SASS Wire Forum

Somebody's Prayin, I Can Feel It. (Re: Jim No Horse, aka Tusco Horse, aka Chemo Sabe, aka Honorary JEDI #222)

Del Rio Pete

... You got to walk that lonesome valley...but not necessarily alone....Jim

Not alone by a long shot. Praying 2017 is a great year for you and hope to see you at the range soon.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Abilene....been missing your smoke and fire....Jim

Jim:

You've got lotsa cowboys & cowgirls pulling for ya back here in ohio

Across the country in fact

We're hoping & praying that your cyber knife procedure goes well

Hoping to shoot with ya later this year, my friend

Take care

--Dawg

Jim,

What is the weekly update?

How are you feeling?

Still flirting with the pretty doctor?

Do you still wear all your cowboy stuff to appointments?

How's the guy with the knife treating you?

Well...got a lung infection causing the fluid build up. Went to Dr this morning and getting 10 days of anti biotics for infection. Got home and Cyberknife called for Wed at 2PM...first treatment. Then Friday next treatment...then Monday....Wednesday and Friday of next week. Thats for one tumor...Then start on second tumor the following week...

Good news bad news....the bad news is I have Stage Four terminal cancer....the good news is I have a great looking oncologist...lol... it's true...Thanks Jim

I have been feeling good lately and I always wear my cowboy stuff to appointments. I meet the knife doctor with his radiation knife on Wednesday at 2 PM ....thanks for asking Del Rio....Jim

Prayers still up.

Continued prayers amigo

First Cyberknife treatment went great ...technician was a hoot...had as much fun as can be had while being radiated...she said as long as she didn't clip a artery or blow a hole in one of my other internal pipes that we will have one tumor killed in 4 more treatments. Of course the new tumor is in a lymph node and we start on that one next week I hope....God willing....Thanks Jim

Prayers up for you Jim.

Latest Tall Tale about Jim No Horse.

He fell off his horse in Texas when some mean Desperados were after him.

Jim ran out of ammo and has been in a knife fight for two weeks defending a fair maiden.

So far he coninues to beat those Desperados. One tough Cowboy.

Update from Jim on his CyberKnife fight....

"Three radiation treatments down then two more to go....that is for one tumor....then one more to go...leavig one in my lung they will continue to monitor...Jim"

Saw Jim Saturday. Was on different posse so did not get to shoot with him, but we visited for a while. He certainly appreciates the prayers.

Hoss...not even prayer will make me shoot faster...was good to see you old friend.

I sent a couple of people pics of the Cyberknife hoping they would post a pic of ole Susie...posting pics are way above my pay grade...we'll have to call on Dawg when he feels better.

Tomorrow at 6am the Pulmonologist is going down my throat into my right lung to set up targets for Susie to shoot at. Actually the targets are tiny gold tags inserted in the tumor to give Susie something to shoot at...and you thought setting targets at the range was hard.....Thanks to all Jim

Good Evening:

Jim sent me this pic of him & the Cyberknife:

Waiting to hear good information!

--Dawg

cyber.jpg

Knee Replacement Update:

It has been a week since the operation.
I'm doing well.
The replacement was on Tuesday.
I was in the hospital until Friday afternoon
I'm staying with some friends in Chardon, Ohio, who have a ranch house.
Our house is 4 floors & all stairs, so I decided to stay here & let them take care of me.

I've got a physical therapist coming by every other day, and I have my follow-up doctor's appointment tomorrow.
After the appointment, I'll go back home.
I'm moving around pretty well now, and can occupy myself at home doing stuff that needs doing.

What have I been doing?
Well, been catching up on lots of reading.

