SASS Wire Forum

think i set a new record.

evil dogooder

For most misses in a single day shoot.

Had a blast but a really rough day. Re engaged shotgun 5 times jacked out a rifle round 3 times. 16 misses. But got to shoot with my wife and good friends old and new.

Love the sport. Good family fun.

Besides where else can you get 80 seconds in misses and still get in the top 15 :) the only down side of the day was i had to hand out my first sdq as a To. That stinks

5 times? ON the same shotgun target? I will admit to 3 or 4, but don't know that I've ever gone 5. :D

I had far too many misses and a couple of makeups today as well, but sure had a ton of fun.

no no, more coffee!!!! not sure how many misses I had today, but then I did shoot twice all day.... some of it was pretty ugly too!!!

Only 16 misses? The wheels completely left my wagon two weeks ago at our monthly match. I had 22 misses AND a P.(that's 120 penalty seconds.). My excuses: no coffee, a locked rifle, BP, and very little breeze. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!. At the awards presentation, our sympathetic match director recognized my stellar performance by awarding me our club's coveted Drover trophy. That trophy entitles the recipient to create any story that he/she can sell.. Unfortunately, the witnesses aren't buying ! ..

Only 16 misses? The wheels completely left my wagon two weeks ago at our monthly match. I had 22 misses AND a P.(that's 120 penalty seconds.). My excuses: no coffee, a locked rifle, BP, and very little breeze. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!. At the awards presentation, our sympathetic match director recognized my stellar performance by awarding me our club's coveted Drover trophy. That trophy entitles the recipient to create any story that he/she can sell.. Unfortunately, the witnesses aren't buying ! ..

Hey that's the way I shoot all the time. That's not normal??

Too bad Mary got here first. I was going to tell my tale of woe about 14 misses. However, Mary, was that for the whole match or just one stage? I still might be able to top that if yours was for the match.

At a match once, at Chabot an OWSS club, I missed 14 on one stage. I felt pretty bad until another lady on my posse missed 16 on the same stage. I had an even bigger surprise in store at awards. I was top lady and Hubby was top man. That has only happened one time and it was at the most difficult match I've ever shot.

Evil Dogooder, Thanks, this thread made my day!

Driving home from yesterday's match I was trying to figure it all out but came up with no answers. Last Sunday in a neighboring town match I was well on my way to my FIRST clean match until I missed one pistol shot in the fifth stage then another in the sixth so would up with 4 clean stages and two misses......... pretty happy with myself!

Yesterday I thought...... THIS IS THE DAY, I'm gonna have a clean match! :) NOT EVEN CLOSE! :( I couldn't shoot under a 40 second stage to save my life, I didn't have one single clean stage, took all six shotgun shells to get four targets knocked over in one stage, missed with my rifle in another stage, something I haven't done since the first couple matches and pistol shots were everywhere! Now I'm not a fast shooter so I wasn't really upset about the speed but all the misses............ I just couldn't figure out what was going on.

After reading some of the posts above I realized that I lost sight of what the REAL objective is, which I achieved at both matches and that was having fun with friends regardless of my performance scores. Now I can happily reload all those rounds I shot yesterday knowing it wasn't just wasted time! ;)

5 times? ON the same shotgun target? I will admit to 3 or 4, but don't know that I've ever gone 5. :D

I had far too many misses and a couple of makeups today as well, but sure had a ton of fun.

Grizz they were on different stages... If i shot at the same shotgun target that many times id hang up my guns! Had a brain fart on one stage lost track of how i was going to game the round count stage.

I was at like 5 seconds after the rifle with a miss so since the stage was shot already i shot most of the pistol from the hip. Literally the butts of my pistols were within touching distance of my holsters

Evil Dogooder, Thanks, this thread made my day!

Driving home from yesterday's match I was trying to figure it all out but came up with no answers. Last Sunday in a neighboring town match I was well on my way to my FIRST clean match until I missed one pistol shot in the fifth stage then another in the sixth so would up with 4 clean stages and two misses......... pretty happy with myself!

Yesterday I thought...... THIS IS THE DAY, I'm gonna have a clean match! :) NOT EVEN CLOSE! :( I couldn't shoot under a 40 second stage to save my life, I didn't have one single clean stage, took all six shotgun shells to get four targets knocked over in one stage, missed with my rifle in another stage, something I haven't done since the first couple matches and pistol shots were everywhere! Now I'm not a fast shooter so I wasn't really upset about the speed but all the misses............ I just couldn't figure out what was going on.

After reading some of the posts above I realized that I lost sight of what the REAL objective is, which I achieved at both matches and that was having fun with friends regardless of my performance scores. Now I can happily reload all those rounds I shot yesterday knowing it wasn't just wasted time! ;)

Well I've never shot a match clean. Probably never will either. This is a stress reliever for my job. I'll never get too serious about it. Every once in a while i try harder to concentrate or not joke as much but that is normally when im trying to prove a point to somebody.

For most misses in a single day shoot.

Had a blast but a really rough day. Re engaged shotgun 5 times jacked out a rifle round 3 times. 16 misses. But got to shoot with my wife and good friends old and new.

Love the sport. Good family fun.

Besides where else can you get 80 seconds in misses and still get in the top 15 :) the only down side of the day was i had to hand out my first sdq as a To. That stinks

Didn't realize OP was limiting misses to Cowboy. Thought this was about misses and still having fun. Sounds like ya got something stuck in yer craw and yer trying to take it out on other people. kR

Archived