SASS Wire Forum

The View from Dominator's Saddle

My grandson, Dominator, posted this on Facebook after the Orlando tragedy. He is a 20 year old college student at Flagler, SASS Scholarship winner, talented artist, champion shooter and total patriot...but more importantly, he gives me faith in his generation.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time to lay some words...

I live in Florida not 40 minutes from what is now the most damaging mass shooting to ever occur on our shores (nonmilitary in nature) and already I begin to hear the grumbling of people demanding action. Justifiably so, I to want action taken, tough different from most. The cries that I hear, especially from my demographic are as cripplingly loud as they are cripplingly ignorant. "We need gun control now!" cry those looking for an easy solution.

Let me post several points in the efforts of good debate: 1st, the location of these shootings have one thing in common. Newtown, Charleston, Orlando, different type locations with wildly different crowds, all have in common "Gun Free Zone" signs or policies in place. Meaning law abiding citizens who have armed themselves legally, must willingly forfeit their rights to defend themselves or others. These signs and policies only serve to disarm good people and let bad ones remain armed.

2nd, people are focusing on the wrong statistics when looking to England and Australia for "guidance". Yes, in countries where firearms were never numerous to begin with it was possible to say "welp, bad man use gun to kill people, we take gun from everyone" when in America, there enough firearms to arm every man, woman and child at least twice. Logistically impossible, now let's look at the effect of those gun bans on foreign soil. Gun crime dropped. Know what didn't? Petty crimes, batteries and violent crime. In Australia alone, certain areas saw a crime jump of as much as %200. If bad men want to do bad things, it doesn't matter what they want to do to accomplish them. And the last thing that should happen is the removal of what gives me a fighting chance. And don't tell me I should just "call the police." With an average response time of about 5 minutes national and that time extending to 30 in some places, the officers would arrive to a murder rather than to help someone.

3rd. Bad men will use what ever they want or need to kill people. Guns even the playing field for those of us who want to live in peace. Boston marathon was bombed by pressure cookers. A man in China killed 29 and wounded an additional 113 with a standard kitchen knife. 9/11 was carried out by men wielding box cutters. Terrorist have use propane tanks wired to cell phones as bombs. Fertilizer has been used to bomb countless targets. These you hear about, yet in those cases, only ask the question "what was wrong with them (the person)" yet someone shoots someone your blame shifts to "it must be the gun's fault."

Let me quote Sun Tzu real quick: "1,000 deer will not cross a forest if they feel that 1 tiger might be lurking in it. So to, can you control your enemy." If, rather than disarming our good people, we let them arm themselves as our Constitution outlines we have the right, not only would we hear about less mass shootings, potential shooters would either be A) to scared to act upon threat of their life, B) dead at the hands of good people.

Do not mistake the purpose of this post. I feel action must be taken, and quickly, but not against our rights. My vote would be to exterminate those responsible for that lousy excuse for a man,s life indoctrination and radicalization. Wipe out them and their supporters with extreme prejudice. Next, focus on mental health issues and treatment, we have such a terrible lack of import placed on it which must be corrected.

With a good number of friends in the LGBT community, my thoughts and prayers are with those who have fallen, who are wounded, or have loved ones amidst the carnage.

If you protest against any of what I have said, by all means, message me. I want to facilitate a debate, now you just know the view from my saddle.

That is a grandson to ride the river with...God bless you and yours....Jim

Durn well stated. We need more young 'uns like this fella.

I'll give an AMEN!

Archived