SASS Wire Forum

Shooting Glasses --ESS CROSSBOY

M D Lancaster

Several years back I had the same problem with bifocals: tilt the head back to use the reading prescription, the sights are in focus and the target fuzzy; tilt the head forward (a much more natural position) to use the distance prescription, the sights are a bit fuzzy but the target is in focus. I even (this was pistol shooting only) tried a special pair of glasses that were set up so the sights were in sharp focus. Results for me: didn't matter a damned bit which setup I used. I was equally good/bad. I decided to stick with my regular glasses and head forward since that was what I'd do if the excrement ever hit the air circulator.

Got them w/prescription inserts w/dominant eye for closeup & nondominant for distance. Love em, can change out the lenses (yellow, clear, etc). Going to get another set w/my current bifocal regular prescription just to see how I like them.

I usually use bifocal/progressive lenses.

But for shooting I bought a pair of regular glasses set up as Renegade mentioned.

I asked my Eye Doc for a prescription with the left eye (non-dominant) focused for distance and the dominant eye focused on the end of my finger when it was stretched out. That has worked great for me.

I use it for long distance and SASS.

I had the bifocal portion cut at the top of the Wiley X lens with the focal point at 36".

With the head in the proper position for all guns the front sight is sharp focus, rear sight and targets less so.

Works for 200 yd+ iron sights, trap and CAS.

Amarillo Rattler

I use and just purchased a new set of whileyX SG-1 not my favorite but they no longer make them. I ordered a special lens for the left side that focuses at the front pistol sight and the right is my normal Len with bifocal. I'm left eye dominat so see how it goes when they come in hopefully Wednesday so I can shoot the main match with them. Last time I just went without the bifocals in both lenses.

Marauder When shooting long distance do you shoot with both eyes open then

It depends on the lighting for me. So sometimes I do, sometimes not. I often don't even know as my body does whatever naturally.

Walmart Prescription safety glasses with the right lens focused for the front sight and the left for distance work fine for me.

NNV

Archived