SASS Wire Forum

No SASS Clubs in Hawaii?

There's 2 listed on the home page under "SASS affiliated clubs. It could be they didn't get their info in on time to get it in the chronicle. Our club Firelands Peacemakers is very much alive and we're not listed because of SASS' time line to get in the chronicle.

We had a father, son and daughter here from Hawaii for EOT.

Yes, clubs still there.

Yep, nice folks. They dropped off two cans of excellent roasted macadamia nuts when I was up at the gate.

If they did not want to pay the $200 "affiliation fee" now required if they did not have enuff SASS members on the roles then SASS would have dropped them almost immediately like a hot potato. We refused to pay so our club was dropped after oh about 20 years or so of affiliation...

If they did not want to pay the $200 "affiliation fee" now required if they did not have enuff SASS members on the roles then SASS would have dropped them almost immediately like a hot potato. We refused to pay so our club was dropped after oh about 20 years or so of affiliation...

+1 :angry:

Hawaii just decided to treat all the legal gun owners there like criminals in a sweeping anti-Second Amendment move by forcing gun owners to register on an FBI criminal list of some sort. I can't imagine there being too much left of any currently existing Shooting Sports or clubs in that state any longer.

Last time I checked the affiliation fee was $100.00 max depending on the number of SASS members in the club. Has this changed?

My initial reaction to the new schedule was also negative, but after thinking it over it makes sense. If everyone is a SASS member it costs the club nothing. Is it too much to ask that clubs that list as SASS affiliated have a majority of their members belong to SASS or pay a pretty nominal fee if they're not? I don't think so.

It seems some clubs/members want the benefits of having a national organization like SASS, but don't want to pay anything at all, not at the club level or the 'member' level.

BTW, it took me until February to get our stuff in. I somehow missed the letter from SASS in the fall. Despite that they didn't drop us at all, although we didn't show up in a few Chronicles.

My conversations with Capt Barbosa from HI indicate the CAS shooters are alive and well. They held their big shoot at the end of June. There are two clubs, one in Maui and one on the big island if I remember correctly.

My initial reaction to the new schedule was also negative, but after thinking it over it makes sense. If everyone is a SASS member it costs the club nothing. Is it too much to ask that clubs that list as SASS affiliated have a majority of their members belong to SASS or pay a pretty nominal fee if they're not? I don't think so.

It seems some clubs/members want the benefits of having a national organization like SASS, but don't want to pay anything at all, not at the club level or the 'member' level.

BTW, it took me until February to get our stuff in. I somehow missed the letter from SASS in the fall. Despite that they didn't drop us at all, although we didn't show up in a few Chronicles.

I belong to 3 shooting clubs, 2 are clubs that shoot only SASS, the other is a large shooting club (400+ members) that only has about 10 to 15 members who shoot SASS. This club dropped it's SASS affiliation (after 15+ years) as it was crazy to ask every member to join SASS. I personally feel SASS was a little short sighted in not making some sort of option available so a club like this could continue to be SASS affiliated without requiring ALL members to be SASS members. They do require all club members to be NRA members, but that's a no-brainer as they get a large savings on club insurance.

I don't see what benefits a club like this would get from a SASS membership.

I belong to 3 shooting clubs, 2 are clubs that shoot only SASS, the other is a large shooting club (400+ members) that only has about 10 to 15 members who shoot SASS. This club dropped it's SASS affiliation (after 15+ years) as it was crazy to ask every member to join SASS. I personally feel SASS was a little short sighted in not making some sort of option available so a club like this could continue to be SASS affiliated without requiring ALL members to be SASS members. They do require all club members to be NRA members, but that's a no-brainer as they get a large savings on club insurance.

I don't see what benefits a club like this would get from a SASS membership.

They are NO benefits to a club being affiliated with SASS unless they plan on doing a state or regional shoot which will cost you another pile of money for an ad you must take out in the CC. Being SASS affiliated is simply a nice gesture to the organization that brought us this sport. That's MHO! :huh:

They are NO benefits to a club being affiliated with SASS unless they plan on doing a state or regional shoot which will cost you another pile of money for an ad you must take out in the CC. Being SASS affiliated is simply a nice gesture to the organization that brought us this sport. That's MHO! :huh:

Don't you think that being listed on SASS website would be a benefit, as traveling shooters could find a club in an area they were traveling to much like the OP? Also, do you not feel that having a governing body to keep things consistent across the whole of the sport are a benefit? Seems like some benefits to me.

WK

Archived