SASS Wire Forum

Somebody's Prayin, I Can Feel It. (Re: Jim No Horse, aka Tusco Horse, aka Chemo Sabe, aka Honorary JEDI #222)

Del Rio Pete

God is blessing lot of people through you.Love you man.Prayers still up for you.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did not hear from the oncologist today about my MRI brain scan...she told me not to worry but I always feel better talking to the horses mouth as soon as possible. Hope to get some news tomorrow....Jim

Del Rio Pete....still owe you that root beer from EOT....can't believe we were right next to it and I walked the other way....Hoss will explain how cheap I am...lol...

Got the MRI brain scan with radioactive contrast Thursday but the doctor has not called with results yet. I am going to call the oncologist today as waiting is not my strong suit.....unless hunting. If this scan is clean I will have at least 6 weeks without chemo. That is time to regain my strength.

I am going to Physical Therapy due to the 'permanent' nerve damage in my legs. We were told it was permanent but I can now put my socks on, tie my shoes and cross my legs when sitting in a chair. That may not sound like much but it is. I am walking better...that video of me dragging my legs between stages at EOT....yikes....

Again....all my thanks to my cow pals whose prayers and concern have touched our hearts throughout the past two years. God bless you all...Jim

Pete, Jim is so cheap he won't wear rubber soled boots. He us afraid they may "give" a little

(Never mind that the 1911 I won at a match was donated by JNH)

Got the call from my nurse at the oncologist office....brain scan was completely clear......nothing to worry about at this time.

Hoss....you were right...no brain in sight....

Waiting is the worst part of this experience. I am one happy camper...no chemo for a least 6 weeks....Amen....thanks for all the prayers. Knowing I have so many praying for me is a comfort beyond words.....Thank you all....Jim

That's great Jim. We serve a mighty God!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Del Rio...Pit Bull...Hoss... looking forward to being seen by you guys...Bubba...Dawg...Boon Doggle...to many to name...a mighty God...Amen. ....Jim

Thanks To Calvary We Don't Live Here Any More.

"Thanks To Calvary" by Bill Gaither. Sung by George Younce.

Today, I went down to the place where I used to go

Today, I saw the same old crowd I knew before

And when they asked me what had happened, I tried to tell them,

Thanks to Calvary, I don't come here anymore.

Thanks to Calvary I am not the man (dad) I used to be

Thanks to Calvary things are different than before.

And as the tears ran down my face I tried to tell them (him)(her),

Thanks to Calvary, I don't come (live) here anymore.

Then we went down to the house where we used to live,

My little boy (girl) ran behind the door, like so many times before;

And I said "Son (Honey) you don't need to be afraid, you've got a new Daddy now,

(And I said, "Son (Honey) never fear, you've got a new Mommy here,)

Thanks to Calvary we don't live here anymore.

Thanks to Calvary I am not the man (dad) I used to be

Thanks to Calvary things are different than before.

And as the tears ran down my face I tried to tell them (him)(her),

Thanks to Calvary, I don't come (live) here anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim is doing pretty good after that litte side show of having my eye taken out to check for Lymphoma behind it and having my right large nasal passage drilled out looking for lymphoma also. BOth growths were non malignant cysts.

My eye is still healing and I told the doctor he must have put it back in crooked as I have two different horizons now....lol...not really but it's still sore and leaking fluid. I am doing well so far. Sure hope they don't have anymore of these side issues again.

Now if the WIRE can just stay up and running......God bless you all once again.....Jim

Praying still JIm.Love you man.

Skyfall...been a long time and glad to hear from you. Heard you spent some time working on the Cabs new range. It's going to be a beauty. Hope to hear from you again soon.....Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Today is my monthly meeting with my oncologist...blood tests...urine...blood panels...then a meeting to discuss findings and decisions on how to proceed. There is a new immune enhancer drug Keytruda (sp) that might....I stress Might...actually kill off the cancer in my lung. The insurance company said no last month...not until the cancer spreads will they approve payment. Yikes... is that

nuts. Anyway the oncologist has applied again for use of it so we will find out today if they have changed their decision. I can use your prayers as they have now given me two more years of life with my family and friends. Thank you all and I will have more answers tonight...Jim

Prayers are always up Jim.

