SASS Wire Forum

Headed Out to the B.C. Provincials ,,, Palmers Gulch shoot Wed. Am.

Need to do my list Of chores before .....

So where is Ya all ???

Jabez Cowboy

On 6/20/2019 at 6:08 PM, Carlos Murphy # 873 said:

Yeah, I been fly'n, my R/C B-17 and my Spitfire.

Beautiful day, 81 and sunny.

Doc says I got about 5 years on my pacemaker before it needs to be replaced.

Banana bread with vanilla ice cream and sweet ice tea fer them that want some.

Lawns in good shape, nobody's been on it!

Carlos Murphy

Carlos,

I got 8 years out of my first PM/ICD. One night SWMBO says “What’s that beeping noise?” I don’t know I’m deaf. Next night same sound. She says “It’s you, your beeping!”

Went to the Doc, he says “Yep, batteries just about shot.” “ You have about three months left before they go completely.” “We’ll replace the whole thing, new tech is better now.” “ Oh, do you want me to turn off the beep?”

Well yeah, who wants to wake up beeping in the middle of the night?

At least this time he tested the new one while I was out on the table. The first Doc installed it while I was awake and then says, without explanation, “I’m going to tickle your heart, OK?” Like grabbing a 240 volt wire, without notice!! Believe me I know, I was an EM3 in the Navy. 

Keep the the Faith!

Cactus Jack

• Like 1

Raining here in Ottawa. 

Looks like it may be one of "those" summers around here: Cool and wet.

No matches until July 5, then off to Cornwall and Ruff's Regulators.

Now get off the lawn!

On 6/25/2019 at 7:22 PM, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Carlos,

I got 8 years out of my first PM/ICD. One night SWMBO says “What’s that beeping noise?” I don’t know I’m deaf. Next night same sound. She says “It’s you, your beeping!”

Went to the Doc, he says “Yep, batteries just about shot.” “ You have about three months left before they go completely.” “We’ll replace the whole thing, new tech is better now.” “ Oh, do you want me to turn off the beep?”

Well yeah, who wants to wake up beeping in the middle of the night?

At least this time he tested the new one while I was out on the table. The first Doc installed it while I was awake and then says, without explanation, “I’m going to tickle your heart, OK?” Like grabbing a 240 volt wire, without notice!! Believe me I know, I was an EM3 in the Navy. 

Keep the the Faith!

Cactus Jack

CJ,

My PM/ICD was installed last January, I was on the table again in March to repair a lead.

Again on the first week in April for the same thing.

Three weeks later went in for a regular check to find one lead was emitting too strong a single that would shorten the life of the battery so they shut down that lead.

Wonder whats next.......

I told them to stop buying these things from WalMart, if they bought them from EBAY in bulk they would get free shipping.

Carlos Murphy

Lawns good , fer now!

Edited by Carlos Murphy # 873

Carlos,

Good luck with those lead thingies. Hope they get them fixed. 

I believe I’m still using the originals. Guess I’m lucky.

The first PM Dr asked me if I hunted. Installed it on my left side so a long gun wouldn’t pound it.

He was a thinker, paying attention to patient needs. I never would have thought to say anything until it was too late.

The second one who replaced the PM with an ICD was the one who jolted me. I think they had to install a third lead as the ICD needs three (not 100% sure of that).

The third Dr replaced the ICD when the battery ran down did a good job., no jolt.

Lawns drying up. The town sprayed the lake for water weeds.

No irrigation for 1.5 weeks or no lawn at all. ;)

Cactus Jack 

Page 3 on CANADA DAY!

Better not let Jabez see this.

Happy Canada Day.

Maple Leaf.jpg

Canadian Armed Forces.gif

See What ?????

Reminds me of da Time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Coffee fer da Grumps

Got home from the Palmers Gulch Shoot Tue. evening  ,,,, Going to Our Shoot Friday ...

Jabez Cowboy

Hey yall My Pa Blue Boy was a Grump from back in the 2005 era. He was 100 years old yesterday. Say Happy Birthday or I will salt your lawns.

Imis and stay off my lawn, I need to mow

Edited by Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646

Congratulations Blue Boy ,,,, 100 a Mile Stone I'll likely never see ...

Have a GRUMPY GRUMPY Birthday ....

Once a Grump Always a Grump !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Page 3 ,,,,,, at the Bottom .....

Bad Form !!!

Awake and Go forth Grumps ...

Had a good Shoot ,66 shooters for 2.5 days of shooting ....

Jabez Cowboy

On 6/27/2019 at 2:13 PM, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Carlos,

Good luck with those lead thingies. Hope they get them fixed. 

I believe I’m still using the originals. Guess I’m lucky.

The first PM Dr asked me if I hunted. Installed it on my left side so a long gun wouldn’t pound it.

He was a thinker, paying attention to patient needs. I never would have thought to say anything until it was too late.

The second one who replaced the PM with an ICD was the one who jolted me. I think they had to install a third lead as the ICD needs three (not 100% sure of that).

The third Dr replaced the ICD when the battery ran down did a good job., no jolt.

Lawns drying up. The town sprayed the lake for water weeds.

No irrigation for 1.5 weeks or no lawn at all. ;)

Cactus Jack 

You need some jumper cables.  The are on sale at Harbor Freight.  Got some really little ones for electric watches, too.  :rolleyes:  :D

On 5/3/2016 at 6:17 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Now I'm really grumpy since I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Come on up here and I'll show you.  They go good with almost any kind of coffee and I've been known to eat a half dozen for breakfast.

