SASS Wire Forum

Show off your Guncarts - designed and built by you.

Chicago Ken

I finished building my Guncart and am pretty darn happy with it. I took allot of folks advise on the matter. Build it light and easy to take apart if I ever downsize. Since I am a woodworker I had to use those skills such as they are. But I am happy with the results.

I'm showing you mine, lets see yours. Ideally designed and built by you.

The wood is Canary wood. Has a real rustic look to it. Also I employeed the KISS principal.

The wheels and tires are from harbor frieght and are semi solid non pnematic. Basically they are solid with a hollow core, so they have a little give to them but won't go flat.

6M1B8893_zpso6r2nbde.jpg

6M1B8895_zps054x3n8e.jpg

6M1B8898_zpsjdfd6ym3.jpg

6M1B8900_zpsmy5xgopf.jpg

6M1B8901_zpsreidu5xo.jpg

6M1B8904_zpsjz6z0q8i.jpg

6M1B8909_zpsnhim1qib.jpg

Balloon tires = check

nice finish = check

easy to break down = check

light = check (appears so)

shade = check

dovetail joinery = double check!

But, since I neither designed, nor built mine... I don't feel obligated to show ya. I love mine... it was a gift, built by the 1st guy to bring a gun cart on the range... whom I admired, respected... and hated... but someone was going to do it... And every time I use it I'm reminded of him, and the fine folks that started OWSA.

OWSA-2.jpg

Your beautiful cart motivated me to finally sign up just so I could tell you how awesome I think your cart came out. I just built one out of scrap materials and it's ok...now I think I need to build another and steal some of your ideas

Great work

Here are a few that I've built. I'm building a couple more now and will post them in a few weeks.

http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/HunterBasquins/slideshow/Yul%20Lose%20Gun%20Carts

Since you don't want to turn this to a Ugly cart contest i won't post pics of my current cart. But i have a new one in the works that has walnut and cherry inlays that is coming along nicely. When it's done I'll post a pic

Your beautiful cart motivated me to finally sign up just so I could tell you how awesome I think your cart came out. I just built one out of scrap materials and it's ok...now I think I need to build another and steal some of your ideas

Great work

Thanks!

I look forward to seeing all those carts, Good or Bad. The point is that we can all share in our ideas.

Yul Lose, I clicked on your link and it didn't work :(

My son and I built this one 11 years ago to earn him a cub scout badge. Originally the rack part mounted in the back of a red wagon. I added the wheel base a few years ago.

IMG_0045_zpszikeugwc.jpg

IMG_0044_zpsosdw3fox.jpg

My son and I built this one 11 years ago to earn him a cub scout badge. Originally the rack part mounted in the back of a red wagon. I added the wheel base a few years ago.

I have seen pictures of your cart online when I went looking for Ideas. Found it in google images when I searched Gun Carts.

i have no photos , i converted a golf cart for three gun then got into SASS - never upgraded just added an umbrella and yup - i need a mount like yours ,

Ken - I like your cart, one suggestion though, carry extra fasteners in your cart box, they seem to find a way to escape never to be found again.

Here is one I made a couple years ago for some friends, a couple that most always shoots together

10984054_10202732193026003_7964977600275

It is a modified Rolan Craps design, but the swiveling drink and shotgun caddy in the handle bars is a Grizz original.

Here is my cart I built when I started and still use, based off someone else plans as well modified to fit the wood I had on hand and what I wanted at the time. I've since added a swiveling drink and shotgun shell caddy to it as well

cart3.jpg

Here's what we got started with. Passed it along "free to good home" at the last Land Run. I didn't even have my swap meet goodies unpacked before it had been carted (pun intended) off. Just a modified stroller, but it worked great. Only down side was that it wouldn't fold up after all the mods. still not bad.

20140614_100609_zpsr3joowpm.jpg

20140521_201048_zps7h6ogwpf.jpg

First gun cart, circa 2002.

cart003_zps5d344dd0.jpg

cart006_zps0cc65b69.jpg

Started traveling the east coast and parts elsewhere, went to this later.

IMG_0382_zps9c5be5cd.jpg

:)

My folding gun cart. I have since added some removable cross bracing on the up rights to make it sturdier and larger diameter non-pneumatic wheels and tires.

IMG_5065_1_zps4imra3mr.jpg

IMG_5067_1_zpsaefekfd0.jpg

IMG_5068_1_zpsexi1zlte.jpg

IMG_4813_zpsbhaozj4q.jpg

[/url]

My folding gun cart. I have since added some removable cross bracing on the up rights to make it sturdier and larger diameter non-pneumatic wheels and tires.

IMG_4813_zpsbhaozj4q.jpg

I love this. I've been planning building a cart around the space requirements of my TJ. I might have to rethink what I was planning and go closer to this cart. I had never considered a tri-fold setup.

Here are a few that I've built. I'm building a couple more now and will post them in a few weeks.

http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/HunterBasquins/slideshow/Yul%20Lose%20Gun%20Carts

Yul:

Creative designs, beautiful wood choices, marvelous detail & execution!

Where do you find the time?!!

LL

Yul:

Creative designs, beautiful wood choices, marvelous detail & execution!

Where do you find the time?!!

LL

My wife calls my woodshop My Mistress, I guess it's probably true. That's where I am most of the time. Thanks for the compliment.

I've lost count of how many I've designed and build.

But my Steampunk Gun Cart is my latest favorite. Built out of Walnut.

MunitionsAmbulator016.jpg

MunitionsAmbulator014.jpg

MunitionsAmbulator013.jpg

MunitionsAmbulator018.jpg

MunitionsAmbulator019.jpg

MunitionsAmbulator007.jpg

MunitionsAmbulator002.jpg

All this talk about gun carts has me making a new one for me and Bea Itchin'.

Currently we each have a 4 gun cart (see my "Steampunk" cart above). But when we travel, keeping up with two carts can be a hassle, so I'm building one, 6 gun cart just for travel. This will be a wider version of my RoughRider cart with some of my later adds such as Rare Earth magnet gun holders, rear key box and a new pistol storage system I'm thinking about.

It will be like the one on the left in this picture.

RoughRiderandCherokeecarts.jpg

Pictures to come.

Rolan, I hope you git a steam engine to move that walnut and brass beautius behemoth!

i

Yul Lose.. The carts you make.. Well.. I'd be proud to have in my dining room..

This is not a put down.. But highest regards of your workmanship..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' if ya built a recliner model??

It would probably be in front of the TV. :)

Rare Earth magnet gun holders

Now that's brilliant! wish I had installed those in my gun rack. Funny thing is I was thinking about using them to hold my box lid down but it never occured to me that the magnets would hold up the guns..

Where do those wheels come from? Those look like what Yul Lose uses but he puts wood on them.

Northern tool has a very good selection of pneumatic and no-flat tires/wheels

The wheels that I use are from Northern Tool and they are a 20" garden cart tire and wheel assembly. I remove the factory tube and replace it with a Never Flat foam tube.

• 1 month later...

I made this from a jogging double stroller. Four slots, hoping my son will join me :^)

http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/Joel_Friedman/media/image_zpsktahhmaf.jpeg.html

http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/Joel_Friedman/media/image_zpsrjvfewg6.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=1

Navaho rug from auction at Crown Point, New Mexico.

Hey yáll Thats some beautiful workmanship. When I built my first cart it had the handles almost directly above the axle and the long guns near vertical. I added a big umbrella and it promptly blew over in a moderate wind. I stretched the wheelbase out past the base of the handle and the longguns and suddenly, problem solved. Imis

and no I dont have a picture

Archived