SASS Wire Forum

Page 4 ,,, Good thing I got Here before CLK ,,,, OR you would be getting more Canadiana  ......

Coffee Hot and Made This Year Fresh .... And Pumpkin Biscuits hot from da oven ...

Happy New Year ,,, Let's make Smoke ....

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1

Rev. Willy now Ya done it Them's Pumpkin Biscuits was made by the Boss , an she says your slight is going ta hurt You ...

Ifin I was You I'd be hiding ... Good ta see you while Ya is still healthy ...;)

Jabez Cowboy 

Edited by Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129
  • Like 2

Grump, grump, grump....had a SxS beat my knuckles up today...even shucked empties perfectly.

How did Santy Clause treat everyone?

Not CAS, but I got a Canadian G-19 from SWMBO and a spare barrel and guide rod from my son, Big Red.

Santa & I had an agreement, if we wanted something just buy it. It works for us. Not much for Cowboy stuff, by the end of November I had all my ammo reloaded (hopefully) for a full 2021 season. In case that doesn't pan out,  I been working on my 3 gun kit, trying to build a replacement due to the AR's being banned for use until they confiscate them. Maybe I can fit in a few matches there, anything just to get out of the darn house!

• Sad 1

"And Now for the rest of the Story " Little D.D. Dick behaves such as Santa got so tired of Hauling all that Coal , that he made a deal with the for-mentioned 

Feller,,, To just Remove him from Both the Naughty list and the Nice list that he never once got close to getting on !!!

And that feller just keeps right on doing what he can to cause trouble ...

Pull up a Stump grab a cup of Joe , instead of just lurking in the Shadows D.D. D. ....

Fer Grumps that don't know better, be warned his tales can peel the paint of da Walls ...:wacko: :huh:

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paint peeling tales?

Humm

Do tell

By the way DDD, welcome to the GRUMPS.

Now Grump On and remember who brought you the AR and it's like ban to us.

CLD, I do drop in occasionally. According to the facebook rumor mill, Junior wants to go to the polls this year. Maybe we can stop all this foolishness.

• Like 1

A won't say DDD is Cheap but, Do you still get 2,592.5 loads from a pound of powder ?

And he's really Old and Grumpy... 

But he is the Master of the Whine ....^_^ :wacko: :huh:

What Your First Shoot of the Year DDD ?

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 1

Guess I might not remain a Canadian Much Longer ,,, EH ...

Coffee and Pumpkin Biscuits fer da Grumps ,,, Hay and Water fer da Steads... Plenty of space to circle the Tin Wagons ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Speaking of Tin Wagons, I made it out to the RV repair shop to retrieve the cabin batteries from the motor home and look at the progress on the repairs I requested.

Not a thing done since October.

Now, here's the question:

Should I put on the steel toed boots or the pointy toed cowboy boots to kick some a$$?

49 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Guess I might not remain a Canadian Much Longer ,,, EH ...

Coffee and Pumpkin Biscuits fer da Grumps ,,, Hay and Water fer da Steads... Plenty of space to circle the Tin Wagons ...

Jabez Cowboy 

We have a really fun group down here in Arkansas!

I am a little spoiled Here The View from my deck includes Chiefhead Mountain in Montana , Crowsnest Mountain on the Alberta Boarder and Thunder Mountain also in Alberta Canada. And a bunch of Mountains between the three mentioned.

I'm a hour drive from the rockies , 40 minutes from the Lake where the Alberta's  Record Northern Pike was Caught , 10 minutes drive from my CAS club...and 15 minutes drive to A Blue Label Cut-throat Trout Stream ...

I have just over 7 1/2 acers of Land that keeps away nosy neighbors , and I live in Cowboy Country . where the hitch rack outside the A & W gets used ...

But the government is trying to wreck all this ... That's realy Sad ...

Jabez Cowboy  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You're making me homesick.

(And a little jealous)

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

You know, You are always welcome to stop by Here ...Kid.

Why is it that all the Kids in this Game ,,, have grey hair or little hair ???

I sure missed the gang gathering in the yard after our Shoots and visiting for a day or two , or coming a few days early ...

Seems long time ago that we had the Wagon Train of shooters going from Sask. Ab. and on out to B.C.

