SASS Wire Forum

NC State is over: another good match

Widder, SASS #59054

Well, the NC State match is now history.

Final scores/rankings will probably be posted later this morning or today as the final activities of the awards are scheduled for this morning.

I traveled back home yesterday after my last stage.

Once again, those fine folks put on another REAL GOOD match.

There was a very good mix of target arrangements, sized and scenarios that should have satisfied everyone, both left and right handers AND those ornery BP folks... :)

The weather was perfect: lots of sunshine and cool (90 degree) weather. There was some rain but it happened AFTER the speed side matches were over on Thursday.

Personally, I always enjoy this match. Maybe its the location and the layout of the match (all on level ground).

Maybe its the challenging scenerios and movements.... no 'P' traps or stand/deliver stages.

OR maybe its those folks who host the match. They honestly seem to set everything up for the fun and benefit of the shooter. No doubt they work hard to create a great match.

PROPS: OUTSTANDING. I enjoyed moving thru the tunnel and having to stop in the middle to shoot the SG thru a window, then moving to the end of the tunnel to engage other SG targets.

And shooting THRU the waterfall was unique. That particular prop was well planned and nicely set up.

I hope I get to travel back again next year.

THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE THIS ANOTHER GREAT MATCH.

..........Widder

Good match indeed. And I had a wonderful time shooting with my inspirational friend, Widder. Along with other great pards, Shamrock Sadie, Knot Hardly Dunn, Krazy Kajun and many others.

Congrats to Red River Ray and Six Gun Sallie, North Carolina State Champs. And congrats to Christian Mortician for Overall winner. Very nice young man....

We had a great working posse and it was wonderful seeing all of our cowboy and cowgirl family...love spending time with all of them.

The NC gang always does a fantastic job at this match. We really liked the props...lots of work went into them. The stage writing, banquet, awards, and hospitality were all top notch! The target distance was great too.
Thanks to all of the volunteers for making it an enjoyable weekend!

Congratulations to all of the category winners and especially to the NC State Champions: Sixgun Sallie and Red River Ray

Congratulations also to Overall Cowgirl: Sixgun Sallie and Overall Cowboy: Christian Mortician.

Colorado Aspen was able to hold it together in the Top 8 Ladies shoot-off, winning it as a gunfighter! Three Cut went through several rounds of the shoot-off as well and showed the Top 16 cowboys a thing or two.

Excellent match! Great props and very well written stages. Many thanks to all those who worked so hard to bring this off. I had a really good time with some old friends and making some new friends.

I was particularly pleased to meet Widder in person after so many phone calls and emails. Glad we got some time to sit and chat. Happy you made it home safe, hope to see you again soon.

We have been attending this match for seven years now and I think this was the best one yet. I am not saying the others were bad because they were not. The North Carolina Cowboys have been putting on one of the best state matches in the whole Southeast USA for years.

Thanks to R. J., Aspen and Slim, Penelope and Huckleberry, Doc Perry, The Cotton Clan, Ktown, Capt. Jeb, High Noon Henry, Dingo and Sallie, and all the others who made the weekend so much fun. The stages were great, the weather was almost great, The banquet was great, posse 8 was outstanding but the people were the best.

Let's do it again next year.

Lucky

I haven't shot that match in a few years and had the chance to shoot it this year. The stages were at a level that you would expect to find at a state match, good mixture of target size and type and distance. The props were really great, you could tell that a lot of thought and effort had been put into them. The banquet was quite unlike any other state match banquet that I've been to....almost like a western side show with various types of entertainment complete with poker tables as well. I didn't know that Cowboy Junky was a "ring master." ;):D:lol:

Everything seemed to run pretty smooth as far as I could tell, the match plan was thought out and well executed. Many thanks to all of the hard working people that planned and put on the match; a job well done.

Kajun

Good match indeed. And I had a wonderful time shooting with my inspirational friend, Widder. Along with other great pards, Shamrock Sadie, Knot Hardly Dunn, Krazy Kajun and many others.

And, many others?.... I thought I was harder to forget...😘😘😘 The props, the stages, the EVERYTHING was GREAT!! We had so much fun! Thanks to everyone who worked SO HARD! Even the Hampton Inn employees were wearing bandanas and badges! Already told the committee that we'd sponsor again next year!

anybody have a link to the scores?

Does anybody know "if" or "where" the scores are posted?

Lucky

I just uploaded Aerial Videos of the Stages and the Range on YouTube. I will try to post more later. Please excuse some of the rapid movements, I'm still new at the aerial photography and controlling the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Yep, I got a drone.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZQCxSdYVG-kgDha7_4HR6g

Hopefully, the Scores will be posted soon.

thanks everyone, it was our pleasure!!!...

as henry said, scores posted...his ariel videos are REALLY cool (shows hon nice a facility we have for the match), and i will post up here in next couple days link to photos i shot (and awards photos)....

Hope all can come back next year and bring a friend (or 10)...lol.. i will also try to get a better reservation on the weather!!

again, thanks for the complements, as crazy kajun said "if folks smile when they leave the berm, all is good :)

Wow. 1st and 2nd Overall tied with 22 rank points each! Less than 1 second difference Total Time!

Congrats the Red River Ray on winning the State Title and to Christian Mortician for edging him out for the Overall Win!

Congrats to Sixgun Sallie for taking both the Ladies State Title and the Top Lady Overall!

Stan

I second K-Town's response.

We had a great time putting together the match this year and have a great team. Thanks to everyone that helped us and to everyone that came to participate.

I'm already looking forward to next year!!

Also note for Top Gun Shoot off....instead of a pistol reload....we'll use a sling shot!

the look on christian's face sunday morning "knowing how close the match was" was priceless!!!

we had fun, maybe the cracker crew might venture up to NC next year ??? ...

we are working on changing the date to a MUCH cooler time, later of the year for 2017...

june is/was "hot".....

My profound apologies, Scarlett. I could never forget you (or Tommy). So proud of you, my Gunfighter compadre! And speaking of Gunfighters, my heartiest congratulations to Cody Maverick, who came in 4th overall, and to Cripple Creek Kid, for showing us all what Gunfighters can do. May I acquire skills more like theirs in the years ahead.

the look on christian's face sunday morning "knowing how close the match was" was priceless!!!

we had fun, maybe the cracker crew might venture up to NC next year ??? ...

we are working on changing the date to a MUCH cooler time, later of the year for 2017...

june is/was "hot".....

I would love to make it up there!

Stan

Me and Whiskey Mac made our 3rd "world-wind" trip to the match. Leave Friday early, shoot Friday PM,

shoot Sat. AM, home by 5PM. Would like to do the whole weekend but normally cannot. Get to shoot

the match and hang out some. We hate to miss it cause it is always a good match. THanks to all

who put it on. Will be back next year.

Yellowboy

We will posting photo's in the coming weeks to our website

http://www.sassncmatch.org/

Keep a check for photos from the match, banquet, awards, etc....

Also visit the FaceBook Group page....Uprising at Swearing Creek, where many are posting their photo's and videos.

Archived