SASS Wire Forum

14 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

The adventures of Grumps ,,, Will continue ...

Jabez Cowboy

Hope your service went well!

• Like 1

The adventures of Grumps ,,, Will continue ...

The Good Friday service and Resurrection Sunday Both went well ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 2

Got new windows going in on the back porch, should be done in a couple days. Will be nice to have a 3 season room on the back porch. Now to grump about something else.

• Like 1

The previous post could NOT be more accurate!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

See I done fixed CLK's Post ...

Ya can thank me later...

Pull up a Stump an tell me about all Yer woes...

Coffee is Hot an fresh...

Jabez Cowboy

• Haha 1

Thinking about it, but also waiting to hear about knee replacement surgery. It's already 4 years past due, because of COVID etc.

I was thinking about driving the motorhome out and doing some sight-seeing and getting reacquainted with friends and family, but my riding partner tells me he can't make the trip. Something to do with a four letter word: WORK! 

Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative. 

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WEEELLLL!! The doc says at least another week of sitting around with my foot bandaged up!!  GRRRRR!!

We haven’t heard ANYTHING from Schoolmarm’s back doctors!!

Seems like everything that’s associated with insurance takes FOREVER to get taken care of!!

• Like 3

Dang that foot just doesn't want to give you a break. Wishing the best to you both. Ain't gitten old a pleasure?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

WEEELLLL!! The doc says at least another week of sitting around with my foot bandaged up!!  GRRRRR!!

We haven’t heard ANYTHING from Schoolmarm’s back doctors!!

Seems like everything that’s associated with insurance takes FOREVER to get taken care of!!

Dang Pards; we only have another week before he's able to get up and around, so let's make the most of it!

He'll soon be out among us, all on his own!

DANG!

• Haha 2

I’ll be out amongst ya’s tomorrow!

Cowboy Lunch over in Murfreesboro, TN at 12:30!!  Lookin’ ta’ pick up some ammo that I’m having loaded and get a bellyfull of BBQ and BS from the local pards! I will probably wear regular shoes, (I have some heavily padded diabetic shoes) so I can get around easily. I can get them on over the bandage.

The rest of the week, I’ll be back in the LazyBoy!! :angry: :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Blackwater, I'm sure some of da tales will come from you...

Have a great time .

I was down in your neck of da woods a couple of years ago. But I didn't know then that Ya was hanging out there or I would have looked Ya up....

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had to go to the TMobile Store here this morning. When we switched carriers the girl waiting on us just couldn't rave enough about how wonderful the Google Pixel phones were, so we got them. Well, they are First Class pieces of JUNK. My wife has already had to have her first one replaced and I just went and had them rehook my old Motorola because there is so much Google "assistance" crap I got fed up with it. At least the phones were no charge when we signed up. Anyway, got home, loaded some primer tubes for the Dillon and gonna go do some "reloading therapy" in the garage. Grump on!

• Like 2

Well, more grumpin' ! Got about 150 rounds loaded and decided to throw some brass in the tumbler. The garage starts flooding because the outside [supposedly winter proof] faucet has broken inside the wall! The missus and I spent about an hour and a half getting the water cleaned up in the Master bathroom, laundry room and storage room in the garage!

• Sad 2

Hate to hear that Deacon!!  Plumbin’ problems is da woist!!

• Like 2

I know a bit about that, we came home from Uganda One year to find our 1,840 for basement with 3 feet of water in it...

The sump pump was running steady, but couldn't keep up... Some one jimmied both outside taps so they ran wide open down the side of the house... The person ( watching ) the house didn't notice...

This was 10 days before the SASS Canadian Nationals....

Made it to the shoot, but a little worn out....

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 3

Humph! Page 3

OK. More Canadiana: 

* OK, It isn't real. Yet.

8OjfYs4.jpg

Looks like a misdirected participation trophy for people who don’t really do anything productive in opposition to a nonexistent problem!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got the faucet replaced yesterday that caused the problem last week. Then our g'niece came by after school, she just got braces, so her mouth is sore. Working this afternoon at the LGS. Lifting my coffee cup to ya.

• Like 1

YIPPEE!!  Doc says I can start wearing a shoe on the bad foot again.  We decided to go a few more days in bandages and the walking boot, just to give it a little more time to toughen up.

Yowsah!!  Schoolmarm’s oncology checkup was perfect again!  They’re even changing one of her meds to a much less expensive one.

GRRRRUMP!!  Gotta go tomorrow to see when, where, and what kind of surgical procedure will have to be performed to correct her ruptured disc!  She’s been in pain and had problems with her knee, hip, and lower back for so long that we’re BOTH worn out from loss of sleep and constant discomfort. 

At least, with any luck, tomorrow we’ll know what’s happening and maybe see a little light at the end of the tunnel!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

YIPPEE!!  Doc says I can start wearing a shoe on the bad foot again.  We decided to go a few more days in bandages and the walking boot, just to give it a little more time to toughen up.

Yowsah!!  Schoolmarm’s oncology checkup was perfect again!  They’re even changing one of her meds to a much less expensive one.

GRRRRUMP!!  Gotta go tomorrow to see when, where, and what kind of surgical procedure will have to be performed to correct her ruptured disc!  She’s been in pain and had problems with her knee, hip, and lower back for so long that we’re BOTH worn out from loss of sleep and constant discomfort. 

At least, with any luck, tomorrow we’ll know what’s happening and maybe see a little light at the end of the tunnel!

Great news Blackwater!

Sending our best wishes for Schoolmarm.

Eyesa & Ellie 

• Thanks 1

It has been six days since the bandage on my foot showed any bleeding!!

Let’s see what my regular doctor has to say!

I gotta pick up a driver’s manual for my youngest grandson whilst I am out today!  He says he’s ready to start learning to drive, so I suspect that we’d better get him coached up for the learner’s permit test!!

I reckon I’ll pick up lunch after the lab lady draws off a half gallon of my blood for testing!!

• Like 3

Great news on the foot! Teach your grandson on a stick shift, he will freak out his buddies by being able to do that!

• Like 2

Other than my motorcycles, I don’t have anything stick shift anymore!  I DO have a couple of vehicles with full manual shift automatic transmissions, but they don’t require the use of a clutch!

I reckon I could find something with a manual transmission amongst the vehicles that I have access to…   I have a few friends with NHRA Gas and Super Stock cars!! :ph34r: :lol:

• Haha 1

WELL!!  They DID take nearly half a pint of blood today!  Five vials!!  

I was almost to town and four or five minutes from the doctor’s office , or so I thought, when the phone rings.  They inform me that my doctor has moved from the small hospital building where he’s been for twenty-five years or more to a new location in a town about twenty miles away!  They apologize for not having informed me earlier.

I explain that I was five minutes from the old location and that I would be another thirty minutes getting across my town and across the county to the new office!

If the cops had seen me, I would likely be UNDER the jail right now, but I made the trip in fifteen minutes!  My doctor really went to great lengths to apologize and explained that a new group bought out the group that owns the little hospital and that they didn’t want general practice, so he and his entire staff moved and joined another group.

I like my doc a lot and I usually only see him about every three months, so other than today’s inconvenience, no problem!

Otherwise, everything seems to be fine.  I’ll know about the bloodwork in a couple of days and the only bad thing is, I’ve gained almost ten pounds since I have been off my feet!  

Looks like I’m going back on the stationary bike, (been waiting for the foot to heal up) and maybe I will reduce my portions for a while ‘til I can get back into shape!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1