SASS Wire Forum

Somebody's Prayin, I Can Feel It. (Re: Jim No Horse, aka Tusco Horse, aka Chemo Sabe, aka Honorary JEDI #222)

Del Rio Pete

Doc is going to read the MRI they did Friday night, Monday morning. Trying to determine if it is a Lymphoma behind my eye or whether the lung cancer has metastasized into the eye socket. Lymphoma can be treated this lung cancer cannot. Any way it should be a decisive week one way or another! Doctor plans to operate on Tuesday at 1:45. God bless you all, please keep us in your prayers....Jim

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You hang in there JNH

You've got folks thinking good thoughts & praying for you spread all across this country.

Good Luck & God Bless

--Dawg

Sorry to post late. The link your friends sent by email did not work for me. I prayed for you this morning. That link should work. Wishing and praying for recovery., so you can tell us another story....

God bless ya Jim. I have always believed, Mom told me so, that God will not lay any burdens on you that you can't handle. That being said, you are one of the strongest men I have ever met. Keep you faith strong Jim, there are a lot of people praying with you.

JNH told me Saturday that he is going to win whichever way it works out. He has a tremendous faith that is carrying him through this. I'm praying that they are able to treat the eye. I'm also praying for Karen No Horse to keep her sprits up as Jim goes through the treatment process.

Good news on the MRI front... the growth behind the right eye does not look like metastasis. The hollow in my right cheek sinus does not look like lung cancer either. That is a giant Yeehaw if they are correct so tomorrow they are doing three biopsies of the eye to find out what kind of growths or tumors I have exactly. While more surgery is going on to be necessary it looks like lung cancer has not spread to my head or eye....Amen!

Been practicing my lines for my eyepatch....Bruce Dern to John Wayne...Big talk for a one eyed fat man! Gotta check on Snake in Escape from New York......Jim

You are too funny!

You'll still be handsome.

We will be praying for you today while you have your eye surgery ar 1:45 pm.

Dear Lord,

Please give Jim strength and comfort today.

Please give the medical staff wisdom to know what they need to do.

Protect him from infections.

We thank you for being with Jim today through this difficult time.

Heal his body and extend his time here with us.

Help him to be free from pain.

We praise you Lord for your goodness to us.

We love you Lord, and thank you for your blessings through our times of trial.

In Jesus' precious name we pray.

Good news on the MRI front... the growth behind the right eye does not look like metastasis. The hollow in my right cheek sinus does not look like lung cancer either. That is a giant Yeehaw if they are correct so tomorrow they are doing three biopsies of the eye to find out what kind of growths or tumors I have exactly. While more surgery is going on to be necessary it looks like lung cancer has not spread to my head or eye....Amen!

great news Jim. Continued prayers.

Hey Jim, I have a loud obnoxious parrot you can have if you wanna go "Pirate".

I can hear the parrot now "Hey Doc, can you cut this bump off my butt"?

Can't wait to take this new category to the Wild Bunch for approval....Pirate with Boon Doggles Parrot sitting on my shoulder...this is gonna be one heck of a story.....Yeehaw Jim

Prayers up at 1345 for JNH and his doctors as they do his procedure. Prayers for Karen as she waits.

Prayers answered no lung cancer in my sinus or eye other tumors found but they can be treated easily according todoctors...I am still in recovery room but I wanted my prayer warrior pals to hear this news..

GOD BLESS AND THANKS for getting me thru this latest scrape....Jim

God has heard us.Praise God.

Prayers answered no lung cancer in my sinus or eye other tumors found but they can be treated easily according todoctors...I am still in recovery room but I wanted my prayer warrior pals to hear this news..

GOD BLESS AND THANKS for getting me thru this latest scrape....Jim

That's great news Horse! Isn't power of prayer incredible! I was fixing to look for a shovel when I saw you Saturday!

Put that shovel aside for a while longer Hoss....I have a new range to help build...Tejas Caballeros gonna be the sharp dressed man in town...I am their weakest link now but their biggest booster....again thanks all for helping me navigate this health nightmare...God bless you all...believers and non believers.....Thanks Jim

Howdy Jim,

Been following your medical treatment and have been amazed at your GRIT. I know many prayers have been offered on your behalf and those close to you have been there in support. May God continue to bless you.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

Good morning, Jim.

Praying for you.