Besides, you need to come up north every now and again to retain your sanity.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

You need some jumper cables.  The are on sale at Harbor Freight.  Got some really little ones for electric watches, too.  :rolleyes:  :D

Yeah, Harbor Freight.

I told the doc that they should stop buying the defib/pacemakers at Walmart and order them from ebay, at least that way they would get free shipping.....

Page 3 ?????????

Where is all da Grumps ??  Out a Shooting I Hope ...

Coffee and Rubarb Raisin Pie fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

Edited by Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129

Never fear cuz I is here.

Just re-o-lized this year is my 30th anniversary with SASS, wheres my silver bullet?

My first big shoot was was BOOMTOWN in Santa Clarita, Ca. VERY HOT!

There was a wedding during lunch, we all stood in a circle and fired our shotguns in the air after the I do's.

There was a buck skinner there with a donkey, the donkey carried his guns and other equipment and was VERY mellow because so many people were petting him all the time.

Lawns green, nobody's on it.

Drinking tomato juice and listing to Rush on the radio.

Carlos Murphy SASS 873

I mowed this morning. We have been watching the remains of TS Barry just a few miles west of here and have gotten almost no rain from it.

Blue Boy had a great birthday,  lots of gals makin over him. Hard to be grumpy when thats going on. We are gearing up for the TN State match in October, then going to the SE Regional later in Oct also. I continue to struggle with shooting duelist with short thumbs, yes my hammers have been modified and still can barely reach them.  Oh well...GET OFF THE LAWN  oh that feels better

Imis  I think i was GOFWG #252 or so. Anybody still have the list?

Tell Blue Boy , Howdy from Me ....

Now that them's Womens got's their hands often him and he's back ta thinkin Straight....

Ya know the bunch of Ya should come up here an Shoot, he's not gettin any younger ....

Coffee and Bacon, Eggs and pan fried taters... fer da grumps !!!

Now git offten da Lawn any yonkers afore I's throw some smoke yer way ...

Jabez Cowboy

Shot the Queensland  Plainsman State Titles last w-end..what a blast , 10 stages of pure BP fun.

Run the Toro over the top of the Winter grass yesterday, whipper snipped & some gardening..looks a treat.

Big shoot last week of July..got some Pards comin' from Missouri..gunna' show em' around our parts..

Aint got any more news.

Best ya'go mow some....

Best wishes to all the Grumps..

Bought a new toy, to shoot in the house.....

On a whim I bought a ASL AR-15 Air Soft rifle.

What a kick in the shorts to shoot in the house into a pellet trap I made and using Shoot n See targets.

I put a red dot on it and shooting at 18 yards in the house and hitting the bulls eye every time and when I flip her to FULL AUTO she just shreds the target. Its electric powered and the mag holds 350 rounds and if I were to hand the rifle to you you would swear its the real thing.

Ammo is REAL cheap AND..... reusable.

Carlos (there's a sniper in the house) Murphy

Keep off my lawn now.....fer sure!

GET OFF THE LAWN

Jabez we dont get to travel much with my caretaking of Blue Boy. Mebbe after...

Imis now I got that off my chest i feel a lot better

I shot Josey Wales yesterday and won my category, I was also last in my category. It was fun, fraught with wobbles and blunders, but fun. I dont need to mow for a day or two- that is not an invitation to you ner-do-wells to tramp all over the grass. Iffin ya come visit that would be great but stay on the concrete

Imis.

One person category, a dream come true.

Friend a mine built a early VW bus with a Olds Tornado engine in the back, won every car show he went to, no body else in his class.

Been look'n at a Taylor's & Company 1860 Henry, brass frame in .45 CL, still look'n, big bucks.

99 degrees today, stay off my hot lawn.

Carlos Murphy

I need a new set of Revolvers in .38-40 ,,, 5.5 inch barrels Blued and Cased  .... Why ,,,, Because I want them ....

Jabez Cowboy

Howdy ;

Ta all da Grumps .....

Been downstairs ( Cooler ) loading 12 shotshells with Goex and Expensive Shot ,,,,, first shot I have had to buy in 25 years ....

I used up several tons of Reclaimed shot I got while I still shot Skeet .... It was a mix of 8 and 9 shot mostly and worked just fine for Cowboy loads ...

And the price was Great, I helped with the Work of reclaiming it and then paid $100 a ton for it ...

Anyhoo Coffee is Fresh and Hot and da Apple Pie is just out of the oven .... Got to let it Cool a Bit ....

Tuesday was hot here 100 F.  Wedsday only hit 90 F.

Jabez Cowboy

Page 4 ,,,, and on the Bottom at that !!!!!!

Won't Do .....

Now pull up a Stump and tell me all your Problems .....

Fresh Hot Coffee ..

Jabez Cowboy

Nope, wont do it!

Weathers good, foods good, guns good, ammos good, get'n.....BE'N old sucks!!!

Go'n to the Walmart ta git my prescriptions....AGAIN!

Carlos Murphy do'n my job be'n grumpy.

Don't even bother get'n ON my lawn, just stay AWAY from it!

I have spent two days this week rebuilding a stage for the Tn State match. It was HOT, I tend to perspire, a lot. But the lawn grass is not growing as fast. I am going to shoot the SE Regional this year also. But I will grump about page three just cause I can. no new toys for me for a while i reckon. That will make ya GRUMPY

Imis