SASS Wire Forum

I'm sitting here with an aching back, having a coffee and waiting for the pain killer pills to kick in.

Don't know what caused this, but it's day two and the big match for my club is this Saturday.

So, I'm GRUMPY!

Just ur BACK?

Sometimes I have to pop some pills for my knee a hour before I plan to go out, but I'm still above ground......

Look'n over  Henry catalog and wish'n, look'n over a Sun Tracker pontoon boat catalog, gette'n close to a decision.

92 degrees and windy, 75 and grumpy.

Carlos Murphy

This Friday Starts our Fall Shoot , Side Matches at 3pm. ,,,, Swap Meet at 5pm.  Pot Luck at 6:30pm.

Saturday Main Match starts at 9am. 6 stages ,,, followed by Side Matches ( for those that didn't shoot them on Friday )

Followed by Cook your own Steak just the way you want it with all the fixings ... Side match awards......

Sunday 9am. Main Match 6 more stages ,,,, Followed  by the Team Shoot .... And Awards....

Jabez Cowboy

Packed and ready to head out for a shoot tomorrow, everybody better get out of my way on the highway, I ain't kiddin' neither!!:huh:

Well, First Place Senior Duelist at the OVM annual.

Mind you, it was a small category.

OK, OK I'll admit, I was the only one shooting it. But still.........:ph34r:

I had a lot of fun though, in spite of my knees:D

Too bad I have to pass on Wild Bunch today.

I shot JW this past Sat,  came in #1 in category, also last in category and at the bottom of the pack overall. But I had fun and provided some comic relief for the rest of the folks. The lawn has been mowed but yall can just stay off of it anyway. GRUMP

Imis

First Place FCD .....

Coffee is on Me .....

Unpack and Repack for the Island Run ,,,, 7 days shooting in two weeks including the Canadian SASS Nationals .....

Need lot's of ammo taking 200 rounds for each of my Long Range Rifles ,,,, Bout 500 each ( .44 Spl. .38 WCF ) fer main matches .... 200 Shotshells ...

Some .45 Colt ,,, fer fun .....

Jabez Cowboy

Went shoot'n yesterday and picked up a nail in my r/r tire.

Rear tires on on the ware-bars sos went to Les Schwab tires, they wanted $657.28 total to replace the rear tires on my X-5 BMW.

Got on line when I got home and did a search and found WalMart had the tires for $269.96 + mounting and balancing (about 50 bucks)

That's savings of $347.32, lesson learned.

Its get'n harder to stay grumpy.

Stay off my hot lawn!

Carlos Murphy

Edited by Carlos Murphy # 873

GRUMP!

Been trying to get to the range to make sure the sights on the 1874 Sharps haven't shifted, for over a week.

So far, things have only made it as far as the office/computer room each time, before something else comes up that HAS to be dealt with before I go anywhere.

I knew Tuesday was a no because of a hospital day patient trip for SWMBO and Wednesday is no go because of a range inspection by the CFO inspector.

And the Buffalo Rifle Match is Saturday.

GRUMP!

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

I worked at the range today in prep for the coming Tn State Match, burned a brush pile, worked on the driveway with the tractor and painted a little. Im tired and grumpy, but it is a good grumpy

Imis    get off the lawn

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna shoot our main match this weekend and head to Utah to see my brother the following weekend so it will be difficult to be grumpy but I shall "Endeavor to persevere"

Get off the lawn

Imis

Da Smokie one, with my Open-Top in .44 Special a bucking ?

I named my Open-tops "Buck" and "Boom" ,,, Navy Grips , .44 Russian/.44 Colt/.44 Special , 7 1/2 inch barrels....  Names engraved on Back Straps....

I call my .45 Colt Cattlemen ,,," Fire" and "Brimstone" ...

Coffee and Cookies fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Been busy dang it, bought a boat......:(

20' pontoon with a 90 hp Honda.

Now I kin shoot da fishes too.

Cool'n off, short summer.

Lawns still green so keep off!!!

Carlos Murphy

Get aboard ,,,,, Capt. Carlos  needs a crew ..... Fer his new Boat ...

Shame on all Us Grumps Page 4 ....

Jabez Cowboy

Took SWMBO south of the Medicine Line for a break away and do some clothes shopping.

Hard for her to do that these days, but I took her wheelchair and she got to select some things.

That was the good part.

Bad part was the bed was too soft and our backs ached.

Sure missed our firm mattress.

The Alberta Frontier Shootists had their last shoot two weeks ago however, there is still lever action silhouette at Trochu on Oct 6th if there isn't any snow on the ground.

Ain't never been in PA, born in Rochester, N.Y., living in Gardnerville, Nv. since Aug of 03, love it.

Been a grump since I had to start paying taxes.

Lawns still green and warm so stay off!

Carlos Murphy

I have been through Pennsylvania but never feet on the ground. I am back from Utah, looking forward to the Tn St Match in two weeks, the the SE Regional two weeks later. I ordered a nonSASS gun from Buds on Monday and they called me today to say it is in. I get to go to the gunshop that belongs to the Barretts, of big boomer fame to pick it up. I have absolutely no reason to be grumpy, but have never failed to rise to the occasion. So all you misfits and ner-do-wells-GET OFF THE LAWN

Imis

Edited by Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646

GRUMP!
Humid around here right now and rain at Cornwall tomorrow, so my knees are too sore to shoot the newly arrived Texas Star. 

Dang! I hate missing any more matches.

And Stay Off The Lawn!

I just over-seeded it!!