SASS Wire Forum

NRA Endorses Trump

Just this afternoon, the NRA endorsed Trump. Seldom has the NRA endorsed so early. Example, they didn't endorse Romney until October!

I urge SASS members to get involved and support the Republican nominee else we WILL have Hillary...bank on it.

http://email.foxnews.com/t?r=5&c=45493&l=35&ctl=8BAEE:A18CBCBAB2ECA69E698D68737E82600E&

Howdy,

See my signature last line?

I like Trump for one simple reason. He has made money in the face of

all the government regulation and taxes and fees.

Most everyone else is a career politician, something our founding fathers never envisioned.

I would prefer people bring real life experience to office later in life.

I hate the term taxpayer and the term federal money.

Best

CR

The ONLY thing Hillary Rodham Clinton should run for is.........................

THE BORDER!!!

Proverbs 16:5

Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

I believe I will sit this election out.

Proverbs 16:5

Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

I believe I will sit this election out.

All evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing!!

Not much from which to choose this election. But we KNOW who hates the 2nd A...

All evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing!!

17And Moses' father in law said unto him, The thing that thou doest is not good. 18Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee: for this thing is too heavy for thee; thou art not able to perform it thyself alone. 19Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God: 20And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do. 21Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens: 22And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee. 23If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.

I'll hold my nose and vote for Trump. If Hitlery is elected she will launch an assault on guns and gun owners like we've never seen before. If that happens there may no only one method to protect our rights, all of them.

I'm not particularly worried about the 2nd Amendment. I've been involved in a conversation on another board with someone who "refuses to believe" that the 2A can't or won't be amended or repealed. He cites gay marriage as an example of changing popular opinion. This was my answer to him:

I would suggest there's a substantial difference between extending Constitutional protections and repealing portions of the Bill of Rights (removing protections seen as fundamental since the beginning). Further, the rights enumerated in the BoR are seen as beyond the power of the legislature to regulate. As the Bill's Preamble states, the purpose of explicitly stating these rights is "to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its (the government's) powers."

In practical terms, please describe why and how you think a proposed repeal of the 2nd Amendment would survive each stage of the amendment process in the foreseeable future.

For anyone interested, an amendment to the US Constitution, the only way the 2nd Amendment could be changed or repealed, must first be approved by a 2/3 vote of each house of Congress; and then must be ratified by 3/4 of the 50 State legislatures, each according to it's own ratification process. IOW, a proposed amendment must survive, unaltered, *at least* 39 separate votes (house, senate, 37 states). What's more, by *customary* usage, these 39 votes must occur within two years (this two-year limit was used to kill the Equal Rights Amendment).

Judging by current attitudes, this is almost impossible. The 11 official states of the old Confederacy are strong pro-gun states, and presumably would vote against Arty's amendment. That means it would have to survive 37 of the remaining 39 State votes. There are only seven States that currently could be expected to pass it: New Jersey, New York, California, Illinois, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii. All other States, at most, stand a 50-50 chance (although in reality the rest of the states currently favor gun ownership).

Therefore, there is no material reason for thinking the 2nd Amendment will be repealed or amended in the foreseeable future. Any claim to the contrary is wishful thinking based on fantasy.

You all do what you think best. But not voting is a vote for Clinton. May I add no more career politicians. They got us where we are today. At least in this election

I'm not particularly worried about the 2nd Amendment. I've been involved in a conversation on another board with someone who "refuses to believe" that the 2A can't or won't be amended or repealed. He cites gay marriage as an example of changing popular opinion. This was my answer to him:

I would suggest there's a substantial difference between extending Constitutional protections and repealing portions of the Bill of Rights (removing protections seen as fundamental since the beginning). Further, the rights enumerated in the BoR are seen as beyond the power of the legislature to regulate. As the Bill's Preamble states, the purpose of explicitly stating these rights is "to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its (the government's) powers."

In practical terms, please describe why and how you think a proposed repeal of the 2nd Amendment would survive each stage of the amendment process in the foreseeable future.

For anyone interested, an amendment to the US Constitution, the only way the 2nd Amendment could be changed or repealed, must first be approved by a 2/3 vote of each house of Congress; and then must be ratified by 3/4 of the 50 State legislatures, each according to it's own ratification process. IOW, a proposed amendment must survive, unaltered, *at least* 39 separate votes (house, senate, 37 states). What's more, by *customary* usage, these 39 votes must occur within two years (this two-year limit was used to kill the Equal Rights Amendment).

Judging by current attitudes, this is almost impossible. The 11 official states of the old Confederacy are strong pro-gun states, and presumably would vote against Arty's amendment. That means it would have to survive 37 of the remaining 39 State votes. There are only seven States that currently could be expected to pass it: New Jersey, New York, California, Illinois, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii. All other States, at most, stand a 50-50 chance (although in reality the rest of the states currently favor gun ownership).

Therefore, there is no material reason for thinking the 2nd Amendment will be repealed or amended in the foreseeable future. Any claim to the contrary is wishful thinking based on fantasy.

I'm not saying that the 2nd amendment will ever be repealed. What I fear is the SCOTUS judges that she'll put in place will make the 2nd amendment useless because of their judicial activism. Can you imagine three more liberal judges put on the Supreme Court? The ones there now haven't shown that they are very apt to support our 2nd amendment rights. Should the court majority become heavily weighted to the left, which will happen because the senate will cave and give her what she wants, gun rights in my opinion will evaporate because the court will not have the votes to protect them. She has already hinted that she'd nominate Obama to serve on the Supreme Court, that's a vote against the 2nd amendment issues everytime they come before the court, add that to the other liberal votes on the court and they have a majority everytime. So IMHO it doesn't have to be repealed or amended to gut it.

