SASS Wire Forum

Prayers needed for my wife KJ, UPDATE 6/17

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DANG!! Deuce! I just saw this!! Prayers from me 'n' Schoolmarm for K.J. and for you!1

The S.A.S.S. family IS strong. The results of their prayers are seen in Schoolmarm's recovery and we gladly pass along all of those prayers!!

Sounds like good news👍🏼

Prayers up for complete recovery.

Best Regards,

Ringer

I will offer my thoughts for an easy recovery. Once they get her replacement meds balanced, she should be fine. I had a radical bi-lateral thyroidectomy in 2000, the only thing they left in there was one of the four para-thyroid nodes, and a couple of lymph nodes. I came away with a "second smile" and my voice changed, but otherwise, I am fine, thyroid wise.

Would appreciate prayers for my wife KJ. We found out May 2nd that she has thyroid cancer. Well today she is having surgery and they are doing a complete thyroid removal. My prayer is that they get all of thr cancer and she won't need further treatment. We have a awesome SASS family and know that many will be praying for us.

UPDATE.

We just made it home. She is resting comfortably. The surgery by all accounts was a success. They were able to remove the thyroid and the Dr. was confident that the the tumor had not attached to anything else, but they will know if any radiation is needed after the lab results are in. They kept her one night due to a intolerance of some pain meds so she is going to be sticking with tylenol and advil. She is walking around but has a fair amount of trouble speaking due to one of the vocal cords that got stretched during the procedure. We cannot thank everyone enough for all the prayers and well wishes along with emails, texts, pm's and calls. The support and love is overwhelming. We are not out of the woods yet but we feel a lot better about it.

Great news on the update! Continued prayers for her speedy recovery! ;)

Deuce,

We will sure be praying for K.J.'s full recovery and that her lab results will be good. I had mine out in 2013 and all went well then, and now, so I will pray K.J. has the same results!! My fear was that I wouldn't be able to talk after the surgery. As Marty can tell ya, that was not and has not been a problem!!

Your pards,

Katie Callahan & Bad River Marty

Deuce,

Just saw your post and my jaw hit the floor.

The doc would not say he thought he got it all unless he actually thought so.

That statement was greatly encouraging!

I am standin' up on my Prayer Bones for the both of you!

I pray she continues to do well and makes a full recovery. I know she will still have some rough days ahead but prayers for her comfort and comfort of her family. The games we play mean nothing when the seriousness of the real life trials we must face come to us. Best wishes for your family, sounds like she's off to a great start....

Duece,

Just saw this. So sorry you all are having to go through this. Sending thoughts, prayers, and positive energy your way.

Lady T. and Tombstone

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers up for all of you !

God speed KJ's Recovery !

May her doctors hands be guided by the great healer...may your children's hearts be calmed by the the peace that surpasses all understanding and may you continue to thrive on the love of your brothers and sisters in Christ Amen...

Archived