SASS Wire Forum

Well I heard only the good die young, so I changed my ways and lifestyle.

Havin' a LOT more fun now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CLK ; You coming out to Shoot the SASS Canadian Nationals with Me? ,,, It being held about 7.5 Miles from my Driveway...

Get out of my Puddles of Snow melt and into da Mud...

I think I can get my Bike out of town and on to the Highway tomorrow...

Jabez Cowboy

I'd like to and I'm thinking about it. After all, someone has to come last place.

MAN! I've been looking at the times for EOT etc. and those folks TOTAL MATCH times are what I shoot for a STAGE!

I am thinking about driving the motor home out though, but I'm pretty much alone now for a long trip.

My son, Big Red is working and saving his vacation time for a winter trip to visit friends in Florida and my riding partners; fellow Trail Boss (West) for the Wranglers and the TG for the area have commitments and responsibilities around here.

I'm also waiting to hear about my knee replacements, so I'll have to play it by ear.

Getting old sucks!

• Like 2

Getting old beats HELL out of the alternative!!

Being old just means you have the right to gripe about it!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'd like to and I'm thinking about it. After all, someone has to come last place.

MAN! I've been looking at the times for EOT etc. and those folks TOTAL MATCH times are what I shoot for a STAGE!

I am thinking about driving the motor home out though, but I'm pretty much alone now for a long trip.

My son, Big Red is working and saving his vacation time for a winter trip to visit friends in Florida and my riding partners; fellow Trail Boss (West) for the Wranglers and the TG for the area have commitments and responsibilities around here.

I'm also waiting to hear about my knee replacements, so I'll have to play it by ear.

Getting old sucks!

Sorry CLK, I have last place clinched.  If I shoot a stage under a minute, the rest of the posse applauds and yells things like, "Good going Buffalo Creek, you da man."

• Like 1

We have the same kinda friends don't we?

Oh well! It's all fun, even if I'm never in the running to win the Caddie or the SUV.

• Like 1

I imagine most of ya’s are aware of what happened to me yesterday!

Today, the water heater quit!!  Gonna get Hatfield to do the physical labor, tomorrow! It’s under the house and I ain’t gonna try to fix it, (the heating elements have failed) with the cast on my foot and the knot on my head.

GRUMP !!

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I imagine most of ya’s are aware of what happened to me yesterday!

Today, the water heater quit!!  Gonna get Hatfield to do the physical labor, tomorrow! It’s under the house and I ain’t gonna try to fix it, (the heating elements have failed) with the cast on my foot and the knot on my head.

GRUMP !!

Finally the old grump gets woke up!

• Haha 1

Hey da Sun done peaked out from behind da Clouds, making my day a lot more ... Gooder...

But I is Still GRUMPY...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 2

Made it to the range yesterday, (Friday) but our Cowboy range was still mostly snowed in. Where the frontend loader tried to clear things for the February and March matches, the sun had melted the snow and left it very muddy.

Too muddy. 

The rest of the range still had hip high snow and drifts covering the target array. (We keep them up after each match for Pards to practice on!)

Checked out the cabin thought about firing up the wood stove, them decided to go shoot in the other bays, giving the S&W, Rugers and Glocks a work out.

They all went BANG! Let's leave it at that OK?

Blizzarding here right now with BIG flakes the weather liar is saying will turn to rain or freezing rain.

OH GOODY!

Now get off the dad burn lawn!

And that's another thing!

The sidewalk plow operators don't seem to know the corner sidewalk is a curve, not a right angle. Now I have almost 2 feet of what was lawn, (OK, Clover) dug up and pushed back.

GRUMP!

Oh well, I still have a big bag of white clover seed left and MAN! Does it ever choke out the weeds!!

Green too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Done shoveling, it'll melt. Gotten way too Grumpy trying to plow mud and move the driveway to the lawn just behind the pile of sod! Done with it, my  grumpy butt is.

• Like 1

The grass and clover is ‘bout ankle deep!!  Schoolmarm is down in her back, so I’ll have to get the big mower out and serviced. Then Hatfield can ride the lawn down!!

I will work on the mower, but I don’t cut grass!!  I hate to even hear a lawnmower run!!!

• Haha 1

Keeping a close eye on Findlay Creek beside my place. The melt is underway and sometimes debris blocks the creek channel.

We have to keep an eye on things, especially after discovering the mental giants working for the Wetlands area raised the berm on the wetlands side higher than the berm on the road and house side.

Now get off my soggy lawn clover.

• Like 2

No shame!!  Had my grandson for spring break since last Wednesday afternoon.  

Just wasn’t much ta’ GRUMP about!!

• Like 1

Busy doing Income tax for a number of people, so stuck inside for the past few days AND I still have three more to do.

Had to go looking at the Long Term Care Home for some of the information from Canada Revenue Agency and it took them a while figure out what they did with the envelopes and the T4A (OAS) and CPP information.

FREEZING RAIN scheduled for tomorrow.

GRUMP

Oh well, even if/when the hydro lines come down. Again. I have the generator now. BUHHAHAHAHA!

Schoolmarm did our taxes back in January!

Already got our refund and wasted it on medical expenses and necessities!!

GRUMP!!!

• Sad 1

The weather guesser changed his story about freezing rain and now tells us we can expect a partly sunny day!

I think he looked out his window! BUT, he's still calling for freezing rain Wednesday and Thursday. 

Goody-Goody-Gum Drops!

I think I'll take advantage of this and finish my Easter shopping.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Schoolmarm did our taxes back in January!

Already got our refund and wasted it on medical expenses and necessities!!

GRUMP!!!

That's a pretty valid GRUMP!!!

• Haha 2

Supposed to be real pretty here today. I got coffee and a sweet wife.

I Can't grump today, so I'll grump about that!

• Like 2

Grumpy Easter to all of ya’s!!

• Thanks 2

For all the GRUMPS, a special tip:

Now stop laughing like that and GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

6-13.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

He is risen indeed ! 

I'm preaching the Good Friday message in a Baptist Church, this year...

Jabez Cowboy

Be sure to bring a casserole for the pot luck!!  Deviled eggs are also a great choice!!

DO NOT MOONWALK TO THE PODIUM!!

All joking aside.  Do well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to lunch, today.  Big thick ham steak, broiled and crusted, cheesey potatoes with garlic and red pepper, and deviled eggs!

BUT IT AIN’T READY YET!

The donut I had for breakfast has plumb wore off!!

GRUMP!!

• Haha 1

Grumpy night last night. About 3 AM the 90# Rottweiler jumps up on the bed. Sheets were down a bit due to being warm in the house. Yep, right front paw lands on the marble bag then digs in to pull herself up.:blush: Luckily just a hole in the bag, no damage to the marbles. Amazing amount of blood and some screeching out of a sound sleep. Happy Easter!

• Sad 2

@Eyesa Horg I am NOT gonna hit the like button for that!

We had family over after Church, house was full of folks we love and our Niece brought a girl with her from their Church. A bus kid with not much of a family, she was a bit overwhelmed, but had a huge smile by the time dessert was served.

We don't know how truly blessed we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feel for ya’, Eysa!!  Been there once or twice myself!  Big dogs can bring big hurt without meaning to!

Get better fast!

You’re most entitled to a well deserved GRUMP!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We're good now:), luckily she missed the marble:D. Still hurt a big bunch though! Can barely see the hole today.

• Like 2