SASS Wire Forum

CA Bullet Button Ban

Subdeacon Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Am I understanding the correctly?

This contraption locks the mag into the gun and you load the mag from the top while still in the gun?

Since this not a detachable magazine, is there still a 10 round limit or can you put a 100 round drum on there?

The gun industry moves much faster and is much more creative than the California Legislature.

This contraption locks the mag into the gun and you load the mag from the top while still in the gun?

Since this not a detachable magazine, is there still a 10 round limit or can you put a 100 round drum on there?

The gun industry moves much faster and is much more creative than the California Legislature.

I haven't read the most recent legislation, but the previous version of the "bullet button ban" was removing the mag release button and replacing it with one that was not as long so that it could not be pressed by your finger. You needed a tool (or the nose of a cartridge) to release your mag. This looks like even that is gone now and cartridges must be loaded from the top. If that's the case, we might finally see these clips for an AR. I've heard politicians talking about them, but I've never found one. I can only ever seem to find magazines.

10 rounds. Period.

The way it seems to work is that when you pull the takedown pin the mag is unlocked. You can then change magazines, close up the gun, and slap the takedown pin back into place.

I can load the drums for my AK and SKS rifles without removing them. They hold 75 rounds. If I attach them permanently......

My 1860 Henry replica holds 14 rounds. I figure they'll' get around to banning them before too long!!

I can load the drums for my AK and SKS rifles without removing them. They hold 75 rounds. If I attach them permanently......

My 1860 Henry replica holds 14 rounds. I figure they'll' get around to banning them before too long!!

As much as I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with these recent "gun safety measures," I would assume if one of our lever guns ever met the qualifications to be banned, a magazine plug (probably welded/soldered) would get it back to legal status. The 1860 and other CAS guns aren't the "scary black" ones.

As much as I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with these recent "gun safety measures," I would assume if one of our lever guns ever met the qualifications to be banned, a magazine plug (probably welded/soldered) would get it back to legal status. The 1860 and other CAS guns aren't the "scary black" ones.

Many of the bills contain language such as "capable of holding..." Even a welded plug may not make it legal.

You couldn't melt me down and pour me out in California!! Like I said over on the Team SASS forum.

Will the last patriotic American leaving California please turn out the lights and bring the flag???

I'm not disagreein' with you one bit, Joe... but dang, sometimes I feel like I'm in the Alamo. :wacko:

Some of us think it is necessary to actually fight, rather than just cut and run.

I feel for ya pard and I agree but it seems like you guys are constantly fighting a never ending battle and it keeps getting worse and worse! Soldier on brave ones! :FlagAm:

You can make a tactical withdrawal. If all of the productive patriots leave, you could starve 'em out!!! The way things are going there, you'll be in jail if you don't just cave to their idiocy!!

I STILL think you're putting up a hell of a fight, Joe!!

Some of us think it is necessary to actually fight, rather than just cut and run.

I'm not disagreein' with you one bit, Joe... but dang, sometimes I feel like I'm in the Alamo. :wacko:

I agree with both. I'm pretty sure that with the emails I've sent I'm likely on every watch list out there. i love the scenery, the climate, and most of the people not in the bay area or LA. But damn, the liberal idiots make it harder and harder.

Keep up the good fight, Clay, Hardpan, SDJ, Yul Lose and our other good pards that remain. Even though we no longer live there, we still send money to organizations that continue to fight the good fight. We miss our home, family and friends terribly and wish we could come back. But we will continue to support any organization that is wiling to fight for the rights of the good citizens of the state.

Calamity {will always remain a beach girl} Kris

I just spend several days in the vicinity of San Diego. Being retired law enforcement officer I tend to look at humanity just a little differently. I can honestly say that the street people in southern CA are every bit as predatory as those I have seen in the DC and Chicago area. I do not see me going back, it was just too uncomfortable. But then again according to the politicians, its the guns and not the people that are the problem. I know of several other beach towns that are still a pleasure to go to and none of them are in CA. Merle Haggard stated it best once upon a time. I feel for the real Americans in CA that have to stay and must adapt.

Only one question.

Has all this legislation had any affect on the murder rates in California?

Just saw a report that crime is up almost 10% in CA. But I'm sure that moonbeam emptying prisons, and the anti-gun laws had nothing to do with that.

Whole situation makes me nauseous.

But the outstanding question is:

Will this withstand the test of law? :huh:

Or will some DOJ sort or judge declare it be merely an evolution of the Bullet Button? :(

And by the way - my Godson already ordered two. ;)

Seems like a terrorist or gang member could order a standard mag release by mail and undo a California AR15 pretty easily. A short trip over to Arizona and they could buy all the 30 round mags they needed.

Seems like a terrorist or gang member could order a standard mag release by mail and undo a California AR15 pretty easily. A short trip over to Arizona and they could buy all the 30 round mags they needed.

But Bob... they wouldn't dare! That would be illegal! :huh:

Surely you jest!!! There's a law against that kind of stuff in Commiefornia! They wouldn't dare!

Ha ha..and my Ruger Mini-14 with a wood stock isn't scary looking either!! :wacko: What a crock these anti-gun politicians are handing people!! :angry:

Archived