SASS Wire Forum

POWDER CREEK COWBOYS

Ace Hanlon

Just attended my first Prince of the Pistoleers match and these folks put on a great match! It was a hot two days and there were cold ice water stations which were filled several times a day and air conditioned restrooms. I really liked shooting 3 stages and then breaking for lunch followed by 2 more stages each day when hot. Thank you to all the Powder Creek Cowboy & Cowgirls for your hard work.

The speeds matched the heat!

Missouri Lefty averaged less than 17 seconds per stage and won the Overall. The Brisco Kid, National Champion Frontiersman placed 10th Overall averaging an incredible 26 seconds per stage for the match. Try that one handed with a percussion revolver! Stages were well written with good variety. The signature side match, named the Prince of the Pistoleers in honor of Wild Bill Hickok, humbled most of us.

It is my "can't miss it" match each year. Congratulations to KC Ranger, Eldorado Wayne, Hondo Tucker, and all the rest of the Powder Creek Cowboys for producing such a fine match.

Dittos to what my good friend J-Bar said. This was my 9th time shooting the match and is on my CAN'T MISS list as well.

Posse 5 rocked!

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

It's on my tentative schedule for 2017.

Hopefully I can attend.

I have a sister dying of cancer out west, so it's not certain.

But there's a bunch of wire pards who I would like to shoot frontiersman with.

So, with any luck, you'll be breathing my smoke next June.

--Dawg

"So, with any luck, you'll be breathing my smoke next June."

Icing on the cake!!

Hopes and prayers for your sister, pard.

Archived