SASS Wire Forum

Bond Derringer Locking Lever

Dutch Wheeler

Any Lefty Bond Arms owners out there?

Just got a Bond Arms Texas Defender for my 60th Birthday. Nice, gun, can't wait to get out to shoot it.

I am left handed. Does anyone know if the locking lever can be flipped around and mounted on the RIGHT side of the frame?

Just looked at mine, It doesn't appear to be possible because of the way the flat is machined for the locking bar.I would call Bond up and see if they can make you a left handed release for it.Maybe they will thank you for the idea and make it an option.

I sent an email to Bond Arms, and it can be done, but you have to send it back to them.

Before I send it off for 4 weeks, it seems like it should be a do-it-yourself task, the pistol is not that complicated.

Any other experience insight out there?

Rotating the derringer 180 degrees will put the lever on the left side.

Sorry I couldn't resist....

Thanks "Lefty"! I am glad I'm not the only one out here! :D

I may just have to follow your advise and deal with it.

You could learn to shoot with your right hand.... :ph34r:

Those folks at Bond are nice people from what I understand. They can even put a race kit in it for you while they're doing the lever swap.

I was in Dallas last week for a Granddaughter's HS graduation. I was hoping to stop by Bond on the way home. I thought I could drop in and have the changes made while I waited. When I called for an appointment, I was told I could drop it off, they would do the changes, and then ship it back to me in maybe three to four Weeks.. It seems they have a list for the resident Gun Smith for repairs and such and will not work in a drop-in repair.

Disappointed, yes a little. I did not leave the piece for service.

Last year we were in the Northwest visiting Relatives. I scheduled our return trip thru Salt Lake City/ Provo area. I have a North American Arms mini Revolver I needed a minor repair & adjustment done on the piece. I called NAA a few days before, and was told stop by and bring it in. Was also directed on how best to exit I-15. We were there, maybe an Hour at most, Mini was repaired and we were on our way South to Arizona.

My eye was on the New Bond Bull-Pup, I might just buy more NAA mini's. They have a new break-top 22 Schofield coming out soon.

Archived