SASS Wire Forum

The thing I find the hardest to do when shooting with Mud Marine ,,,, Is not Smiling !!!

I have shot with him several times ....

Jabez Cowboy

• Haha 1

I've got one of them 20 inch Spanish SxS 10 ga 3 1/2 in chambers.  I load a full square of ffg Goex and it will get a "take cover" reaction everytime.  Its a tank.  Goes with my full bore flaming 44's.

Rev

• Like 2

Chewed on bear sign and drowned it down with coal black coffee.  Slipped and slided to town and back with the missus,  still no ammo for the old Winchesters.  I've been wanting to shoot 40-82 and 32-40 so will have to figure this out in this cold weather.  

Rev.....get off my lawn!!!!!

Hey REV.

That 40-82 can be a lot of Fun .... I used ta load her up with 230 gr. Cast RNFP bullets  over H-4350 ...

Or a case full of Goex 3F ....

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Hey REV.

That 40-82 can be a lot of Fun .... I used ta load her up with 230 gr. Cast RNFP bullets  over H-4350 ...

Or a case full of Goex 3F ....

Jabez Cowboy 

I gotta find some brass for it.  Hard to come by. 

Well, the original plan for today was to have the new storage building delivered, but with rain over the weekend we are waiting for Wednesday. Be good to get the stuff out of the garage so I can get the reloading bench built and start reloading again. "Nother cup of coffee sounds good, the Missus is making potato soup for lunch. Missing my grump today!

I'm Staying Indoors ,,, To cold for the next 3 Days ...

Coffee and Hay available You figure Which is for You ...

Jabez Cowboy

Blizzard here today, then, it's supposed to warm up above freezing. 

It'll be a nice heavy mess to clear out.

GRUMP!

Last night I got home from a 6 day stay in hospital, first a ride to the Local ER , the a ride to the CCU ( critical care Unit ) in Calgary  after 3 hours and another incident , a Ride to another Hospital and their ICU for further Teatment , after 4  days . I was rolled in a wheelchair down an seemingly never ending hallway up the elevator to Unit 94 for further assessment , recovery and then discharge ...

I had Large Blood Clots in Both Lungs and a Mega Clot between my heart and lungs ...

I'm so grateful that My wife was Here and got the ball rolling, with-out Her I would likely be dead .

So 3 Ambulance Rides , 3 hospitals , and 6 days and one good nights sleep later I sit here Typing this ... GOD is good and has been with me all the way ...

Jabez Cowboy    

• Like 2

Praying here! I've had blood clots in both lungs twice! Watch your meds!

Oh Lord Walt, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles!

Thank God your good wife was there.

Yep it's really Good my Good wife was Home as I only Got ONE ...

And I would be dead if she hadn't been here ...

I was really looking forward to a bunch of CAS this year , and already my favorite Shoot of the season is cancelled...:(

And it looks like going South to shoot is out as Well :(...

Dr. says my heart is responding far better than I have a right to expect  and my blood pressure is Very Good 118/ 72 ....

I am easily tired but overall feeling much better than 3 months ago ...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 2

Jabez you seemed to have a guardian angel riding shotgun with you.  Glad you're on the mend with a good wife and pards around who care.  

keep them buzzards at bay, we'll keep you in our prayers.  Angels are still on duty taking calls.

• Like 2

Good thing I do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :unsure:

Coffee and Bearsign fer da Grumps ,,,,,

Who is coming West to shoot .....

Jabez Cowboy

HUMPH!

Page THREE (3)

Ignoring my warnings are you?

Cdn Smart Car Winter Package.jpg

• Like 1

Jabez, glad to hear your feeling better. Take life easy and build back your strength. I hope to see you at Granum this spring since Alberta Annie has announced their dates already. This morning I got an email from the Canadian Historical Arms Society they shoot at the Genesee Shooting Range, west of Leduc.

"CHAS Cowboy Action shooters league will be hosting two shoots, at the Genesee Range.

July 24th & 25th

August 28th & 29th"

Have you ever head of this group or shot at the range?

