SASS Wire Forum

mindset these days is wrong

Trigger Mike

we have been inundated on tv etc to just give the criminals what they want to not resist them. even the government did this for decades with terrorist hijacking planes. there is this mentality that we are to run instead of facing our problems, which is why so many do drugs or have their "safe place" they run to when upset. In times past we were brought up to face reality and work thru the problem not avoid it like many are taught today,. many are taught , especially in the world of psychiatry to not let themselves stay in situations that may cause them stress as it "is too much for them" to handle. my wife is seeing one and when i have child that is hurt and i need help, she runs to her "safe place" away from them. It's this kind of mentality that prevents us as a whole from fighting evil when it presents it self.

in the army we sang about death and dying like it was an expected event. we were being taught to recognize we are dead already and thus have nothing left to fear so we could engage the enemy. that mentality is lost on a lot of society today and even seems strange and cruel to them. perhaps if this nation went back to teaching that there is no safe place to run to, that we have to fight evil aggressively for we are dead already if we don't, we could put an end or at least lesson these terrible terrorist acts against our freedom to live as we see fit.

There is A LOT that we as a nation need to re-embrace as what we teach, know, embrace and live.

But as Trigger Mike points out, "...that mentality is lost on a lot of society today..."

:(

First I think every male out of HS should spend 2 yrs in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or the Marine Corps. They will learn there is no safe place unless they make it safe!!

PS Or Coast Guard. ( didn't mean to leave you guys out)

I have felt that way for years, Tascosa. When they abolished the draft I thought it was a mistake.

But when you leaders refuse to acknowledge your enemies you are fighting an uphill battle.

I raised my daughter with an attitude that WE are not going to live our life as though we are sacrificial fodder for some idiot.

She was taught to have a 'fight' attitude (and also call 911).

Anyhow, when she turned 21, I told her that her BDay present would be a pistol of her choice, as long as it was a GOOD pistol, plus she would take the TN Carry class and get her Carry Permit.

This was 2 years ago and she continues to practice and shoot often.

I instilled in her mind that I didn't raise her to be a sacrifice just for someone else to make a political or religion statement.

Trigger Mike..... good post!

..........Widder

First I think every male out of HS should spend 2 yrs in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or the Marine Corps. They will learn there is no safe place unless they make it safe!!

PS Or Coast Guard. ( didn't mean to leave you guys out)

It's not just the fact that there are no safe places, but it also goes a long way to keeping nations out of war. When every son (or daughter) is or has a chance to be in a war, the populace pays a lot more attention to what is happening here and in the world are are much more reluctant to let the nation go to war. Countries that have mandatory service have proven this over the years. It requires the majority to believe in the cause rather than the few plutocrats the profit from wars.

The attitude that common citizens should not or cannot defend themselves has been rammed down our throats for a long time now. Watch the common theme written into the old tv shows and B westerns.....Gunsmoke was one of the worst.

Yes sir, mindset is wrong and the mindset is developed in the location where most people live,,, Urban. Stand in line, wait your turn and someone will be along shortly to take care of your needs.

From Google: The urban areas of the United States for the 2010 Census contain 249,253,271 people, representing 80.7% of the population, and rural areas contain 59,492,276 people, or 19.3% of the population.

Archived