SASS Wire Forum

good laughs today. and a lesson.

evil dogooder

Well the posse received some laughs today at my expense.

Due to an unusually large piece of splash back nailing the nerves in my weak hand while timing i was treated to shooting a new style for me. Two handed.

I shoot gf and although i could still use my hand i couldn't feel if i had the correct grip on it. For everyone safety i chose not to shoot gf for the rest of the day. Using it as a practice session.

To be blunt i am not a two handed shooter. I don't practice it. I dont have the foggiest clue on how to execute proper transitions. The only thing good about me shooting two handed is the comic relief for the posse.

So now comes the lessons i learned. It is freaky fast to transition from gun to gun when you don't have a revolver in each hand.

When shooting a 97 ( another thing I'm out of practice with) there is a little brass bump at the end. Its called a sight. Works better when you use it. Go figure. Plus its easier to shoot 4 knock downs if you bring 4 shells with you. No matter how loud you yell bang the targets dont fall down unless they are hit.

It's harder than crap to not draw two loaded guns when it's what you've been doing for 4 years.

Plus no matter how sweet and kind sass folk are they sure pick on a guy when he's down. No mercy at all.

Thanks to posse 2 for a fun day

Mary don't make me start up a snow dance. You know what happens when i do....

ifn' yer gonna do it, git it over wit fast.....I wanna shoot next weekend.....it's halfway thru May already and we still taint got ta a match yet.... :(:unsure:

I had the same experience when I had to learn to shoot traditional when I started shooting BW years ago. Went back to straight GF couple years ago,,,

ifn' yer gonna do it, git it over wit fast.....I wanna shoot next weekend.....it's halfway thru May already and we still taint got ta a match yet.... :(:unsure:

CM

we missed you at briggsdale yesterday.

YN

Btt

Archived