SASS Wire Forum

CA Bullet Button Ban

Subdeacon Joe

Am I understanding the correctly?

This contraption locks the mag into the gun and you load the mag from the top while still in the gun?

Since this not a detachable magazine, is there still a 10 round limit or can you put a 100 round drum on there?

The gun industry moves much faster and is much more creative than the California Legislature.

That's because the gun industry, unlike state legislatures, actually know a thing or three about firearms. Legislators who neither own nor use firearms, nor even have a passable working knowledge of them should have NO SAY in the regulation thereof and should recuse themselves from any deliberations or debate on any proposed laws that would restrict the rights to usage of that of which they demonstrably know so little.

These new laws are sure to be challenged in Court so look for a injunction preventing them from being enforced while it works it way through the system.

The 9th Circuit is almost sure to uphold the laws so it will come down to the Supreme Court deciding if it worth their attention. So far the Supreme Court has been painfully quiet about explaining our 2A rights.

Regardless I expect massive non-compliance with disposal of high capacity magazines.

Remember marksmanship is important. Because one day we will have to liberate the Californians.

These new laws are sure to be challenged in Court so look for a injunction preventing them from being enforced while it works it way through the system.

The 9th Circuit is almost sure to uphold the laws so it will come down to the Supreme Court deciding if it worth their attention. So far the Supreme Court has been painfully quiet about explaining our 2A rights.

Regardless I expect massive non-compliance with disposal of high capacity magazines.

Yeah Akmed the terrorist is gonna turn his in, for sure. (That's what they think).

The "opposition" calls that Civil Disobedience. And they're great advocates of the practice when it suits them. :rolleyes:

As much as I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with these recent "gun safety measures," I would assume if one of our lever guns ever met the qualifications to be banned, a magazine plug (probably welded/soldered) would get it back to legal status. The 1860 and other CAS guns aren't the "scary black" ones.

Therein lies the problem. They divide and conquer. The elmer fuds shooting trap and skeet think "well, they will never come for my $5,000 skeet gun so what do I care? I hear folks in my muzzleloading circles saying similar things "I don't own any black rifles just flintlocks, so what do I care?".

Let me assure everyone here, our cowboy guns, AR-15's, single action revolvers and 1911's as well as my beloved flintlocks are all "evil" to the liberals. They want to ban them all and until we stand together as one to let them know we're not giving a single inch, then the game is over, we've lost. End of story.

Therein lies the problem. They divide and conquer. The elmer fuds shooting trap and skeet think "well, they will never come for my $5,000 skeet gun so what do I care? I hear folks in my muzzleloading circles saying similar things "I don't own any black rifles just flintlocks, so what do I care?".

Let me assure everyone here, our cowboy guns, AR-15's, single action revolvers and 1911's as well as my beloved flintlocks are all "evil" to the liberals. They want to ban them all and until we stand together as one to let them know we're not giving a single inch, then the game is over, we've lost. End of story.

I don't disagree with you on the point that the gun grabbers want to ban em all. I was just pointing out how they currently twist the media coverage to the black ones being the bad ones. A gun is a tool.... no worse or better than the man using it.

I'm sure the thought process on the minds of all the banners is death to the 2A by 1000 paper cuts. It wouldn't surprise me at all to start seeing Austrailia style bills show up in DC. I hope I never see that though.

Which is why I recommend to all my local gun loving friends (even though none of us actually own any, we just appreciate them for what they are) to either join or donate to the NRA, especially their legislative branch (which I try to do here and there when the budget allows). Whether or not you agree with everything they do, they are the biggest voice we have lobbying for us in DC.

What was Charlton Heston's famous line...?

The city of los angeles already has the same magazine law in place and so far they have had zero people turning in their over 10 rd. mags

Consider joining and supporting one of the organizations that represent the "fringe" items like super-long-range 50s, or NFA / class-3 weapons, or other such things.

Consider them as canaries in the coal mine. If they still have their toys, we can probably keep ours.

Consider joining and supporting one of the organizations that represent the "fringe" items like super-long-range 50s, or NFA / class-3 weapons, or other such things.

Consider them as canaries in the coal mine. If they still have their toys, we can probably keep ours.

Rifles in .50 BMG were deemed 'assault rifles' in CA back in...'03? '05? and can no longer be sold or transferred. In fact, ANY .50 cal centerfire is banned for sale in CA. NFA firearms? Surely you joke.

California banned he Barret .50 BMG.

Barret introduced the Barret 82A1 which is a .416 caliber with a non detactable 10 round magazine.

Also I believe they make a single shot .416.

At the range the .416 is a little faster bullet due to necking down the diameter and it was found to be a little more accurate.

Just like the current No Bullet Button, the manufacturers are ready with the next generation to fit within the new law.

----------------------

All my life I have heard that some day the west coast is going to fall in tot he ocean.

I want everyone to know, I am doing my part.

For years, I have been going out back and moving a shovel full of dirt, making a ditch ine to help old San Andreas when what it needs to do. ;^)

I am getting worn out though.

Already gone through 3 shovels.

If only even half of the gun owners in America would join the NRA and or GOA we could put a stop to this in a heart beat.

I'm a life member, my wife don't shot but she has been a NRA member for many years.

How bout every NRA member sign up 1 $10.00 member? I have signed up several.

I know a lot don't care for the NRA but with out them we would be worse off now.

ANy way "united we stand divided we fall"

If only even half of the gun owners in America would join the NRA and or GOA we could put a stop to this in a heart beat.

I'm a life member, my wife don't shot but she has been a NRA member for many years.

How bout every NRA member sign up 1 $10.00 member? I have signed up several.

I know a lot don't care for the NRA but with out them we would be worse off now.

ANy way "united we stand divided we fall"

If only half the gun owners in America would call and write to their representatives a couple of times a month.

If only half the gun owners in America would call and write to their representatives a couple of times a month.

Most of those sorry bastards would STILL betrays for their own agenda!!

I'm with ya' Joe, but it's gonna' take more than just letters and phone calls. Until we can get enough people mad enough to vote the sorry bastards out, we're shoveling $#!+ against the tide!!

Archived