SASS Wire Forum

Stuff For Free! My Wish List. Cuz I Could Use A Little Help.

In the spirit of Goody's, SASS #26190 & Pit Bull Tex's, SAAS #89779, "Stuff For Free!" Thread, I thought perhaps a parallel thread would work where people could list what they need.

Perhaps this could be for Buckaroos getting started or Vets, or Seniors or anyone needing a little help.

What do you think?

Anyone have a need for things to help you in SASS?

If a person posted a need, then the person wanting to help could list it under Goody's Free Stuff Thread.

If not appropriate, please delete this thread. Thanks.

Just wanted to match those in need with those that want to give.

So, if you could use a little help, what is on your "Wish List"? What do you need?

Edited by Del Rio Pete

Sounds like a great idea, Del Rio Pete. Why don't you get it started under its own header and I'll see what I have to help you out.

What header do you have in mind?

I was thinking this was the header.

Also, many people are too proud to ask for help, so perhaps if a person knows of someone, they would post the request for them.

I think we'd need to know what city they live in, why they have a need, & item they need.

Ex: Blue-Collar family of 5 needs a couple of Buckaroo holsters in Tulsa, OK.

Or, Silver Senior Vet in Uvalde, TX could use some 45 LC brass for reloading.

Retired Vet on fixed income from Biloxi, MS needs ride and place to stay at EOT. Able to share expenses.

Heck, I'll give it a start.

The hand spring on my Pietta '58 Army broke so I could use a new hand w/spring. I would say I just need the spring, but I don't think you can replace just the spring.

It's just been hanging on the wall for the last couple years and I wouldn't mind getting it up and running again for a match or two.

Angus

Angus,

Thanks for starting the Wish List.

Hope many will follow.

Look forward to seeing who has a hand spring for your Pietta '58 Army.

P.S. Don't want to take away from the good work Goody and Pit Bull have been doing.

Perhaps we can merge the thread if people start posting their wish list here.

Edited by Del Rio Pete

Heck, I'll give it a start.

The hand spring on my Pietta '58 Army broke so I could use a new hand w/spring. I would say I just need the spring, but I don't think you can replace just the spring.

It's just been hanging on the wall for the last couple years and I wouldn't mind getting it up and running again for a match or two.

Angus

I have it all right . . . . both the hand with spring and the spring. But I ain't a gonna give it away or sell it. . . . I hav 'em cuz I make sure I have extras so that when something breaks I can fix it right away.

Those parts are easy to get / order and not very expensive to hold as extras. :) Best to buy a complete spare parts kit.

BRING IT ON

up

Fantastic!! I thought this thread was a "file 13" casualty since I've had this offer listed for a few days now. At any rate, they're yours, please send me your addy and I'll get them out on Monday.

Capt

Hey, I surprised myself, I found 100 pieces of the 45LC brass. I have it boxed and will get it out tomorrow if I get back home in time.

Capt

Mr Jack I sent you a PM.What does holster need to fit.

Mr .Jack What I found would not work.

Have a lady friend who is just getting started. I have enough guns & leather that she can get started with. The one thing I don't have is clothes.If anyone has some clothes that doesn't fit them anymore we would appreciate it.She say's she wears 12-14 in womens.

Largo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey , Largo Casey , I have no idea what size ladies 12-14 translates to in men's , but I have a pair of Wahmaker pants , waist size 38 , that I will send if they will work. Color black , the original style. Never been cut off , still 36" inseam.

And if Largo Casey can't use them , anyone else that they will fit can chime in.

Rex :D

I'm just getting started and could use a shotgun belt (36" +/- or sliders). Doesn't have to be free, just looking for something inexpensive until I get a little more experience and can determine what I really want to use.

Best regards,

I'm just getting started and could use a shotgun belt (36" +/- or sliders). Doesn't have to be free, just looking for something inexpensive until I get a little more experience and can determine what I really want to use.

Best regards,

What gauge?

Moose

Anybody got a old 12ga shotgun belt that's in there way, Can give it a good home.

Edited by Renegade Ripley

What size belt?

Mr Ripley my belt is to small but I have 12 slide if that would help.Let me know.

Thanks Tex I have a slide but it only holds 6 so was needing some way to hold a few more.

Thanks Renegade

Mr. Ripley I found one that holds12,12ga.It had two more but I cut them off to put a 38 slide on the belt.It works fine but don't look the best.I think it will fit you.It is about 41" from buckle to the first hole in the belt.If you want to try it PM me you address.

Edited by Pit Bull Tex