SASS Wire Forum

Anchorage and surrounding area clubs

Hurricane Deck 100366

I've checked the affiliated clubs list didn't see any affiliated clubs in the Anchorage area.

SURELY there is a cowboy action club in the Anchorage area - right?

If anyone knows of a club and has links to websites, please fill me in!

The Alaska 49ers, as Sedalia Dave pointed out, is in the Anchorage/Mat-Su area.

We shoot at Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park in the summer and Mat-Valley Sportsman indoor range in the winter.

We also host an annual Territorial shoot "Shootout under the Midnight Sun" the first full weekend of July. Usually over the 4th holiday.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me at the e-mail and phone numbers listed on the web site, www.alaskacowboyshooting.com

Marshal Stone

TG Alaska 49ers'

Silver Tip;

By all means stop by. Don't know if you're coming from Anch. or Palmer area. Anyway take the North Birchwood exit. Turn towards the inlet (not the mountain). Travel approx. 2 miles Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park will be on your

right. Once you turn into the range you will see our big tent and a fort on your left.

We start shooting at 9am. We will be having our dinner and side match awards starting at 5PM. on the 2nd.

If you can make dinner it's on me.

See ya in July.

Marshal Stone

Thank you Marshall, I'll peruse the link you provided.

Hurricane Deck;

In looking at the google map that is on the SASS web site I can see your confusion about nothing in Anch. area.

Were they have it marked you would be in the middle of the Chugiach Mountains. I sent something to google so maybe they will fix it.

We are actually about half way between Anch. and Palmer on the Glenn Highway. The range we use in the summer is called Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park.

Hope you come visit us sometime.

Marshal Stone

Archived