• Like 1

Just saw that Jabez has been down for a while. that makes me grumpy, then I looked out and saw that he Exported a bunch of Canada weather all the way to Tennessee, that make me nuts. And ,of course, Jersey Bratt has to go to work this morning. 

GET OFF THE LAWN

Imis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dapper Dynamite Dick said:

Jabez, glad to hear your feeling better. Take life easy and build back your strength. I hope to see you at Granum this spring since Alberta Annie has announced their dates already. This morning I got an email from the Canadian Historical Arms Society they shoot at the Genesee Shooting Range, west of Leduc.

"CHAS Cowboy Action shooters league will be hosting two shoots, at the Genesee Range.

July 24th & 25th

August 28th & 29th"

Have you ever head of this group or shot at the range?

AFS has posted their dates for 2021.  

May 28-30

June 18-20

July 30 - Aug 02

Sep 10-12

I'll check with the AFS exec to see if they have any info on the CHAS.  I'm wondering if this is the Edmonton group that lost their range at Spruce Grove a couple of years back.  Will advise

• Thanks 1

Cheer up Imis. You'll soon be getting some Glow-Ball Warming.

(We used to call it SPRING, but Al Gore, David Suzuki et al couldn't make money on that)

11.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

AFS has posted their dates for 2021.  

May 28-30

June 18-20

July 30 - Aug 02

Sep 10-12

I'll check with the AFS exec to see if they have any info on the CHAS.  I'm wondering if this is the Edmonton group that lost their range at Spruce Grove a couple of years back.  Will advise

The AFS president believes it is the Edmonton group that lost their range at Spruce Grove. He mentions the alias Jayhawk as being connected to it.  I might know Jayhawk to see him, but the alias doesn't ring  a bell.

• Like 1

I know Jayhawk he's related to Doc. Thompson ....

Shoot with him often , at least 3 times in 2020 ...

Jabez Cowboy

11 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

I know Jayhawk he's related to Doc. Thompson ....

Shoot with him often , at least 3 times in 2020 ...

Jabez Cowboy

Is Jayhawk Doc's brother?  I remember Doc's brother shooting at Rocky Mountain House when their Dad, Wildrose was alive but, I haven't seen him since.

Howdy Rev Willy:

Done been a little busy  What with almost dying , Catching up on some of my smithing Jobs, Pastoring a Small Church and trying to heal ....

Haven't had much time ta scan fer Younkers on da Lawn ...

Good ta see you dropping back in and checking up on us ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Jabez, almost is the key word.  Dont go crawling under the dirt before your time.  Been there myself with pneumonia 4X, twice in both lungs but I'm still aggravating my pretty little red head.    Heal up deep inside where it counts.  

Someone's gotta check on the grump level. 

Good to see you Jabez, you grumpy old fart! You are not allowed to kick the bucket! Do you realize how many people you would inconvenience if you did? We would all have to come up with nice things to say about you! Darn, there are some really sensitive people out there! Stretching the truth about what happened during a bad stage is one thing, but this ................................... geez! 

• Like 1

Snow all melted today, washed the driveway down and then my truck, now I get to be lazy while Jersey Bratt works til 10pm. Just dont get close to my soggy lawn.

Imis

Actually went and got the truck washed today. Holy cats! $11! I'm gonna get a bucket and long handled scrub brush before I do that again! Grump, grump, grump

• Like 1

Took My Honda 1200 Shadow Spirit out for a ride yesterday, and didn't even turn on the handwarmers ,,, 

This morning there is a 1/2 inch of fresh snow on things ...

My buddy Ed and I are planning on trying to get in a ride every month of the year, we started last September and have ridden every month since ....

My favorite Shoot of the year is Cancelled ,,,,,,,,,,,, talk about making Me Grumpy !!!!

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 1

It snowed in the Hat this morning also. Burnt Bacon and I hit the indoor range every Wednesday morning for a bit of practice. Generally it is only her and myself 3 out of every 4 weeks we shoot.

Bottom of page 4 ,,,, Shame of US ...

Good thing CLK didn't see it ...

Fresh hot Coffee while waiting for the Doctor to call about my MRI results ...

Jabez Cowby

• Like 1