SASS Wire Forum

Beans beans their good for your hart....

If the "green new deal" happens there will be liberals and hippies running around cow pastures with bags trying to capture cow fats..... will they be coming after us too?

Beautiful warm and sunny day here at my duplex, soon my gardener will show up to make the place pretty.

Carlos Murphy

Hard to be grumpy today.

Edited by Carlos Murphy # 873
item

Well now,  not trying to be too grumpy here, but.....  it sure is great to be alive.  Literally.   I've had my third bout in my life with pneumonia and didn't know if I was going to make it this time.  I've rounded a corner and on the mend, thank the Lord.  I'm planning on getting to a match soon.  Had one under my belt this year and have got to get the BP out soon before I dry up completely.  Miss all of you but don't take that for me getting soft.  

Church fund getting low boys, two old quarters, kleenex and someone's rusty pocketknife. 

GOFWG #250

Edited by Rev Willy Dunkum, SASS # 61027

Howdy Rev. :

Good ta see YA is viewing da grass from da Green side ....

Cookies and Coffee fer all the Grumps ....

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez you been minding the proper etiquette for this unworthy level of ne'er do wells?  Whats become of Old Blue?

Dad blasted young nincompoops at work has got me all riled up.  

Watch'n a western with Fred McMurray, he's never been a credible "cowboy" far is I'm concerned.

My new Remington Sheriff's models sure do shoot purdy with .45LC.

Got a few empties fer the church cannon fund and a few live Mosin Nagant rnds too.

After midnight, time ta hit the sack.

Carlos Murphy

Stay grumpy and keep off the lawn!

Don't eat too much ,,,,,,,,,,,,, it will slow YA down ....

Then da little Folk can capture Ya a Tickle YA ....

Jabez Cowboy

Yeah, yeah I'm up.... watching Fox and perusing the "firearms trading post" at reno4x4.com

Ad in local paper for NIB Springfield M1A, M14 still in box, walnut stock, magazines 10 and 20 rnd, 200 rnds ammo, $1,600.00

Very tempting.........

Weather in the 70 80 range for the next week, great shooting weather don't cha know.

Carlos Murphy

Keep off my soon to be cut lawn!

Flooding here.

Called out the Army to help out and relieve the folks filling sandbags.

Looks like it'll be worse than 2017, with more rain forecast for the next few days.

Creek beside my place looks like it's running well, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

AND STAY OFF MY LAWN!

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

Cold Lake Kid; I hope Ya can manage to Stay out of da Lake / Creek ...

Wishing all the Cowboys down Yer way Safety and dry feet ...

I'm jest a setting here , a looking at Shoot Registrations fer da year Eating Lemmon Poppy seed Loaf an Drinking Coffee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Wondering How Big a Mortgage I will need to afford the fuel to shoot Dawn Till Dusk in 1897 at Mission B.C. in May,, Palmers Gulch at Kamloops in July ,, The Salmonella Gulch and the SASS Nationals on the Island in Aug/ Sept...

My Motorhome Can't seem to run on Bull droppings and Fairy Dust like our PM's jet seems to ....

Keep da Lawn trimmed and da Yunkers a Ducking ...

Coffee an Loaf fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

Ottawa Valley Marauders have had to cancel their April 27 opening match, due to the weather.

Too bad, 'cause it looked like a good one.

I couldn't have made it but DANG!

Strange says it will be moved to July.

I think I'll be able to make that one; Maybe the one next weekend at Cornwall with Ruff's Regulators too!

That would be alright after all the ones I had to miss last year. 

Creek beside my place is rising again, but it's running and doesn't appear to be blocked.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Now get off my lawn!

Ya know back in da olden Days before "Global Warming" we used to blast those Ice Dams ,,,,,to stop flooding..........

Had a Right Snappy Snow Storm last night here ,,, everything is all covered in White ....

Coffee fer da Grumps ....

Jabez Cowboy

HeHeHeHe...  71 and sunny, dry here in northern Nevada, Carson and Walker rivers running strong from snow melt in the mountains.

Keep yur boots dry and stay off my lawn.

Coffee and sin-amin buns fer da grumps.

Carlos Murphy

Thanks fer them's Sin-amin buns an Coffee ....

Ta snow is melting fast ...... Sloppy out there ....

Watching da Jays Game ...

Jabez Cowboy

Hey Jabez!

Shall I wrap these up for ya or is it still melting??

DSCF1989.JPG

DSCF1991.JPG

Stirthepot2.gif

Cold Lake KID ;

I have several sets should I need them ,,,, But thanks ...

Snow is mostly gone already ,,, things is starting to green up ,,,,, Spring may have Sprung ....

Coffee and Banna loaf ....

