SASS Wire Forum

Another great Ohio State match!

It's in the books now and if you weren't there, you missed a good one. Twelve stages over Saturday and Sunday, Wild Bunch and side matches Friday, and Monday to travel or rest. The range, already one of the better places to shoot, showed the results of a lot of hard work since last year with upgrades and new stages. A lot of people volunteered a lot of time to help.

The scenarios were neat and challenging and, as always, some new twists and target orders and target placements thrown in. Definitely no sense of "same old-same old" at this match. Mean Gun Mark, Boaz and the "Circus Crew" travel a lot and aren't shy about borrowing (stealing?) good ideas for fresh scenarios. This part of the country is a hotbed of good shooters and a lot of others come a long way to participate. We also lucked out with the weather with the rain holding off each day until the shooting was done.

Congratulations to Missouri Lefty and Sage Chick for their overall wins and all the other winners as well-they had to earn it!

I'm already looking forward to next year.

Special thanks to Mean Gun, Boaz, Buckshot and all the others who make this such a great match.

What Buffy said and along with that....good job keeping the rain away when we were shootin....

KK

Ray L Gun filmed Kaya shooting her fastest stage ever. I wish I could post it because the smile on her face sums up the whole experience for us. Priceless.

I do have to add what an honor it was to have so many folks from the Wire come up and introduce themselves to Kaya and I. I won't list any as I would miss some. But THANK YOU! What a wonderful group of people we have here. It truly is special.

A championship match!!!! Like Winter Range, it offered varied target distances, shapes and arrays.

Thank you toGM, Boaz and all the rest of the crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're some of the very best!!!

btw, scores were posted even before the awards ceremony, but without much reception not many knew it!!!!

This was my first time there and I already can't wait until next year. This shoot has been added to my yearly must go shoots. I had a great time. Thanks to everyone that made it happen.

What a Great weekend! The food, the company, the weather, and shooting.

I came home with some new friends, great memories and a pile of empty brass.

MGM and Boaz and the whole crew, Thank You for the weekend.

by the way Posse 10 rocked.

Great match, great people, great banquet….It's on my list for next year already! :)

thanks everyone for the kind words...Is putting on a match like this a lot of work? Yes, but each year our corral of volunteers gets a bit larger. We do travel a lot and we have learned from a lot of other people what it takes for a big match to run smoothly. And after my first trip to winter range this year , perhaps that was an influence when we set the steel and wrote the stage scenerios. Glad everyone enjoyed it and after a week or so off, we will begin planning shootout #15....But I can almost promise you will see "the gamer" stage and some sort of the barnyard stage again .

yes keep those two stages in some sort of manner!!!

a great match indeed

Ray L Gun filmed Kaya shooting her fastest stage ever. I wish I could post it because the smile on her face sums up the whole experience for us. Priceless.

I do have to add what an honor it was to have so many folks from the Wire come up and introduce themselves to Kaya and I. I won't list any as I would miss some. But THANK YOU! What a wonderful group of people we have here. It truly is special.

It was pretty awesome. You may be able to post it through photobucket or some other online source.

And yes, I will shoot with you Hoosiers anytime you'll have me!

If I can only make it to one match per year (I hope that isn't the case next year), this is the one I want to attend.

I have to throw in my two cents!

I absolutely love this match! This year I got to shoot on Straight Arrow Hombre's Posse with the Michigan/Indiana shooters!

What a great, great group of people. I had met Deuce, and Straight Arrow last year and had met Mingo previously but everyone made us feel right at home!

Short of a few Ohio jokes (cough cough Straight Arrow) everyone treated us as one of their own! We greatly appreciated that.

This was our 2nd year now shooting the Ohio State match. The nerves were gone this year and I was able to shoot a pretty smooth match and had a nice 3rd place finish in Gunfighter! My Dad, Moosetracks, even though he couldn't shoot really enjoyed the weekend as well!

Running a club myself I have a feel for what it takes to run a multi-day match. MGM and Boaz and their crew do an amazing job! Folks get out and join us next year! There was almost 200 shooters this year!

Loved the stages! Loved the target placement, etc. Seemed like a little bit of everything! Really can't wait til next year! Oh and loved those Roast Beef Sandwiches!!

The biggest thing I take away from this match is being in the Championship Environment. Being around some of the biggest names in the sport and being able to shoot right beside them... seriously what other sport can you do that!! Was able to meet some folks I have only talked to on the Wire and Facebook. Namely, Slipnoose (really made the weekend for me finally meeting her), Short Term Emory, Ray L Gun, CC Top, Korupt Karl...

Also being able to meet and see some of the Great Young Shooters in SASS, Missouri Lefty, Vaquero Jake, Long Shot Seth, Skeeter Lee, Choctaw Kid, Little Red Sure Shot, Mini Doc, etc. We are very fortunate to have so many great young people in this area!

Thank you to everyone for a great weekend! Buckaroo Bubba

Thanks to Mean Gun Mark, Boaz, & all the Miami Cowboys crew for another fine match.

Had a great time & plan on coming back next year.

--Dawg

What everyone else said! This is one of the premier matches at one of the premier ranges in this great nation! I could not be more proud to call this my home club! Mean Gun and Boaz have out done themselves again! Heading up a crew of hard workin folks like Big Oz to make this already awesome range into a world class range and match! The food, the karaoke and the awards and match management all worked together to make this one of the best matches I have ever shot! Please do yourselves a favor, if you have never been to this shoot, or have not been to it in a number of years, come to it next year!

Hey Buffy!

I got a BADGE FOR YOU!!! :P:D

KCD

Way to kick a guy when he's down. :( My orthopedic guy confirmed yesterday that I have a torn rotator cuff. I'm going to begin physical therapy soon to help finish out the year but the doctor said it won't fix itself. We'll be making a decision in September about surgery but if I have to have it, I can wait until the end of the shooting season. In the meantime you can beat up on me.

Are you going to ask about my sister's swimming lessons next?

Archived