SASS Wire Forum

Super Accurate 10/22 for small game

I got 2 of them.

Both are factory and both are seemingly accurate. Plus, they are SUPER reliable.

One is the Tactical, which comes with their short bull barrel and Hogue overloaded rubber type stock.

One is the sporter wood stock (no barrel band), black receiver and stainless 22" slightly tapered barrel with NO sights.

If you want to see what certain .22 are capable, get on YouTube and type in stuff like: Ruger 10/22, Savage, Ruger American Rimfire, CZ rimfires, etc....

Lots of good videos and info.

..........Widder

I use JB Bore Paste to fine tune the bore of firearms to attain very tight accuracy. I first clean the bore with a brush and solvent. Then, I take a brass brush and embed the brush with JB bore paste. I run the brush back-and-forth in 4 inch increments 12 times and then, advance the brush another 4 inches and do the same thing, continuing until the brush comes out the other end. Keep the brush stoked with JB Paste. I do this preferably from the breach end of the weapon. Then I saturate a patch with oil and embed it with JB Paste and repeat the procedure, 4" at a time, 12 strokes every 4", with the patch. Clean thoroughly once again with solvent, brush and patch, removing all the paste.

I have taken a couple ground squirrels at 160 yards with a stock, 4x scoped 10-22. 100 yard shots are common. Very noticeable improvement.

Howdy,

Beyer Barrel.

4-12 burris or 2-7 redfield scope.

Not essential but try a sporter thumbhole stock.

Best

CR

I was able to play with a new 10/22 today.

rt2.jpg

Thompson Machine Operative TD ($1195 MSRP - complete rifle). Or you can have them convert your 10/22 Takedown front end for $850.

Accurate and QUIET. :D

That's pretty much what I'm looking for right there. This is going to be a tool, not a toy. It will spend most of it's life in the rain and snow in mostly very cold temps. I plan on having a can on it any time it's unpacked. You pretty much nailed it with this photo. I'll check them out. thanks!

If you have time and enjoy browsing, try website Rimfire central Hours of searching GW

You need to decide do you want what you said?> Super Accurate?? or just an upgraded 10-22?? If you want the best there is only one choice: KIDD Supergrade. We have 2, one with a Bushnell Elite tactical 6X24 the other with a Nightforce 10X42 Benchrest. Both shoot Eley Tenex 10 shot groups under 1/4" at 50yds. all day long. You get what you pay for. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig.

And don't forget:

when you go with a Super Accurate rimfire rifle or pistol, you will normally have to buy Super Accurate ammo to get its full potential.

A great rifle can still be a bad shooter with certain ammo.

And some mid-range factory rifles can become a good tack driver when matched with the right ammo.

..........Widder

Howdy,

OK I sort of don't quite agree.

Given that you are a decent shot, a super accurate rifle WILL give BEST results

with great (read expensive) ammo.

However use cheap ammo it will still give decent accuracy.

The catch is that you will soon SEE how good or bad your ammo is.

Cheap ammo, bigger groups better ammo smaller groups.

And the rifle will probably pick a brand variety that IT likes.

The nice thing about a super accurate .22 is that recoil is minimal so

you can practice WAY more than with some hard hitting magnum round.

And it looks like the .22 shortage is coming to a slow end.

Ammo is on tables at gun show, kinda high but for sale.

Best

CR

There never was a shortage of match quality 22LR ammunition. Just plinking grade. See my post #10 above if you want a truly accurate rifle that looks like a 10-22. Champion Shooters Supply or Champions Choice has all the quality ammunition you could ever want. The less expensive RWS50 newer lots are shooting great. Also the Wolf high end match (made by RWS) shoots as well as any upgraded factory 10-22. Both are inexpensive. For match grade ammo some rifles like Lapua (none of mine do) and the Eley Match is almost as good as Tenex and half the price. Some semi's like round nose better than the Tenex flat point. The KIDD rifles feed the Tenex just fine.

I bought a 10-22 40 yrs ago, put a full size scope, and an extended magazine release on it, thats all. Having done nothing but clean it, it has taken hundreds of squirrels, rabbits, and various garments since.

Archived