SASS Wire Forum

EOT & the Brisco Kid

Max Payne

I have two Rugged Gear Limited Edition Gun carts, mine & my wife's. We only took one to EOT since our buds were gracious enough to take our stuff on their trailer, & we didn't want to take too much. My cart decided during the warm-up on Tuesday that was a good time for one of the spot welds to break on my front wheel. I tried to nurse it along, & it got worse & worse to the point where the wheel was dragging on the bottom of the cart, & I almost couldn't turn it anymore.

It's been a few years since I bought it, & I forgot there's a sub-assembly for the front wheel that can be removed. It appeared that the frame was all one welded piece.

Saturday, we loaded up the cart, & it I was pretty sure the wheel would break off. I went to Brisco Kid's tent & spoke with his wife. I said, "I'll buy a $490 new cart if you'll ship my old one back to me, since there's no more room on the trailer". She said to let Joe have a look at it, & she went to get him. Joe looked it over, took the sub-assembly off, & rummaged thru one of his boxes. He said he had one of those left. He removed the wheel from the assembly, put it on the new one, & re-installed it on my cart. You can imagine how happy I was. I said, "what do I owe you?". Joe said, "Nothing, they had a bad batch of those". I told him I didn't buy the cart from him & tried my best to get him to take some money. He absolutely would not take any money.

I told everyone I saw, & more than one person had similar stories of Joe Brisco. I'm going to be looking to the Brisco Kid for all that I use first before I look anywhere else. If this isn't the cowboy spirit, I don't know what is!!

You can't beat The Brisco Kid.

Well, you can, but you have to have a really good day, and he has to have a bad one! ;):D

I've shot with Joe and Martha and bought from Joe and Martha and they are tops in my book! Cowboy Shooter's Supply is the first place I go for something I need (or just want!).

It is always nice to hear good things from good people about good people in our game... thanks for the post ...Jim

I've beat Joe once six out of ten stages and still lost to him. Damn Rank Points.

But Brisco and Martha are as nice and giving as they come. I hope one day I'm half as good as Brisco is. And if you want to pay Joe off and he won't take cash I think he might take a small token of good scotch.

Deacon Stone

I too am a very satisfied customer of Joe and Martha. Two of my four match guns have come from them.

They both are top shelf in my book. I can tell you or just ask them , I'm about as rough as they come on the Rugged gear carts. They have yet failed to fix my cart every time and for free!!! Buuut I think I'm running out of "cart warranty" with Ms. Martha though 😁😁.

I think the world of these two.

Slick

Joe and Martha are a credit to our sport. I have routinely seen Joe fix guns in the middle of a stage to keep fellow shooters in the game. Martha keeps the store front running like clockwork. They are simply great people to be around.

If you ever have the misfortune of needing repairs on the trail, cowboy shooter supply is a great resource.

Both top notch people in every way. The Cowboy Shooter Supply tent is also the general store of any shoot. You will find a good number of Cowboys hanging out with them at any time of the day.

Joe and Martha are tops in my book as well. I've seen many examples just like those mentioned here, been the recipient of a couple myself! You won't find finer folks without a long, hard search. Give em your business, as I do, when you run across them at a shoot.

Titus

Agree. Very nice folks and Joe does fantastic gun work. Always enjoy getting a moment to converse with them or shop with them. :-)

He fixed an axle on mine and I saw him repairing others. Really a good guy and I make sure to give him my business and send him any that I can. He's just as happy getting your business or just sitting and visiting!

4 Bucks

I'll just say this for both of these fine folks. They are fantastic.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto to all of the above statements.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

They could not have picked better people to represent them, both great people!

I look forward to EOT every year because I see the Brisco Kid and Kiamichi Queen there. Normally I have to get a full overhaul of my Rugged Gear Guncart (I am hard on them) but I thought I was going to get through this year without any work. Of course, the long bolt that holds the front wheel assembly broke on the way up the hill. So I limped it into Cowboy Shooter Supply and, lo and behold, Brisco Kid produced a replacement bolt, screwed it in, and I was good to go. They have always been good to me. i also try to buy a couple of cases of AA shotgun shells while there too--the rebate makes them pretty cheap. Always good to see them at a shoot.

I usually email them my powder and primers needs ahead of time then pay and pick them up at the match. Joe also fixed my new cart at WR and EOT both.

Joe and Martha are two of our long-time favorite people. Now that Joe is retired from his day job, you will see them on the road more often. Keep an eye out. Martha can keep some hard to get stuff in inventory pretty regular.

Archived