SASS Wire Forum

Where can I buy some brand new Winchester 38SP brass?

Max Payne

Naturally, I'd like a price that doesn't curl my hair (what's left).

Thanks!!

Thanks, guys.

I bought 1,000 at Midway for just under $19/100. Graf was a lot higher, & the other two didn't have it. Thanks!

I bought 1,000 at Midway for just under $19/100. Graf was a lot higher, & the other two didn't have it. Thanks!

Why do you prefer the Winchester Brand, over the others? I'm just curious.

I was told by one of the very fast guys, who is pretty anal about these kinds of things, that he examined several brands under a microscope & the edges of the Winchesters are rounded, making it easier for the extractor to engage. I won't name him, in case he doesn't want to be referenced on this topic, but he's one of the REALLY fast guys, & I respect his opinion.

I have about 7 or 8 thousand pieces that I rotate & load over & over & over. I think it'll give me some "warm & fuzzies" to have a batch of brand new brass that I'll set aside just for big matches like the state championships, EOT, Annuals, etc. The closest I've come to using new brass in almost 4 years of CAS is once-fired. I don't have much trouble with jams or anything, but this just seems like a good idea to minimize one variable in bad things that can happen at a big match.

Archived