SASS Wire Forum

You Don't NEED An AR-15

Subdeacon Joe

Good Read Here

“You don’t need an AR-15.” After every shooting, we hear the presidents and governors and mayors repeat their call for “assault weapons bans”… because, as they say, “you don’t need an AR-15.”

Or a Sig-Sauer, or an AK-47, or whatever weapon was used in whatever shooting was in the news.

And maybe they’re right. You DON’T need an AR-15.

You could use a different weapon. There are many. Some are heavier, some are lighter. Some more or less expensive, some better at longer or shorter distances. Some fire less expensive ammunition so they’re more affordable for target practice; some fire more expensive ammunition to ensure a quick, clean kill when hunting deer, moose, or elk. Some are more comfortable for tall shooters or for short ones; some are more suited to women, some to men.

There are so many brands and models; you don’t necessarily “need” the one that you “want.” They are right about that, I suppose.

Know what else you don’t need?

You don’t need that church you go to every Sunday (or every other Sunday, or whatever your attendance schedule may be)…

Perhaps you’re used to going to the local Catholic church, or the Greek Orthodox church, or the Lutheran church (Missouri synod), or the Lutheran church (Wisconsin synod), or a Reform Jewish synagogue or an Orthodox temple, or any of a hundred other denominations, with churches and temples, big and small, old and new, rich and poor, that dot the landscape and take so much land off the property tax rolls in the process. You don’t NEED that church.

Wouldn’t it be easier if we just had one church, say, the Anglican Church? Then it would save money, and end all these arguments and theological disputes… and it could be funded by the state, through tax dollars. No more pesky Sunday collections. Win-Win!

And while we’re talking about “things we don’t need…”

Why do we print all these newspapers and magazines? Every day, all over the country, tens of thousands of trees are “killed” – as the environmentalists would say – in order to print paper for these periodical publications. Newspapers and magazines, dailies and weeklies, all using tons of paper and barrels of ink, and for what? To tell you information that you probably don’t really need in the first place.

NO, we don't, what we need is respect for each other.

I blame late night hosts like Letterman for being very lazy and

deciding that it was 'funny' to disrespect national and international leaders.

Yo mama so fat 'jokes' and mean spirited political fights and on and on.

No simple respect for the other guy.

The American public has been fed disrespect as entertainment.

And its NOT funny.

Best

CR

and as many of my friends found out back in the 60s You don't need one, you need two.... ;)

CR,

Too much of the American public relies on those late night shows for their news and opinion formation. Too much of the American public cares more for reality TV than for reality.

Too many of those people want someone else to do their "thinking" for them.

Johnny Carson was entertainment, and classy. Everyone else after him was and is a part of the problem you mention.

And you are right, it is not funny. The country is in a tailspin because of what too many people hold as "values" today.

:angry:

I had an interesting conversation with my doctor yesterday during my 'checkup'. The first thing he notices was my blood pressure, usually in the very normal range was up over 20 points! His staff nurse and I had got to talking about the election and of course "that" B*****'s" name came up. Spike that BP !!! He's a gun guy, and during the exam we talked about Orlando and the conversation turned to rifles. He said he didn't think anyone really needed an AR and I of course mentioned specific incidents where that would have been a better choice for defense. Didn't have to explain the difference between a semi and a full auto (he's a gun guy) but the turning point was when I compared his favorite Browning BAR; in 7mm is substantially more powerful than a 223 and functions identically to the AR. If you equipped it with magazines of 10, 20 etc (if, I don't think anyone makes'em) and we also compared the Mini-14 to an AR. The YouTube video with Sheriff Ken Campbell having three different shooters shoot two 15 round mags, three tens and six five round mags out of a Glock for time was very enlightening; the times were kind of a wash no matter what size you used, given the ability of the shooters.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm partial to the Kalashnikov myself!!

Rosa Parks didn't need to sit at the front of the bus. Need is not a requirement for exercising a right.

I had a Bushmaster and I shot it twice in 2 years! I sold it then bought a mini-14, same scenario, sold it. Now that the libs don't want me to have one I'm looking at a Ruger AR 556. This time I'm gonna shoot it more and keep it!! ;)

AR15? PHOOEY.

Have you all seen the new civilian version of the M249 SAW?

I DO need one of those.

Archived