SASS Wire Forum

Places to shoot...

Jackalope

I plan to travel from TN to SD next month and thought about bringing guns to shoot at a couple matches along the way. I have tried looking at the club pages on the SASS website, but I’m having trouble finding much useful match information. (Some of the listed websites don’t work and a contact or two does not reply to emails.) Anyway, I’m looking for clubs holding monthly matches on the 3rd or 4th weekends in June or the 1st weekend of July. I don’t want to go too far off the most direct route between TN and SD. (I-70 through MO and I-29 towards SD … or maybe through NE?). Any suggestions?

Also, is there actually an active club in the Black Hills of SD? One club looks more like a gun store and I tried to email the contact there and got no reply and the other one has no scores posted on their website since last July??

Thanks,

Jackalope

I'd invite you to come on out for the Colorado State match on July 1-3, but it doesn't sound like you're coming far enough west. If you change your mind or get lost though you are more than welcome to join us! (don't take that left turn at Albuquerque! :lol: )

For more info on SD you may want to try and get ahold of Brother King....don't know if he can help you or not but last I heard he was still up there...

I'd invite you to come on out for the Colorado State match on July 1-3, but it doesn't sound like you're coming far enough west. If you change your mind or get lost though you are more than welcome to join us! (don't take that left turn at Albuquerque! :lol: )

For more info on SD you may want to try and get ahold of Brother King....don't know if he can help you or not but last I heard he was still up there...

:lol: Beat you to it. ;) I already posted on BK's Facebook Timeline.

Please come shoot at the Powder Creek Cowboys range in Lenexa KS. Look at the website for Prince of the Pistoleers information. It will have the hotel and camping options listed. We shoot the 4th Saturday.

I recommend contacting Medicine Creek Johnny email roddewig@venturecomm.net from memory I believe his club in Onida SD shoots on the 1st Sunday of the month, and Dakota Nailbender's in Clark SD shoots on the 2nd Sunday. Both are extremely good clubs and nice ranges. Also if yuo happen to pass through Iowa, the Fort Des Moines Rangers (Indianola) shoot on the 1st Sunday, and Zen Shootists (Nevada) shoot on the 2nd Saturday of each month. FDMR is about 30 min South of I80 and Zen is about 30 min North of I80.

The Kaskaskia Cowboys shoot the second Saturday of the month in Sparta, Il just off Illinois Route 4 about an hour southeast of St Louis. There are a couple of clubs close to I57 and several near I64, depending on the weekend you are coming through.

Feel free to send me a pm for more info.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

As Flyin Shootist said. Medicine Creek at Onida is 1st Sunday. Cottonwood Cowboys in Clark is normally 2nd Sunday but will be 3rd Sunday in July do to MN state shoot in Kimball MN. Snake Creek in Faulkton is 4th Sunday. Pringle SD is 3rd Sunday in the black hills. Contact Boulder Canyon Bob for more info on that shoot. You may email me at roddewig@venturecomm.net

MCJ

The Black Hills Shootist's normally shoot the 3rd Sunday, but we're robbing the 1880 train in Hill City that weekend, we'll be shooting the 12th of June instead. Come out and shoot with us near Pringle, about 10 miles S of Custer. Our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/BlackHillsShootists1880/?ref=bookmarks

and our Web page.

http://schofieldbob.wix.com/blackhillsshootists

have pics and info. The Deadwood Club hasn't shot this year and Brother King hasn't responded to my inquiry.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. We are still firming up the timing of the trip, but this gives us a number of options along the way. Powder Creek in KS on the 25th might work.

We actually shot at Clark, SD with Dakota Nailbender and his gang a couple of times many years ago. We also participated in two SD State Championships at the 7 Down range/horse arena near Spearfish back in about 2004/2005, but I understand that is no longer a shooting venue. We also shot at Pawnee Station in CO once in that timeframe. The SD/ND State match was intended to be part of our trip this year, but circumstances didn’t work out. I hope we can attend another time. Bob, I think we’ll be in Rapid City on the 3rd Sunday if you need help with your train robbery.

Allie Mo, one day we’ll make the trip out west to see you all again… but when are you coming to TN??

Jackalope

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. We are still firming up the timing of the trip, but this gives us a number of options along the way. Powder Creek in KS on the 25th might work.

We actually shot at Clark, SD with Dakota Nailbender and his gang a couple of times many years ago. We also participated in two SD State Championships at the 7 Down range/horse arena near Spearfish back in about 2004/2005, but I understand that is no longer a shooting venue. We also shot at Pawnee Station in CO once in that timeframe. The SD/ND State match was intended to be part of our trip this year, but circumstances didn’t work out. I hope we can attend another time. Bob, I think we’ll be in Rapid City on the 3rd Sunday if you need help with your train robbery.

Allie Mo, one day we’ll make the trip out west to see you all again… but when are you coming to TN??

Jackalope

PM sent

Archived