SASS Wire Forum

what would you buy?

Trigger Mike

Agree. Or 5.56, .223 ammo.

Lower stripped receivers can still be bought for less than $100.00. Might be a very good investment at that price.

Agree. Or 5.56, .223 ammo.

Lower stripped receivers can still be bought for less than $100.00. Might be a very good investment at that price.

Where...? emo4.gif

As of last weekend the best local price I could find was $200... and I'm considering driving the 150 mile round trip on Saturday to do just that.

Another local place - long the largest and most prominent store in the area - wanted $350 for the one they had remaining in stock... and it's pink. :blink:

But then.... this IS California. :mellow:

Down payment on Tonic Kid's 66.

A 4" Model 28 Smith & Wesson. Spend the rest on ammo.

Agree on the 4" S&W, but would get a K-frame; model 10, 15, 18, or 19.

as much reloading components as I could find,Primers, powder bullets.I fear they will become scarce in the near future.

Already have three Ars, 1 long range, 1 infantry carry and 1 300AAC blackout. Probably spend on more reloading components. Hardpan, don't know where you're looking but you can get stripped lowers all day long for less than $100. Even quality lowers. I just bought another complete Rock River Arms with a match trigger for $299.

Thanks, Trapper. I'll look a bit more... but remember where I am. Things are reeeeally weird here these days.

Oh - and as far as buying out-of-state, local FFL holders will charge up to $150 for their services. :(

Thanks, Trapper. I'll look a bit more... but remember where I am. Things are reeeeally weird here these days.

Oh - and as far as buying out-of-state, local FFL holders will charge up to $150 for their services. :(

Dang! I thought my dealers $75 was steep. There are a few other around me that are close to that $150 though. That's the reason I stopped using them.

A Dillon 650.

+1

my other thought was a M & P shield ported in 9mm. i also considered the entire AR 15 rifle as some can be had for about 800 and colts are only 1100. also thought of Glock. probably won't do the reloading thing again. i have children now and no peace and quiet to do that as they follow me like magnets to metal.

Where...? emo4.gif

As of last weekend the best local price I could find was $200... and I'm considering driving the 150 mile round trip on Saturday to do just that.

Another local place - long the largest and most prominent store in the area - wanted $350 for the one they had remaining in stock... and it's pink. :blink:

Wichita, Ks. PM me if'n you want store details.

Some sort of single shot .45-70, a trapdoor maybe??? It's hard to say until I got there, there could be a nice surprise waitin' for ya!!!

Depends on:

A. What they had

B. The mood I was in

lowers all day long for under $100

Anderson lowers here for $49

http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-stripped-lower-7075t6-multical/p/ar-15-a3/

here for$52

http://www.andersonrifles.com/product/stripped-lower-7075-t6-2235-56-a-federal-firearms-license-is-required-to-purchase-this-item/

you can frequently find them for $39.99

99% of lowers are made to mil-spec. So dont get hung up on brand names. The lowers and uppers are made by a few companies and roll marked by the brand name with their names and logos. They are just about all the same, as a stripped lower. Some have ambidextrous controls, flared magwells, some have cool logos, but in the end they are just about the same.

Where...? emo4.gif

Archived