SASS Wire Forum

Winchester Ranger side by side (Thanks for the info Helped a lot)

Can someone tell me the value and quality of the Winchester Range Bubble Barrel.

Winchester only made two models of sxs shotguns: the very expensive 21 ($8000 and more) and the much less expensive 24. The 24 has an unusual round action. You can see these on Gunbroker. Win did sell 19th century doubles and guns made in Spain like the models 22 and 23.

Stevens made a double sold with the Sears and Western Auto names.

Winchester only made two models of sxs shotguns: the very expensive 21 ($8000 and more) and the much less expensive 24. The 24 has an unusual round action. You can see these on Gunbroker. Win did sell 19th century doubles and guns made in Spain like the models 22 and 23.

Stevens made a double sold with the Sears and Western Auto names.

Ranger was a name that Sears used for it's shotguns in the late 1800s and early 1900s. They were made by Stevens, Iver Johnson, Ithaca, Hunter Arms, Crescent and probably others as well, whoever would make a batch cheaply for them. I don't believe that Winchester ever made any for Sears, but I have been wrong before. The Numrich Arms catalog has a section that MAY help you identify who made yours. Then you can use the condition and maker to come up with a fair price.

Good luck,

Duffield

Thank you all for the info very helpfull

Archived