SASS Wire Forum

Phoenix Dumps Old West Shooting Gallery

The associated press reports that Phoenix rejected a mobile, Old West Shooting Gallery for a 4th of July celebrations. (See http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/03/old-west-style-shooting-game-rejected-by-july-4-festival.html.) "The planning committee was not comfortable with an exhibit/game that presented guns in a fun or glorified way," See a picture of the gallery at http://www.dcourier.com/news/2016/mar/27/mobile-shooting-gallery-hits-streets-downtown-pres/. I didn't expect this attitude would be expressed in Arizona.

Winter Range organizers: can you get this gallery set up at Ben Avery for Winter Range? I'd like to try it.

Big cities... the bane of tradition... the bastions of "progress". Squeeze folks that tight in limited space... and it's no wonder they explode every once in a while...

Looks like a great little shooting gallery. This is with electric eyes or laser not bb's or 22s. Very sad what our country is coming to.

CB

Big cities... the bane of tradition... the bastions of "progress". Squeeze folks that tight in limited space... and it's no wonder they explode every once in a while...

Yep, cities are great places to visit once in a while, but I've never been to one I'd want to live in.

Looks like a great little shooting gallery. This is with electric eyes or laser not bb's or 22s. Very sad what our country is coming to.

CB

Coming to??? It looks like we're already there.

Coming to??? It looks like we're already there.

In many places, yes. :(

A few places still trust and honor traditions and values from previous times.

Its the cities that are scared of the national media. We all see the media turn something harmless and fun into the sensationalistic BS. Fear of the media generates this fake political correctness. We have only ourselves to blame because we sit back and let this happen. We let the liberal media ruin our lives and our values.

If all you do is come on a forum and complain about it then you arn't doing enough. Tell media outlets how it makes you feel. Tell your government how it makes you feel. I write hand written letters to these agencies to let them know what I am displeased and pleased with. If more people did this you would be amazed at how things can change.. comming here and complaining...your wasting your energy.

They should have organized this in Tombstone instead of Pah-hoe-nix

~:Wylie:~

Just be glad you don't live in Hawaii now that the governor sign in to law that all firearm owners must be added to the criminal watch list and if they ever get caught breaking the law they will be required to forfeit their firearms

Archived