SASS Wire Forum

shipping weapon to california

Trigger Mike

if a C & R holder buys from me in GA does all he need to send me is his C & R and the certificate of approval and then I can ship directly to him?

Where are you shipping to/from?

The title of the post says shipping to Calif. The above sentence says you are shipping to Georgia from Calif.

Yeah, but this ain't the army. Now, you have to deal with ignorant civilians that only know what Hollywood and CNN has told them about firearms.

All guns ain't weapons and all weapons ain't guns.

I know what you mean, you know what you mean but all the nervous Nelly's out there have an attack of the screaming heebee-jeebees at the mention of the word and there's no sense in giving them a reason to start their nattering.

Given the political climate in California right now, you should call the California DOJ and get your answer from them.

Be sure to record the date, time, and full name of the individual(s) you talk to.

Only way to CYA and keep both you and the buyer out of jail.

BTW when you get their name ask them to spell it. You are less likely to get an off the cuff answer from someone over the phone when they know you are keeping notes.

WHY Dirty Dan? that's what we called them in the army.

I don't think I'll ever be able to break that habit. And anyone that is threatened by the word weapon is equally threatened by the word gun, so why should I care what they think anyway?

Yeah, but this ain't the army. Now, you have to deal with ignorant civilians that only know what Hollywood and CNN has told them about firearms.

All guns ain't weapons and all weapons ain't guns.

Google the definition of 'gun' and you will see weapon in the description. This doesn't mean that you 'have to ' call guns, weapons, but neither can you dismiss it . Calling any sort of gun a 'fire arm' is correct and has a better connotation to the message.

I know what you mean, you know what you mean but all the nervous Nelly's out there have an attack of the screaming heebee-jeebees at the mention of the word and there's no sense in giving them a reason to start their nattering.

TM,

There's just too many ignorant folks out there as described by some other posters. I know what you mean. You know what you mean. Let me put this in terms I think most here can understand. Sometimes in "discussing" things with my wife she uses the old "but you said xyz and your exact words were."

I'm fine with the word. I understand it, but 2A opponents are largely ignorant and take it out of context. I find gun, firearm, revolver etc preferable. Use what you like. Just an observation on human behavior, along with the combatant behavioral and character traits of the left.

That said, I have never had any issues shipping weapons to California. Just sent it straight to an FFL.

We may be drifting off topic on a hair splitting safari.

So far, Sedalia Dave has the best advice for you Mike.

Archived