SASS Wire Forum

Kershaw comments, boos and catcalls...Please confine 'em to this 'un...

As I said, I'd appreciate it if y'all would confine your jeers to this here thread.

Thanks in advance, folks!

It's the story. The title of the story is Kershaw. It's on a whole nother thread than this one...

He's a great pitcher but he pitches for the L.A. Dodgers, I hate him for that.

By golly now you've got my attention and I've got a broad grin a-readin' it!

Second installment's up, folks. While I've got you here, I need to tell you that I will be away from my computer for a few days, so the next installment will be next week some time...

Still grinnin', and I know what it is to use a turned hickory baton exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, as you wrote with that blackthorn stick!

Got a tickle out of the character reference as well!

By golly now I am enjoyin' this one!

• 2 weeks later...

New installment of Kershaw is up, folks. This Chapter 5. Since I only have about ten chapters written, I guess I'd better git busy...

You have indeed trod the warrior's path, my friend, and whether 'twas in this lifetime or the next is immaterial: your account of the internals of a fighting man are written with the voice of experience.

The woman's shoving her feelings in that iron bound box are familiar territory as well.

Any who've made the transition from a non-stressed, unexciting everyday life, to the venue of the soldier, the lawman, the firefighter or the emergency medic, will nod their head with agreement and understanding at that passage: many's the time I had to spread my hand and grab my emotions and cram them down in that iron kettle, and screw the lid down tight, and then do what was needed.

A good tale takes the reader and dumps them into the action.

This tale does.

You have indeed the Bardic gift!

Many thanks for your kind words, my friend. I have not "trod the warrior's path" in this lifetime, but for whatever reason I appear to have gotten the mindset at least partially right to have such an affect on an experienced reader. Remberest thou the cleaving of the demons in the rescue of Sarah in the original Firelands manuscript?

Chapter 8 is up, folks. I guess I better start doing some writing, I don't have that many chapters left to post...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't updated the story for a while, folks. Haven't had too much extra time lately. Summer on the ranch, don'tcha know...

it's otay....I hasn't had time ta keep up wit either story lately.....one of tha first things I gotta do next week once our state match is over... ;)

Archived