SASS Wire Forum

Need a Recommended Gunsmith in Lake County, Florida

I am looking for a SASS member approved gunsmith in the Lake County, Florida area that I can use to work on my guns as I begin to acquire them.

I was given Roughneck Rod's name; however, he has advised me that he is moving out of State.

I would prefer to drive my guns to someone to work on them instead of mailing them; however, if that is what needs to be done, I will do it.

If anyone can make a recommendation for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Up first is my Stoeger Supreme shotgun.

If I had to send it out of state who would you recommend, and does it matter whether a shotgun, or a lever action rifle go to different gunsmiths or is that decision based on the model of the firearm?

I will keep in mind future purchases may be made with the action work already done.

Well, because you prefer to drive it somewhere close, try to contact Fast Eddie in Georgia and see if he works on Stoegers.

He's one of the best with SKB's so maybe he can help with your Stoeger.

..........Widder

try doing it yourself, go to Marauder's website,,, stoegers are relatively easy to slick up

check out the gunsmith at the range for Ruskin,,,, exit 241 on 75,,, not too far

Well, because you prefer to drive it somewhere close, try to contact Fast Eddie in Georgia and see if he works on Stoegers.

He's one of the best with SKB's so maybe he can help with your Stoeger.

..........Widder

Does anyone have contact info for Fast Eddie?

Dave Smith at Guncraft in Ruskin as noted above. I'm taking two six shooters and a shotgun to him next week. He worked on my very first '73 rifle almost ten years ago. He definitely does quality work and knows what he's doing.

Archived