SASS Wire Forum

Good to hear from Down Under, And Merry Christmas and a new year spend converting powder into Gasses ....

Do you still ride ?

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 2:51 PM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Good to hear from Down Under, And Merry Christmas and a new year spend converting powder into Gasses ....

Do you still ride ?

Jabez Cowboy

I'm always  putting lead down the barrel & yes still ride when I get the chance..now & again you have to have the knees in the breeze.

• Like 1

Well What do you Ride ?

I ride a 1981 Suzuki GS 650 GL I have had next to forever and a 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit 1,100 .

The Honda has Floorboards, Windscreen, Hard Bags and a Trunk, all of which are new items for me to have on my ride.

Coffee and Christmas Goodies fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Haha 1

HUMPF!!

Page 4 and almost 6 days.

Time for another Canadian post.

Here is my Regimental flag with the Battle Honours. 

Cameron-Highlanders-of-Ottawa.jpg

• Thanks 3

Well, not quite.

There was my original Regiment, The Governor General's Foot Guards.

Both share the Cartier Square Drill Hall.

governor-generals-foot-guards-colour.jpg

On 12/30/2021 at 9:44 PM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Well What do you Ride ?

I ride a 1981 Suzuki GS 650 GL I have had next to forever and a 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit 1,100 .

The Honda has Floorboards, Windscreen, Hard Bags and a Trunk, all of which are new items for me to have on my ride.

Coffee and Christmas Goodies fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy 

1996 Harley FXD that I bought new & 1985 Harley FXR that has a later but still the same Evoulution engine..try to get out on them each once a month for at least 100-150 mile rides sometimes more.

Does da Boss ride with you ? 

Mine likes what she call her Queen seat , behind me .  Armrests, Back rest and me in front to break some of the wind ...

I tried for years to get her interested in ridding her own Bike, but that's a No go ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Page 3.

Again.

OK, More Canadiana.

Explanation:

Deer, moose, cows etc. will find a parked vehicle and lick the salt off it in winter. Gets the vehicle really slimy!

4v8c4w0z7ly3mggcv1bvw5vmq9hvvkpy.jpg

• Like 2

Page 4 

Time for another lesson about Canada!!

(Don't say ya weren't warned!)

Trust me! I wouldn't lie to ya!!

begins-annual-canadian-harvest-frost-wheats-frosted-memes-d962ab6b668388ba-c8f17603cf11974f.jpg

Nope but he may String Ya Along fer a Spell,,,,,:P  -_-

Coffee and Apple Raisin Pie fer da Grumps 

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1

If Ya Grumps missed it  Blue Boy has gone ahead to that big Range in the Sky ...

Imiss is going to miss him .

And so will I ...

Prayers Up for Imiss and Family ....

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Getting ready for the weekend weather here. Folks hear possibility of snow, and they freak out locally. About got run over in Walmart, if I hadn't had to get a couple of prescriptions, wouldn't have gone near the place! Enjoying some coffee and...Grump on!

• Like 1

Too tired and worn out to give the Canadian lesson.

Picture will have to do.

44189225_306618713279329_2914910900826593456_n.jpg

I'm here and worn out with all the doin's of Blue Boy's passing. We referred to him as The Elder StatesGrump. He was never on the wire, his vision was too poor by the time we joined the Wire.

Imis   stay off the snow covered lawn, In Tennessee, no less

• Sad 1

Ah, good surprise last night. Found a file for my 3D printer to make toolhead stands for my Dillon press. Made 5 of em last night and the last 4 are printing now. Costs me less than a quarter as opposed to $29 each from Dillon! Grump on!

• Like 2

Snow blower got a real workout yesterday. Cars stuck at my corner trying to come down my street.

Finally took the blower to the street and blew snow to the curbs to let vehicles enter the street, speed up and get some momentum to get to their homes.

Had to cut a path to the air inlet and outlet pipes for the on demand water heater, the furnace and the fireplace because drifted snow had them blocked.

Not too many mosquitoes though.

Grump on.

• Like 3

Good Morning Grumps

No smiling !!!

Grab a Cup of Joe pull up a Stump and Share your Woes !

Nice and Warm in here, not so much on da other side of da Door.... 

Grab a Donut , Enjoy ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snow is mostly gone in Middle Tenn. and I am looking forward to the middle of February when the winter always breaks. We might have cold or snow after that date, but it doesnt stay . Get off the mud.

Imis

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Page 19??

How the heck did that happen?

Was I away that long??

My great, great, great, great, great grandfather CONRAD, fought against the dirty, rotten rebel rabble for the king as a member of  Butler's Rangers. He had to flee to Sillsville, Ontario.

• Like 1

Hey Muddy ;

You coming to Canada to shoot this year ?

Jabez Cowboy

That ought to make him Grumpy ...

• Haha 2

Now, I'm really GRUMPY! so don't push it and NO LAUGHING!!!

Twisted weather here last night and today: Started with rain, followed by a snap freeze and 35CM of snow.

That drifted in the winds.

Fired up the snow-blower and started the driveway that had drifted level with the snow banks on either side and I could only blow in one direction, instead of both sides of the drive, due to the high wind.

Street wasn't plowed, I'm on a corner - so stuck cars.

Blew the street corner sorta clear so cars could get out, only to have one ungrateful **%$*%$ get testy that some of the snow was still on the road! OK Pard Glad I could help, (ya (&(&%#)

The sidewalk in front of my place is curved, so I try blow the edge, following the curve, to provide a guide for the sidewalk plow to follow.\Halfway through, I notice my snow-blower pulling to one side. Flat Tire, nearly off the rim and I can't inflate it, so remove the tire and rim and off to Canadian Tire. Needs an inner tube.

Back home, tire and rim re-installed, I start to blow out the space between my place and my neighbours and jam the augers and the impeller on an aluminum driveway marker that's found it's way on to the pathway leading to to the air intakes for the furnace, fireplace and the On-Demand water heater I have to clear of snow.

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!.

THEN, I go the the LTC Home to spend some time with Sherron and find the lot not only not plowed but full of cars, trucks and SUVs scattered high wide and handsome. No way am I trying to squeeze into that tangle.

So I had to park on the street.

I get home to a phone call from Rooster Corrigan, Territorial Governor, that tomorrows match, Gunfight at the Winter Camp is cancelled until March 5.

So how was your day?

• Like 1