SASS Wire Forum

.22 Thunderbolt at Walmart South Florida

Waimea

To all my Pards in SW Florida.

I was in the North Port Walmart and they had just put out .22 shells.

1 box per customer.

I bought one of course $24.97 for 500 rounds.

I was thinking that if they got a shipment in North Port then maybe Port Charlotte and others might have gotten one too.

Check it out.

Waimea

They had a sign 1 box per customer but I am sure that a way could be found around the rule.

I bought two 100 round boxes of copper-plated, Mini-Mag CCI 22 LR HP at Walmart for $7.50 per box. They're the only .22's I've seen around here in a long time.

Yeah, I understand there's a gang of odd guys here at "our" Walmart when the doors open every day scarfing up the .22's. The store receives so darn few .22's that amongst that bunch, they pretty much buy them all up before others can get them.

One day in the afternoon last year, though, I saw a cart full of ammo waiting to be stocked. I boldly raided it and I bought all three 10-box cases of 12-Gauge Winchester AA Lo-Noise / Lo-Recoil (Featherlite) shotgun shells and two, 500-round boxes of .22's. The ammo gods were smiling upon me that day, rather than the other thing. :-) :-). The sg shells were $7.84 each and with the Winchester $2.00 per box Summer Rebate in effect, i received $60.00 back from Winhester.

I have had nothing but trouble with Rem Thunderbolts 22. I have had them keyhole at 30 feet. It's almost like the bullet is undersized. And the leading in the forcing cone of my revolvers is had to clean out. I stopped using them and gave them to a guy I don't like.

Here in north Atlanta i've bought several thousand rounds of CCI and Remington standard velocity for .06-.08 per round over the last year or so with no limits. Local gun store has all ya need and as long a greed doesn't enter the issue he lets anyone buy what they want. I thought the shortage and quantity limits had ended.

Makes one wonder where all of the 22's are being shipped to and who's buying them up before the stores can get any. My "boss's" nephew works for Federal and they also own CCI. His Dad told her Federal runs 24/7 365. They put out 10-14 Million (yes million) 22's per shift. CCI puts out about 8-10 or 11 Million per shift. That's a boat load of 22's each day in anyone's book. Where are they going?

Howdy,

Last I knew there are none local.

One shop charges a lot if they ever get any.

I stopped going there.

I keep thinking it would be cool for the 22 makers to show up

at gun shows with a semi full of 22s and sell 1000 per person until

every body gets them then more until the truck is empty.

If a small number of guys are getting whole shipments, where do they put them?

Best

CR

Makes one wonder where all of the 22's are being shipped to and who's buying them up before the stores can get any. My "boss's" nephew works for Federal and they also own CCI. His Dad told her Federal runs 24/7 365. They put out 10-14 Million (yes million) 22's per shift. CCI puts out about 8-10 or 11 Million per shift. That's a boat load of 22's each day in anyone's book. Where are they going?

They're sure not making it to Arizona.

Archived