I've tried to research Obama and gun control, but it's almost impossible to separate truth from rumor. This started before the 2008 election when the wildest stories were taken as gospel, including by many right here. Remember how the UN was going to send in troops to occupy the US and disarm the population? Well now, it seems, the UN has ordered that its troops summarily execute any Americans who refuse to disarm. Frankly, I can't separate the facts from the horseshit. And I can already hear more than one person here saying that's part of "their" plan, to disguise their attacks.

Yes, there are people out there that want to get rid of guns or to at least heavily restrict them, but I look at a lot of the pro-gun rhetoric and have to wonder why so many of us go out of our way to look as insane as they say we are.

Logic dictates that if us pro civil rights (2nd Amendment) people were as violent as they make us out to me, there wouldn't be any anti gun people left.

TRUMP 2016.

As far as those who use scripture to not vote for the guy, hate to say it but,....the good Lord has used ungodly people to carry out His plan a number of times ...don't know Trump's heart toward God, but he is the best option against Hillary-the-corrupt.

Aside from the NRA endorsement Trump vows to protect our religious freedom.....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

• 2 weeks later...

TRUMP 2016.

As far as those who use scripture to not vote for the guy, hate to say it but,....the good Lord has used ungodly people to carry out His plan a number of times ...don't know Trump's heart toward God, but he is the best option against Hillary-the-corrupt.

Aside from the NRA endorsement Trump vows to protect our religious freedom.....

OK so I won't .....Trump is a blowhard that plays on peoples emotions. Sucks folks in by stating what people want to hear whether or not he plans to carry out what he says he will do or not. There is an escape clause to everything he says. Everything he does or says is a matter of convenience. None of you here are of any consequence to this man.

Big deal, so I won't vote for a either of the two liars. I will vote on local issues, but could care less about choosing the lesser of the evils. You folks are the one compromising. Not me. Trading one bad for another...please.....

OK so I won't .....Trump is a blowhard that plays on peoples emotions. Sucks folks in by stating what people want to hear whether or not he plans to carry out what he says he will do or not. There is an escape clause to everything he says. Everything he does or says is a matter of convenience. None of you here are of any consequence to this man.

Big deal, so I won't vote for a either of the two liars. I will vote on local issues, but could care less about choosing the lesser of the evils. You folks are the one compromising. Not me. Trading one bad for another...please.....

Hogwash :angry: . Thanks for supporting Hillary Clinton - be proud of yourself. FACT is it's either him or Hillary....I'll take my chances with the Donald just for his vow to appoint conservative SCOTUS justices and his support of our 2nd-Amendment.

Good day sir!

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/press-releases/2016/06/christian-leadership-meets-with-donald-trump/

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that there would be a vote among the States to repeal the 2nd Amendment. What there could very well be is a reinterpretation by the Supreme Court as to what "a well regulated militia" means...

or...

There could be actions by the legislature to put in place onerous laws (like California) to not repeal the 2nd Amendment, but to make it toothless.

or...

How about like Seattle....50 cents per round tax, add to that a background check...

We need to carefully vote for our local candidates, we can't afford to lose the House or Senate... we can't afford to lose our State Legislators, and judges!

But most important, we need to vote for POTUS. The next one will be replacing 3 for sure and probably more... We may well not recognize our country after they get through.

I thought long about it, and it seems to me that all who don't vote, will just be failing to counter a vote for Hillary... meaning it is a vote for her, regardless of the good intentions,

Continue to write, call, e-mail, smoke-signal your State and Federal legislators!!! I call and I get put on hold and some flunky says they'll forward my concerns... yeah right... But continue to do it anyway!

Some folks thought Ronald Reagan a blowhard also. Think where we'd be had he not been elected. I'm not a Donald fan either but another Clinton as POTUS ought to strike fear into the hearts of everyone who cherishes freedom and all that goes with it. If you want to see what happens when the entire government and court system becomes so far left that there is no way to bring it back come to Commiefornia. The libs have stacked the voter roles with so many dependent on government handouts that conservatism doesn't have a prayer. Millions are on the government dole and continue to work as gardeners and housekeepers and other jobs for cash not paying a dime in taxes. Do you want to see more migrants flood the country with minimal vetting? Hillary has stated that that's what she'll do.

I don't particularly care for the idea of voting for Trump.....but I MUST vote against Hillary....if that means making a mark next to Trump's name then so be it.....if she gets elected I fear the country I love so much will cease to exist as it was meant to.....

It has been sliding ever since Reagan left office. :(

Just started sliding a lot faster since November 2008.

But I digress. Who else was the NRA going to endorse this election?

It has been sliding ever since Reagan left office. :(

Just started sliding a lot faster since November 2008.

But I digress. Who else was the NRA going to endorse this election?

Probably Cruz.

Probably Cruz.

Sure, if he'd made it to the nomination.

I wish he had. I think he would absolutely dominate the opposition in the debates.

Sure, if he'd made it to the nomination.

I wish he had. I think he would absolutely dominate the opposition in the debates.

Obviously, you simply asked "Who else was the NRA going to endorse this election?" and I gave what I thought was the best answer.

Archived