SASS Wire Forum

Good Quote but not Colin Powell's

There's a quote going around the Internet attributed to Colin Powell. My research tells me this was not a quote from Powell...frankly, I would have been very surprised had this come from Powell but that's a whole other story that I don't want to get into right now.

Back to the quote...the words and thoughts of the quote make perfect sense...regardless of who penned it--at this point it doesn't really matter who the author was.

I ask each of you to use this in your arguments with those still on the fence or those threatening to sit out the election because their man didn't get the nomination. Election 2016 reaches far beyond the presidency itself. We could feel the effects for many generations and America may never be anything we would recognize.

This fight is for your freedom and your posterity...keep that firmly in mind.

Steel your nerve, remain resolute and soldier on...

Colonel Dan

“A lot of people have brought up the fact that they won’t vote for Trump if he’s the eventual nominee. I just want to put something in perspective. Justice Scalia’s seat is vacant. Ginsberg is 82 years old, Kennedy is 79, Breyer is 77, and Thomas is 67. Nowadays, the data shows that the average age of a Supreme Court retirement or death occurs after 75. These are 5 vacancies that will likely come up over the next 4-8 years. The next President will have the power to potentially create a 7-2 Supreme Court skewed in their ideology. Think about that… 7-2. If the next President appoints 5 young justices, it will guarantee control of the Supreme Court for an entire generation. And 7-2 decisions will hold up much more over time than 5-4 decisions which are seemed to be lacking in mandate. Hillary has made it clear she will use the Supreme Court to go after the 2nd Amendment. She has literally said that the Supreme Court was wrong in its Heller decision stating that the Court should overturn and remove the individual right to keep and bear arms. Period. Everyone saying that they won’t vote for one candidate or the other if they are the GOP nominee, please realize this. If Hillary Clinton wins and gets to make these appointments, you likely will never see another Conservative victory at the Supreme Court level for the rest of your life. Ever.” - See more at: http://greatvocalmajority.com/colin-powell-supreme-court-vacancy-quote/#sthash.9H3zrhLB.dpuf

Yes Colonel this has been around on Facebook and on my page for a longtime. I sure hope a lot of other people are looking at this. This election is not only about the President. These Supreme Court Judges will be the core of the future of America. And if we don't get the right person in Washington the United States will never be what has been in the past and other countries will take us over in a matter of a couple of decades. As we will not be able to defend our selves. Our Military now is at the lowest point it has been in over 50 years. I just hope these kids see the light and come to their senses and see whats happening to this country before the election,

Archived