SASS Wire Forum

NY Daily News writer gets temporary PTSD from the horrors of shooting an AR

Allegiance

NY Daily News writer gets temporary PTSD from the horrors of shooting an AR

6/14/16| Opinion by Chris Eger

“In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel,” he writes after comparing it to a bazooka.

That’s just one of the priceless lines from Gersh Kuntzman’s article posted Tuesday by the New York Daily News.

You know the NYDN right?

These are some of past their fish-wrappers, so you know they are as impartial as Katie Couric at a VCDL meeting (too soon?)

Anyhow, Kuntzman and his team of hardy compatriots ventured down to a Philly gun store/range and spent an entire day submerging themselves in gun culture, perhaps clad in a Tyvek suit complete with doubled latex gloves to keep the Freedom from touching their skin, and what they found would have shocked Brian Williams right out of his helicopter.

The article: “What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud”

Grab your popcorn, let’s digest the mind-blowing soul rape that is Kuntzman’s Craigslist hookup with an AR.

• “I’ve shot pistols before, but never something like an AR-15. Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).”
  • “The recoil bruised my shoulder.”
  • “The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face.”
  • “The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick.”

Wait for it, wait for it. Here is what you came here and made it this far to reach– the money shot.

“The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.”

Then, as if your stomach could not take another exercise in over-the-top- anti-gun rhetoric, you have this final rotten cherry placed oh so delicately atop the soured dessert that Knutzman has already crafted.

“Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened. In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.”

Because that could be the only reason why anyone would own, use or shoot an AR. That’s what all AR owners visualize when they go to the range? Seriously?

Whoops, how about the estimated 8 million in circulation as opposed to their low use in crime? I mean it’s not like the FBI has statistics that show death by rifles are comparatively rare when compared to the other instruments of homicide or anything.

Oh wait.

But surely if a grown strapping man such as Knutzman can’t take even a few “clips” worth of 5.56/.223 in a controlled range environment, then these guns are such brutal butchers’ tools that no one could be able to fire them, huh?

Oh wait.

Well maybe those kids had weak versions of the AR-15, and not the single malt slaughter pipe that Knutzman shot.

Well then what was Science and Mechanics writer Patrick K. Snook doing in 1962 with a first run select-fire Colt AR-15 that he wrote an article for entitled “Super-gun for the Modern Crime Fighter” in which he remarked that “I tried the rifle and found it so light and easy to handle that I could hold it comfortably with one hand and fire short-accurate bursts.”

Photos or it didn’t happen right?

Boom! Off the chin! One-handed!

Those aviators. That SP1 birdcage…This guy is no Kuntzman.

Anyway, we hope Mr. Kuntzman’s PTSD gets better. Hopefully he can wait in line at the VA and get that addressed sometime this year. Maybe share his story. Those guys in the waiting room love a “This ain’t no shit” tale.

In the meantime, he just has his twitter feed to wage war for the hearts and minds on.

Sulphur? Really? Musta been one of those older Blackpowder AR's, and stood for "Ancient Rifle".

The little cupcake changed his lie from: "“In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel,” "

to

"If illegally modified to fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.".

He failed to mention that change in his pro forma "apology" for his PTSD comment.

Temporary PTSD can usually be treated with aroma therapy.

This idiot is one of the sorriest excuses for a journalist I've ever seen.

Typical of the type of reporting we see these days. They write the story first and then make facts up to support it.

My kiddo shooting the 5.56 NATO cartridge for the first time - 13 years old. She was shooting her 22's and saw me enjoying the Mini-14 and said "Dad, let me try that" - she loves it...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Does the term "wuss" come to mind...? :rolleyes:

I had to go to Google to see what this guy looks like.

Yep. "Wuss" it is. ;)

Poor Cookie Monster. :mellow:

cookie-monster.jpg

Folks, it is these people that a huge segment of the American population respect and identify with. We MUST call their bias and lies to the forefront and hammer them with their own rhetoric. Please also call your representatives in the Senate and the House and demand that they vote against the antigun bills the Democrats are hammering them with. We are going to loose this fight if YOU do not. I do not care if you only use "Cowboy guns" it will soon be ALL guns. We need millions of people to call, write emails and the good old snail mail about this issue. I worked for the Letter Carrier Union (NALC) for many years and they spent huge amounts of money training me to be a good legislative activist. Sadly for them, I used all I learned to promote and fight gun control over the last 39 years. When Bill Clinton was the Democrat nominee, the NALC endorsed him, at our National Convention the summer before the election, our National President called for a vote on endorsing him. The ayes screamed their praise. He started to rule it unanimous, I called a point of order on the floor and asked why he failed to call for the "Nays". He did and I was the only voice in that convention hall in St. Louis to say NAY!. I am proud to be the only one who kept the NALC's endorsement from being unanimous. Please listen to my pleas and fight this Democrat nominee. If we fail now, we will all loose our GOD given rights.

Folks, it is these people that a huge segment of the American population respect and identify with. We MUST call their bias and lies to the forefront and hammer them with their own rhetoric. Please also call your representatives in the Senate and the House and demand that they vote against the antigun bills the Democrats are hammering them with. We are going to loose this fight if YOU do not. I do not care if you only use "Cowboy guns" it will soon be ALL guns. We need millions of people to call, write emails and the good old snail mail about this issue. I worked for the Letter Carrier Union (NALC) for many years and they spent huge amounts of money training me to be a good legislative activist. Sadly for them, I used all I learned to promote and fight gun control over the last 39 years. When Bill Clinton was the Democrat nominee, the NALC endorsed him, at our National Convention the summer before the election, our National President called for a vote on endorsing him. The ayes screamed their praise. He started to rule it unanimous, I called a point of order on the floor and asked why he failed to call for the "Nays". He did and I was the only voice in that convention hall in St. Louis to say NAY!. I am proud to be the only one who kept the NALC's endorsement from being unanimous. Please listen to my pleas and fight this Democrat nominee. If we fail now, we will all loose our GOD given rights.

You hit it on the mark. Too many gun owners whine and moan at the gun store or the range "WOE! WOE! All is lost!" when they should be getting off their collective butts and calling, writing their representatives. Writing letters to the editor. Following stories in their local papers online editions and leaving comments to combat the lies and hate. You won't convince the die-hard statists. but you might convince those sitting on the fence.

Good job at that NALC convention. I bet you got a lot of hard looks for your point of order and making sure they followed the rules.

Archived