"You Raise Me Up" sung by Selah

When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary

When troubles come, and my heart burdened be

Then, I am still and wait here in the silence

Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains

You raise me up to walk on stormy seas

I am strong when I am on your shoulders

You raise me up to more than I can be

There is no life, no life without its hunger

Each restless heart beats so imperfectly

But then you come, and I am filled with wonder

Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity

Written by Brendan Graham, Rolf Lovland, Rene Oosthuizen

Del Rio...Finally got the pathology reports on the eye and nasal cavity biopsies done during the eye surgery. It was not Lymphoma (Amen) but something that looks like it, called Lymphogenia(sp). This is a cyst of some sort but not cancer. Eye Doctors said to come back in several years. LOL....I will be glad if I can come back in several years.

The only temporary problems are the eye is very swollen where they cut the two corners of the eye opening to push the eye aside to get behind it to get a biopsy from the back and side of the eye. My nasal passage had to be drilled to get a biopsy of the growth in my large

nasal cavity. I am guessing he used a Dewalt drill with a paddle bit from the amount of bloody debris that continues to exit my nose. Both Doctors were excellent and the outcome could not be better. Amen!

Went to my oncologist Thursday and she said my two cancerous sites in my lungs are showing no signs of growth or activity so she recommends no more chemo for the next six weeks. Amen! She is sending me for a brain scan for something she saw on the MRI for the eye surgery...but she told me not to worry,,,,, IT WAS PROBABLY NOTHING...YIKES... Anyway this is great news all around and I continue to count my blessings daily and to thank all who have prayed for me that have given me this extra 19 months of life with my family and my pals.

Prayers that Gods will be done

You sure are going through some tough medical procedures.

One day I'll tell you about the Black & Decker drill a doctor used on a family member.

How do you sterilize a Black & Decker drill? Oh well, they recovered.

Praying for you daily as many others are.

Del Rio...Finally got the pathology reports on the eye and nasal cavity biopsies done during the eye surgery. It was not Lymphoma (Amen) but something that looks like it, called Lymphogenia(sp). This is a cyst of some sort but not cancer. Eye Doctors said to come back in several years. LOL....I will be glad if I can come back in several years.

The only temporary problems are the eye is very swollen where they cut the two corners of the eye opening to push the eye aside to get behind it to get a biopsy from the back and side of the eye. My nasal passage had to be drilled to get a biopsy of the growth in my large

nasal cavity. I am guessing he used a Dewalt drill with a paddle bit from the amount of bloody debris that continues to exit my nose. Both Doctors were excellent and the outcome could not be better. Amen!

Went to my oncologist Thursday and she said my two cancerous sites in my lungs are showing no signs of growth or activity so she recommends no more chemo for the next six weeks. Amen! She is sending me for a brain scan for something she saw on the MRI for the eye surgery...but she told me not to worry,,,,, IT WAS PROBABLY NOTHING...YIKES... Anyway this is great news all around and I continue to count my blessings daily and to thank all who have prayed for me that have given me this extra 19 months of life with my family and my pals.

I'm sure a brain scan will show nothing...... :P

If I understood correctly, the doctor told my family member that their brain scan was "Unremarkable"

I think that meant it was a good thing.

So, Jim No Horse, hope they find your brain unremarkable!

Oncologist told me the last time she ordered a brain scan that she felt pretty sure my brain would not cause me any problems....then she laughed hard....lol.... I love that woman....smart... attractive... with a great sense of humor. I am even blessed by the Doctors I am given. Del Rio...that prayer you left me on here prior to surgery was so beautiful.

And Hoss ...your brains bigger than my brain....your brains bigger than mine....your brains??? Can't remember the rest....

Hoss ....I consider you a good friend no matter what my Doctors say about you.....Jim

Del Rio Pete....still owe you that root beer from EOT....can't believe we were right next to it and I walked the other way....Hoss will explain how cheap I am...lol...

Got the MRI brain scan with radioactive contrast Thursday but the doctor has not called with results yet. I am going to call the oncologist today as waiting is not my strong suit.....unless hunting. If this scan is clean I will have at least 6 weeks without chemo. That is time to regain my strength.

I am going to Physical Therapy due to the 'permanent' nerve damage in my legs. We were told it was permanent but I can now put my socks on, tie my shoes and cross my legs when sitting in a chair. That may not sound like much but it is. I am walking better...that video of me dragging my legs between stages at EOT....yikes....

Again....all my thanks to my cow pals whose prayers and concern have touched our hearts throughout the past two years. God bless you all...Jim

Archived