SASS Wire Forum

Reloading quantity

Jess Money

Loaded right (and about average):

.45 ACP=2500, .45 Colt = 600, C.45S = 200, .44 Mag = 500, .44 Sp = 300, .38-40 = 500, .32-20 = 300, 12-gage =400, .32Mag/.38Sp/.357 Mag ( all non CAS) = 1000

I load on single stage presses, about 80/hr for .32-20 and .38/40, about 120/hr for anything else.

I listen to oldie rock and load one evening a week, for about 3 hrs. Very relaxing, unless I am showing someone else how to reload.

I try and load 200-500rds each time at the bench. I use to load more, but kept getting tennis elbow, and even had to have surgery on my wrist. It became inflamed after many reloading sessions where I would try and kick out 1000 at a time. In order to keep up with three of us shooting I reload two to three time a week and find it much less painful.

In the White Months I try and Fill all my Brass ...

Then I load After every second shoot ....

Loaded 250 Black Powder Shotshells this week ...

Need to cast a bunch of 180 gr. bullets for my .38-40 ....

Jabez Cowboy

When possible I try to load out or use up everything when I'm doing my annual reloading it may take a week t'o load for everything. When I'm reloading to have ammo for an event I'll normally load 500 rounds to carry with me. I need to hit the reloader for EOT,haven done the annual reloading in a couple of years been redoing my reloading setups for the past year but it's been slow going.

I probably have 4000 rounds loaded of my match ammo (pistol and rifle are the same). Normally load 1000 at a time, in two to three hours spread over two evenings. The advice about making sure it's a tried and true recipe is a good one. I'm working my way through the remaining 1000 rounds of the 4000 round stockpile I had loaded with CCI primers. Which work fine in all my guns, but I'm switching to Federal primers, and will lighten the hammer springs a tad once I get all the CCI primers shot up. So everything I've loaded since the first of the year (about 3000 rounds) has been Federal primers. I shoot about 500 rds/mo. I have a square deal B press dedicated to this load, a second SDB for 9mm and a third for .45 colt (now set up for C45S.) I don't often change dies. I change presses in an In Line Fabrication stand.

Archived