SASS Wire Forum

A big heart felt thank you to Calico Mary!

Calico has donated 4 quilts the last two years to the ohio state match over the past 2 years and has been responsible for at least $2500 being raised for cancer research

those are 4 HANDMADE quilts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and very nice ones!!!

Thank you thank you thank you

I stand corrected 6 HANDMADE QUILTS!!!!!! over 3 years!!!!

That's pretty cool, Calico Mary. You've got a huge heart.

Actually, over the past three years it's been 6 quilts....but who's countin'?? :P

The thanks belongs to other folks than me....Doc Eells and Korupt Karl for starting the cancer fundraiser in tha first place, and for allowing me to donate those quilts....and especially the folks that were willin' ta bid their money on em.....Honey Bunny and Ironmaiden have both gotten two quilts, those two ladies are really sumthin' special!! Michigan Slim was very sweet to offer to accept the quilts by mail and deliver them to the match this year since I couldn't do it myself....and of course I still do very much appreciate the warm welcome and friendliness of all the folks at the two matches we did get to attend...you've all made this ole Colorado cowgirl VERY happy!!!! Luv all yu folks!!!!! :wub::wub: :wub:

We missed you Calico Mary! The quilts were awesome! Great great thing you do for the fund raiser! Hope to see you next year!

Mary; A lot like our phone call right after the auction....we were both crying and it's difficult to find the right words. When I first saw the embroidery of "In Memory of Kay", prior to the auction, It was extremely emotional and I want to thank you first and foremost for honoring my wife and secondly for your support for cancer research.

Kay was devoted to a personal charity called Carriage House which works with adults who have suffered trama and it helps them get back into society and lead a normal life. The quilt will be put on dispolay on a wall there as a constant reminder to all of her love of life and her support of those who were in need.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart....and as a fellow Jedi, may the force be with you.

KK

May the force be with you too Karl.....and I'm still crying....but with a grin on my face ear ta ear!!!! Carriage House sounds like an awesome way of helping those in need, and I am so honored to have that quilt displayed there....I couldn't have asked for a better use for it!! ;)

Archived