Well anyone watching the Flames Playing in the New Covid NHL ?

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Just a sittin' here enjoying a cup my ownself.

Cleared the driveway.

Then cleaned off the mound after the sidewalk plow went by.

Then had to clean the mouth of the driveway, twice, after the street plow went by a couple of times.

I got to shoot several different arms today , tested some ammo and saw friends. What could be better.

But just to stay in character Get off the Lawn

Imis

• Like 1

CLK ; Ya need to train them to Plow the street Twice, Plow the Side Walk ,,,, Then Ya can Clean da driveway ...

No snow Here Took the Shadow for a ride to town to get the Mail Friday and didn't even need to turn on the Handwarmers ....

Keep on Grumping ....

Jabez Cowboy

Edited by Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129
  • Like 1

I need help!

El Patron ain't near as much fun as they told me it would be.  I want to go back. Ain't nobody here 'cept a few grumpy ol farts.

Edited by Noz
  • Like 2

I mentioned to a whippersnapper I was a proud member of GOFWG and they stood there with mouth gaping open and a glazed look.   After I explained it to them they got a scared teary eyed look in their eyes.  I don't know if it was how I gently explained it or the double barrelled shotgun on my lap.  

Get off my lawn.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Noz said:

I need help!

El Patron ain't near as much fun as they told me it would be.  I want to go back. Ain't nobody here 'cept a few grumpy ol farts.

Noz: 

Have you ever shot with Mud Marine? he's older than dirt .... Last time I shot with him He was using a 10 Ga Double along with full case loads of Holly Black in Rifle and Pistols ...  I was using .45 colt in my 66 and Cattlemen, with 37.7 gr. Goex 3F and my hammered 12 ga. double using 4.3 cc Goex 3F under 1 3/16 oz of shot ...

But I want it noted that I is Way younger than Ole Muddy ....

If there's a class for Mud Marine it should be called "Way Older Than Dirt "

From seeing your posts on the Wire I think you might enjoy being Book-ended by Muddy and I ...

I believe he's planning to come North for the SASS Canadian Nationals this Sept ... COVID allowing ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:54 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Oh-Oh

Page three.

You all know what that means!

0df.jpg

As John Wayne said more than once in the movie, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, "You will learn never to apologize, it's a sign of weakness."

• Like 1

Only 2,188 rounds out of a pound for Burnt Bacons .38's, 1707 rounds out of a pound for .44's. Burnt Bacon is down in Claresholm tomorrow with her sister and her mother looking at real estate for her mom. I've just been rumbling along trying to get a .30 cal carbine ready, just in case somebody holds a 3 gun match this year. Given the way Junior organized the Phizer (sp) injections it will be 2050 before everyone is inoculated and can cross the border.

• Sad 1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:57 AM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Noz: 

Have you ever shot with Mud Marine? he's older than dirt .... Last time I shot with him He was using a 10 Ga Double along with full case loads of Holly Black in Rifle and Pistols ...  I was using .45 colt in my 66 and Cattlemen, with 37.7 gr. Goex 3F and my hammered 12 ga. double using 4.3 cc Goex 3F under 1 3/16 oz of shot ...

But I want it noted that I is Way younger than Ole Muddy ....

If there's a class for Mud Marine it should be called "Way Older Than Dirt "

From seeing your posts on the Wire I think you might enjoy being Book-ended by Muddy and I ...

I believe he's planning to come North for the SASS Canadian Nationals this Sept ... COVID allowing ...

Jabez Cowboy

Burnt Bacon & I shot with him in Noxon Montana about 3 years ago. He was still shooting a 10 gauge at 93, what a fantastic trooper to shoot with.

You have failed to heed the warning:

You will now be subjected to a Canadian posting to bring this up from page 3

3uy2lh.jpg

On 1/21/2021 at 1:20 PM, Dapper Dynamite Dick said:

Burnt Bacon & I shot with him in Noxon Montana about 3 years ago. He was still shooting a 10 gauge at 93, what a fantastic trooper to shoot with.

He was at the Canadians at Rocky Mountain House back in 2011 + or - 1 yr and he wore his period USMC whites