The past week has found me finishing up the stages & stories for our annual shoot in October 2017.
I wrote 4 stages & Stone Creek Drifter wrote 6 stages.
I wrote all the stories
This year's theme is the TV series "Gunslingers"
The working copy of the 2017 High Noon Shooter's Book has been sent to the power folks at Tusco

I should be at Tusco in February if the weather is decent.
Take care
--Prairie Dawg

Prairie Dawg...you are a keeper...glad to hear of your progress...take care my friend....Jim

Thanks for the nice words Jim:

We're a coupla medical miracles, we are

We'll toast to it when we meet

Till then........................Via con Huevos! :P

--Dawg

RE: Jim and Cyberknife photo.

That thing looks more like a mechanical bull that was designed by committee rather than a piece of surgical equipment. Looks like Jim is doing a good job of holden it down though.

Just got out of OR and they placed next weeks targets near my heart thru my throat...yeehaw ...still a bit groggy but I am waiting for my 3PM with Susie. It will be my 4th treatment with the last on Friday. Starting to cough up pieces of the dying tumor....yeah yipee....I am blessed by the Grace of God and the power of your prayers Amen....Thank you Jim

Praying that everything goes perfecto, my friend.

Thinkin' of ya every day

--Dawg

Prayers still up Jim.

Jim,

I'm confused.

Is Susie the fair maiden?

Or, did you name that Desperado's CyberKnife, Susie?

I think the German SS did less torturing than they are doing to you.

Susie is the fair maiden...yes..but the Desperado ...El Blanco Gordo...was caught sharpening his Cyberknife by us this morning and was taken into custody. Two weeks of knifefighting (I gotta get some sleep) and the fight is over....gee whiz Mr Cleaver...I am not that creative at this hour.

One more Cyberknife treatment today and that tumor should be finished. Then five more treatments on the new tumor close to my heart...Hope Susie is a good shooter. Next shooter...The Adventure continues....Jim

Couldn't help but think of General George S Pattons' comment when he heard of the trapped commander's reply to the Germans' demand for surrender:

"Nuts!"

The General laughed and said they couldn't let a man of such eloquence be defeated!

When I read your comment about placing those little gold targets and comparing it to hanging targets at a match, why, I got a good tickle out of it, and the dog looks at me funny when I laugh that well.

(Also like Boon Doggle's comparison about that knife thing looking like a mechanical bull designed by a committee!)

Now I ain't no General George S Patton, matter of fact I'm just kind of a general baloney slinger, but I addressed the Almighty in much the same vein as General GSP did, upon reading your comments on the matter!

Susie broke last Friday before my treatment so I had my last treatment (number5) today at noon. Also had an appointment with pain management Doctor to get meds for my legs due to nerve damage. Searing pain in my legs whenever they want. A bit distracting when you are trying to do normal things. Anyway all is well.....How is the Dawg doing? What is Dawgs prognosis. ?..? Jim

Prayers up Jim.

Hi JNH:

2 weeks now since the surgery

I'm improving

My doc & therapists are happy

Less pain now, but still hurts from time-to time

For the first week I was popping pain pills (Oxycodone) like they were M&Ms

Now, my need/want for them is much reduced.

No trouble getting around, but not shoveling snow, which we've gotten a lot of lately!

With all the snow, Ohio is getting well-watered & will be green in Spring.

Looking forward to hearing good things about your treatment

Take care

--Dawg

I forgot my CAT scan today that is used to target my new tumor for Cyberknife next week or week after....

Yeehaw...Jim

Dawg...sounds like you are on the righht path....those pain pills are

something else...yeowee Happy to hear of your progress....God bless...Jim

I feel great. Spent the weekend with my sweetie, Karen..Dinner out Friday night...out to our Casita Saturday for some plumbing duties...Church on Sunday...then visiting with friends...home then the Superbowl.

Physical therapy this week...Pain management for my nerve damage to my legs...waiting for Cyberknife to get my case set up in their computer so Susie can do her thing. This tumor is active and in a lymph node so I am ready to get started. Waiting...having cancer has taught me more about waiting than I cared to know. By the grace of God and the power of prayer all of these things will work out.....Jim

Archived