SASS Wire Forum

How 'bout a What If

Barry Sloe

This came up as a discussion topic this past weekend.

What if I'm signed up as a FC shooter but I inadvertently load/shoot some smokeless rounds. Would that be a "P" for shooting out of category? Would there be any penalty for the targets hit with the incorrect ammunition?

Thanks,

Barry Sloe

ROI-pg32

You are correct.

No penalty for ammo part of your question.

Next possible question would be; could you (if shooter wanted to) change category at that point to age base smokeless to avoid the penalty? I think you can but am not sure on that one.

This came up as a discussion topic this past weekend.

What if I'm signed up as a FC shooter but I inadvertently load/shoot some smokeless rounds.

Would that be a "P" for shooting out of category?

YES...the first time...progressive penalty to SDQ for the next stage...MDQ for a 3rd time.

Would there be any penalty for the targets hit with the incorrect ammunition?

NO.

Thanks,

Barry Sloe

If the violation was on the very first stage of the match, changing category should be an option if no BP ammo was available for the remainder of the match.

However, the first "P" would stand.

I ain't done that but I have had a Smokie round end up in my gun while shooting as Senior Duelist ....

Surprised both shooter and TO...

Jabez Cowboy

It's a surprise when one week you shoot FC, and the next week you shoot Senior and find a 12ga B.P. in one shot. Whooo, where that come from. :lol:

Thanks for the replies. I knew about the progressive P penalty, just wasn't sure about potential misses.

Oh, if you want to see WIDE eyes, the better half and I usually share a cart. One day she reached in to reload her shotgun belt and grabbed a couple BP out of my box. Surprise! She now keeps hers in a coffee can.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Barry Sloe

Archived