SASS Wire Forum

auto save on posts.... ever loose a long post just before you hit to post it?

each post reply gets auto saved after about 30s or so and updates as you type..

if you loose your post,,, go to reply options,, it will open the thread and you will find your reply at the top on the last post...

hope this helps

as you type, after a few seconds or so, yu will see auto save and the time in the bottom left corner of the blue section...

Well, it could be useful, I've had some technology issues now and again where I type a really long response to something, and if I'm on my phone or table, my less than slender fingers hit the wrong button and the whole thing is just gone. Good to know how to locate it though, because I have just had to retype, hopefully with the same thoughts haha.

My problem is that I get a bunch typed and then get distracted by something else and then come back to this forum and absent mindedly hit refresh and then right as my reply goes away I realize what I've done....

so I hit refresh and it didn't have all of my post, but it had some of it. Did the other reply options thing and then view autosaved content on the lower part of the blue area and then restore content.

Thanks for the tip CC, of course if I remember it when needed, that is the question...

What I do when I'm going to do a long post, e-mail, response to a blog or whatever, is do it in WORD or and then cut and paste. That way I can have it saved for future reference to what I said.

Howdy,

I cant remember, who is the saint for lost causes?

Best

CR

beats me, I'm Baptist!!

Archived