SASS Wire Forum

New Pietta Replica - Captain Schaeffer's 1851 Navy Colt

John Boy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My four Pietta Marshals are Laser Engraved and they look really good. I also have a pair of Pietta 1860s that are laser engraved, but the engraving tends to disappear in the Color Case Hardening. On the 1860s it's also just a little shallow but still really nice. I'm currently considering converting those 1860s to cartridge with Kurst Konverters (gated) and Kurst Ejector assemblies. Only thing holding up the project is the laser engraving. The cartridge channel will cut right through a bunch of it on the right side. I also have a set of 1860s that aren't engraved that just may get converted. Decisions Decisions Decisions Decisions. Well heck and all that.

Coffinmaker

I wouldn't have this conundrum if I hadn't seen Rbertolato's guns so nicely presented. I'm suffering severe HACKSAW DEPRAVATION!

UPS just delivered mine. They are beautiful, even better than I expected. I posted pictures on Facebook. If I figure out how I'll post here also. Took the pictures14095810_1199407323413512_42229987529682with my phone now have to get them transferred to computer, unless there is a way to post on this wire from my phone.14079808_1199407390080172_56589451921886

Edited by Barrelhouse Bob, SASS#22663

UPS just delivered mine. They are beautiful, even better than I expected. I posted pictures on Facebook. If I figure out how I'll post here also. Took the pictures with my phone now have to get them transferred to computer, unless there is a way to post on this wire from my phone.

Open your FB page - click on your picture - right click your picture - COPY IMAGE

Then come back to the Wire - right click in the reply box - PASTE

Rolled down the hill to there place...It's about 4 miles away...There was three left now there is one...

Texas Lizard

Ya can thank me later, I passed when they called me... had my eye on a new-to-me mdl 94... Might have to re-think that at a later date... will someone let me know if they have flat or coil hand springs.

Griff,

Flat Hand Springs. However, Pietta has redesigned their Hand Spring. Strange looking thing, made of much sterner stuff than their old

flat hand spring. I tried popping one of the new ones off before I realized I might not have too. Turn'd out to be a real bugger to try and snap off. Took real "work." I suspect it to be nearly bullet proof. When inserted in the hand channel there is ZERO compression on the Spring. Needs to be polished at the contact point and d-burred. Bout it.

I don't actually intend to change out mine (Schaeffers) to coil and plunger. Gonna run the OEM flats.

Coffinmaker

Griff,

Flat Hand Springs. However, Pietta has redesigned their Hand Spring. Strange looking thing, made of much sterner stuff than their old

flat hand spring. I tried popping one of the new ones off before I realized I might not have too. Turn'd out to be a real bugger to try and snap off. Took real "work." I suspect it to be nearly bullet proof. When inserted in the hand channel there is ZERO compression on the Spring. Needs to be polished at the contact point and d-burred. Bout it.

I don't actually intend to change out mine (Schaeffers) to coil and plunger. Gonna run the OEM flats.

Coffinmaker

Thanks...

Ya can thank me later, I passed when they called me... had my eye on a new-to-me mdl 94... Might have to re-think that at a later date... will someone let me know if they have flat or coil hand springs.

Thank you now...Problem with them so close, it is easy to buy from...Too easy...

TL

I am getting tired of threads like this. As if I don't have enough guns on my wish list. Seriously, those are some really great looking guns. Now I wish I had ordered a set. I am going to have to look into getting on the next list if they are old sold out already.

I am getting tired of threads like this. As if I don't have enough guns on my wish list. Seriously, those are some really great looking guns. Now I wish I had ordered a set. I am going to have to look into getting on the next list if they are old sold out already.

I left one yesterday...They say that they ordering some more...

TL

I called up EMF and got on the list for the next run. The lady told me that there will be 100 and they already sold out of the first run of 60. I'm number 11 I think on the list for the next 40

$395+ shipping per gun. I think shipping was $25.

Thanks for that. It seems a pretty darn good price to me.

Does Oakland allow you to have one or two??

TL

What?

I know that state allows us to have them, but was unsure if Oakland had any different rules or laws...

TL

Giving you a bad time....

Ah gotcha. Well I sure hope so since I have quite a few. I don't know of any restrictions that Oakland has that supersedes the state. I get cap guns delivered straight to my door.

Ah gotcha. Well I sure hope so since I have quite a few. I don't know of any restrictions that Oakland has that supersedes the state. I get cap guns delivered straight to my door.

I get them delivered too...But EMF is down the street...Need to go threw and see what to find new homes for...These new one looking real nice and should be interesting to shoot....Not sure about 36 caliber, seems small...They are for fun...

TL