SASS Wire Forum

Clean Match

Attica Jack  #23953

I shoot a clean match about once every three years or so. Last week I shot a clean match, and beat my shooting partner. Even though we shoot different categories we still have a friendly competition going on. I even had them read the scores twice after the match. When the official scores were posted...they gave me a miss, which put me behind my partner. I know I shot a clean match, but posted scores are posted scores. I have to believe that a clean match is overrated. Attica Jack

I would ask them to recheck the score sheets. I have entered scores for many matches, mistakes happen. It is possible someone entered a 1 instead of a 0, does not hurt to check. I was always glad to recheck scores and happy for the shooter when I found they were right and the information entered was in error.

Hmmm... did your shooting pardner pay more than you did? Not say 'e did... but maybe your bribe wasn't acceptable for some reason... Just sayin', that's 'bout the onliest way I'd get a clean match!!!

Hmmm... did your shooting pardner pay more than you did? Not say 'e did... but maybe your bribe wasn't acceptable for some reason... Just sayin', that's 'bout the onliest way I'd get a clean match!!!

Wait a minute griff, I saw you shoot'n wild bunch Saturday and I remember you being clean right up until.......oops never mind Dusty

Wait a minute griff, I saw you shoot'n wild bunch Saturday and I remember you being clean right up until.......oops never mind Dusty

:P:D:D

Can someone explain to me what this clean match thing is? I've heard of it, but always thought is was a myth. Even when I shoot a stage clean, spotters always say "no misses, but far from clean". I guess it has something to do with all of the smoke I tend to leave behind

Archived