Prayers always.

Let us know what they say after your appt & after blood tests.

Yes, insurance issues sometimes makes one sicker than the illness itself.

As if you needed more stress????????

Hope the new govt leadership puts all the govt officials on the same insurance the rest of us have to put up with.

Great news about you doing so well.

Thanks

Jim,

What did the tests show?

What did the doctors say?

Thanks

From such a good report below, we need a little praise song.

Wait and see and normal blood tests are very good.

Couldn't Keep It To Myself by Alex Bradford.

(I said I wasn't gonna tell nobody but I)

Couldn't keep it to myself

What the Lord has done for me

You ought to been there, (when He) saved my soul

You ought to been there, (when He put my) name on the roll

(Then I) started walking

(I) started talking

(I) started singing

(I) started shouting

About what the Lord has done for me

What the Lord has done for me

You ought to been there, (when He) saved my soul

You ought to been there, (when He put my) name on the roll

(Then I) started walking

(I) started talking

(I) started singing

(I) started shouting

About what the Lord has done for me

Wait and see....that seems to be the new mantra. All my blood work and panels show me in all normal ranges. The clinic is scheduling PET Scans in the next two weeks and with those results we will have a Pow Wow in early December to see what the cancer is doing. The PET scans give you a very good picture of what has happened since the last scan. So far the cancer has stopped growing and we are in this wait and see arena. I am grateful for this period without chemo but anxious to proceed to the next step. I am told now that I am living with cancer and so far I have beat the odds.

I shot three of six stages last weekend and had a blast but then what I call firelegs started. It starts at my toes and works its way to my knees. Nerve damage from the chemo I am told. Think covered in fire ants and you have the picture. When it starts I take heavy pain meds and I don't shoot on meds. Anyway I shoot with the help of my posse and thank all of them for putting up with my lack of posse duties...sometimes I work the unloading table. That is my story till the scans. Life is good even with these limitations.

Anyone living with cancer needs your help and prayers. Palewolf and his donor are real heros at this time. I send my prayers daily for complete healing and the miracle of modern medicine guided by Gods hand. My oncologist calls it Gods work, her hands. I am living proof of her statement. Again...thanks for your prayers and support throughout this trial...Jim

Allie....just knowing you are out there makes me smile....you are the Cyber Angel...all powerful...all knowing...Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Don't be concerned! I am going for PET scans at 2 PM today and will meet with my oncologist next Tuesday to see if the cancer has spread or what it is doing. Insurance will not pay for any more PET scans so I have been tied up with that battle...so now PET scans will cost $1,500. out of pocket. CT scans are no charge to me but the doctors want the higher definition of PET scans.

On the 20th I will take this scan to Baylor Clinic in Houston for their opinion. Great doctors there also. Then we will come up with a new treatment protocol.

Again thank you all for all you have done. My wife is throwing a Thank You Open House on December 18th (my birthday) to thank everyone for all of their support. Its a longshot but if you are near here come and let us feed you....I will send the invitation to Dawg so he can post it on here.

Thanks for all the cards, phone calls, words of support and the prayers that have helped slow this cancer and give me the additional time I have had with family and friends...been shooting, been enjoying every day...good and bad...grown closer to Karen ...my angel. I am still here by the power of prayer...the grace of God...and the blood of Jesus Christ. With friends like that anything is possible. Jim

Good Afternoon:

I'm posting this for Jim No Horse.

If I lived in Texas, I'd be there.

But, for now, it will have to be another time.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to Jim & Karen from Dakota Skipper & me.

--Dawg

openhouse.jpg

Thanks Dawg for posting that for me. Remember the guestroom is always ready when you and Dakota Skipper get down this way....Jim

Sue...keep those prayers coming...gonna see you at EOT next year...bringing my own posse ....7 of us from our club...gonna be a blast again..Thanks Sue for all you do...Jim

Archived