SASS Wire Forum

Need some help with A.C.E.S. scoring

When using ACES scoring system, it automatically gives a MDQ to someone who gets a DNF on two or more stages. Then in the results all of the shooters scores are deleted and only the MDQ shows up.

Is there a way to set up the scoring so that the shooters stage scores, including the DNF's show up in the results?

We frequently have shooters who can't finish some of the stages either because they had to leave early or had some physical reason (such as recovering from a stroke) that they couldn't finish a stage.

These folks don't really care about match placement. They just want to be able to see how they did on stages they did complete. And they don't like the perceived stigma of having a MDQ in the record when they didn't commit any infraction.

Never thought of this but I often shoot just a couple of stages then hang out or head home depending on how tired I am. I try to support my local clubs by at least getting geared up and showing up. Sometimes I pay match fee and don't shoot. I can never repay what SASS and my clubs have given me in friends and fellowship. But on the otherhand I never thought ACEs might be making me look like the most reckless cowboy to ever step up to the line. Oh well....lol..still having a blast....Jim

Thanks! I was hoping for some hidden setting that I didn't know about, but I'll work with what's available. The artificial score is a workable option.

Another option, is to simply do nothing, if the shooter does not complete all the stages, the shooter will be displayed at the bottom of the all the reports with dashes for the uncompleted stages, and the stage times and associated penalty for those stages that were completed. Then when the reports generated from aces are distributed the shooter that did not complete the match can still see their times for those stages that were completed.

F.S.

SDQ or DNF penalty is different for RP & TT matches. Enter the appropriate time if you want final results to reflect their standing.

CR

Flying Shootist, I kind of like that option. Doing nothing is one of the things that I do best! That would just leave the scores unfinished as far as ACES was concerned. I'll try it next time.

Archived