Jabez Cowboy

On 4/19/2019 at 8:39 PM, Rev Willy Dunkum, SASS # 61027 said:

Well now,  not trying to be too grumpy here, but.....  it sure is great to be alive.  Literally.   I've had my third bout in my life with pneumonia and didn't know if I was going to make it this time.  I've rounded a corner and on the mend, thank the Lord.  I'm planning on getting to a match soon.  Had one under my belt this year and have got to get the BP out soon before I dry up completely.  Miss all of you but don't take that for me getting soft.  

Church fund getting low boys, two old quarters, kleenex and someone's rusty pocketknife. 

GOFWG #250

Have you had the pneumonia shot?  My wife and I had the shot a couple of years ago, one shot is good for life.  When you think about it, how many people have you heard who were in the hospital for one problem or another but, ended up dying of pneumonia instead.

Take care, Rev 

It is gonna be 84 in Tennessee today . So much for our 15 minutes of spring. I washed my truck and cleaned out the garage before 10 am. guess I will reload after lunch. Probably rain Sat. for our match. GRUMP

yall get off the lawn, I just put Crab Grass control on it

Imis

Buffalo Creek Law Dog I sure did.  Had the shot 10 years ago after I recovered from double pneumonia.  Supposed to be for life.  Theres a booster after 65 but Im a few months away from that.  I wasn't too pleased but it is what it is.   I am improving 

Good weather down - under even if closing in on our winter..heck we don't get  no real cold , well not in these parts.

Shot BP last w'end..someone painted the targets blue !!...danged if I could see 'em.

Had ta mow 'da lawn twice in 2 weeks..ain't used to that !

Nuff said..got a hankerin' to go eat sum vittles.

More power to da' Grumps ...

• Like 1

Yep standing in the Sun Shooting into the Shaded timber at Dark Blue painted targets ,, spead out in the trees .....

Pistol targets from 10 - 18 yards and rifle targets from 25 - 40 yards ,,,,, Shooting full case loads of Goex in .45 colt in both rifle and Pistol ...

8 shotgun target at 10 yards in full sun ..... I was Shooting My Husky Under-lever Hammered Double ,,,,, Hot left Hand ....

Interesting Stage .....  

Cofffee made with beans from Jamacia ..... And Banna Loaf ....

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Hey Jabez!!

Did the MSM out your way show the video of Mr. Dress Up getting told by the volunteer when he visited the flood zone?

Saw it on Facebook ,,,, little people kind, denying holding-up things and when that didn't work resorting to Name calling ....

I also saw him digging sand almost as well as his kids ,,,,, but getting in the way more ....

mr. Selfie .....

Coffee fer all da Grumps ....

He's doing a bang-up job of keeping me Grumpy ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Howdy all Ya Grumps:

Coffee and Italian Shortbread Cookies ...Fer da truly Grumpy ....

Sorry Kid don't have any 97s ,,, tried them a few times and have the scars to prove it ,,, hate how the bolt skins my thumb ...

The M-12  probley  won't stay around long ,,,, but it's an honest gun made in 1950 that I'm thinking of cutting to 24 inches to try WB ...

Got to get ready for "Highway Clean-up " tomorrow ,,, it's one of our fund raisers for our work in Uganda ....

Jabez Cowboy

Water going down around Constance Bay and along the Ottawa and Rideau Rivers, but MAN the damage where the sand bag walls and berms failed.

Homes and wells contaminated from overwhelmed septic systems. Even the sand bags and the sand is affected by the contaminated water.

# 1 son and a couple of his friends were out volunteering, filling sand bags, ferrying gas to pumps where the electricity was cut off, trying to save them.

Second major flood around here since 2017, and that was a "Hundred Year Event"

Looks like building on a historical flood plain just may not be a good idea.

I have a little dirt to move around at the range but it's gonna rain today, maybe tomorrow

ya'll stay off the dirt, stay clear of the lawn , stay back from the splosians, ...just STAY, SIT, STAY

Imis wow that felt good

Imis ; can I go an eat now ????

Been sitting an Staying fer two hours now ,,,, Breakfast is getting Cold ....

Jabez Cowboy

First match since last July and the diagnosis.

Had a lot of fun and got a warm welcome from the posse.

The GRUMPY part was my misses and "P's" 

Found a picture of my namesake from the 27th Georgia.

SWMBO says she sees the family resemblance. Not sure I can.

I wonder if I can find some of those who served the Union?

DSCF0034 (2).JPG

Hey I See the resemblance ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ya both look OLD ....

Headed out to Mission B.C. in a Couple of days with the Missus and the motorcoach for a Cowboy Match ....

Three days of Shooting and Visiting... Two bad the gas is so dearly priced out there...

Coffee and Lemon Snow ( creamy desert ) fer da Grumps ,,,, Yep I know I should  eat sometime healthy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it's there in da fridge ...

Jabez Cowboy

Ahh Yes, Mr. Dress Up's Carbon Tax on top of the "No Pipe-Lines" mantra.

All in a country, I'm told, has a negative carbon impact.

Come on October!

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474