SASS Wire Forum

Hey! Painted Mohawk!

Keep your eyes peeled for my new Travelling Cowboy Pants.

They were last seen at Heathrow, London, UK, on the 25th, so they could be anywhere now.

Better let Jabez know as well. They could end up in Uganda. I already gave Dr.Dr. Bob a heads up, just in case they end up in Senegal.

And keep off the lawn. The snow is melting and it's getting soft and muddy.

15 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Hey! Painted Mohawk!

Keep your eyes peeled for my new Travelling Cowboy Pants.

They were last seen at Heathrow, London, UK, on the 25th, so they could be anywhere now.

Better let Jabez know as well. They could end up in Uganda. I already gave Dr.Dr. Bob a heads up, just in case they end up in Senegal.

And keep off the lawn. The snow is melting and it's getting soft and muddy.

I heard of some guy runnin' around Heathrow with no pants on...was dat you ?

• Haha 1

Naw, that was someone else.

It's just my new pants are on a nice trip.

I'm here in Ottawa, while they get to go on world tour.

• Like 1

Well, good news:

London, UK knows where Canada is and the pants have now traveled back across the Atlantic, to Montreal and are now in the loving hands of Canada Customs, where they are being examined to ensure they aren't any danger.

Now, as long as they don't get sent off to Iqualit, Nunavit or Yellowknife...................

Had my radioactive seed implants this AM and me and my glowing pelvis are now home, sitting gingerly on a donut, trying to keep a catheter in place and not kink the hose.

Now get off the lawn!

• Like 1

Fine Job ,,,, All Yee Grumps ...

Good ta see ya all stepping up to keeps Us in the Forefront of this Page ....

Got home a Couple of hours ago .... Things went well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, But don't worry I is Still Grumpy !!!

So ,,, Do we now have a glow in da dark Cowboy ???

I hope that all the Troubles are going away , so we can get ta the Shooting !!!

Now Git Offten Da Lawn !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez , we are glad you are back( said with a grumpy voice) and Tennessee is starting lawn mowing season so that will flat P us off. I had a short but bloody battle with the Post Office and things are resolved to my satisfaction.

Get off the weed patch

Imis

Howdy All ;

The trip went well , the B 737 Max 8 didn't Crash ... Even though the same airplane type and Airline had one crash 2 days before we were on our's ...

We got all the windows and Security bars welded in place , primed and ready for glass.

We ran a medical clinic for two days , toured a class 3 medical Clinic in a close by town with the idea of finding out what is needed to start one ...

The local Doctor ( James ) was very helpful as he came to the Village to run our temporary clinic and arranged the Tour ...

Didn't see any Lions this trip ....

Came home to see 99% of the Snow was gone, and the house was still standing ...

It is Starting to feel like Shooting weather ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1

Good to see your back in one piece Jabez, just sent you a Match Flyer for Medicine Hat 08/09 June, hope you received it. Grumpy old fart, I'm lookin forward to seeing you!

Welcome home.

Still winter here, but we're losing snow.

Sitting on a donut and taking pain killers, but they're leaving me sleepy.

Hope to be able to get to the first match April 27, even if Red and Rooster have to remind me which way the bullets go in and which end goes BANG!

Pard ,, get feeling better real soon ... Trusting you has licked this thing and are on the road back to health ...

This year is a really good year to come west to shoot ...

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez  Glad you are home safe, did good work and gettin ready to shoot some CAS. We have been working on Jersey Bratt's Mommas condo for selling it. But we shoot next weekend, mebbe Widder will show up

Imis

Cold Lake Kid :

You Easterners is a Might Strange,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sitting on a Donut ,,, out here we Eats them ...  Canadian Maple, Bosston Cream,  Honey Crullers ,,,Etc...

Anyhoo pull up a Stump and Grab a Donut and a Cup of Java and tell us your Troubles ....

Non Grumps watch-out fer "Incoming" ,,,, Now Git Offten Da Lawn !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Wake-up and smell da Coffee,,,,,, You're burning Daylight ....

Back on Top ....

Grumps Rule the Rest Drool ......

Jabez Cowboy

On 4/1/2019 at 7:12 AM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Cold Lake Kid :

You Easterners is a Might Strange,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sitting on a Donut ,,, out here we Eats them ...  Canadian Maple, Bosston Cream,  Honey Crullers ,,,Etc...

Anyhoo pull up a Stump and Grab a Donut and a Cup of Java and tell us your Troubles ....

Non Grumps watch-out fer "Incoming" ,,,, Now Git Offten Da Lawn !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Been look'n at sonthin for MY butt ta sit on, a 1973 Norton Commando on ebay, bought one brand new in 71, loved it and my butt did too.

Lawns clear.

Carlos Murphy

• Haha 1

Turned cold agin here. A little white stuff hit the ground yesterday, but it's starting to melt s - l -o - w - l - y.

Oh well, the temperature ranging up and down has the Maple sap running.

It was in the 70s F today, looks good for Sat, our April main match. I have a new truck, bought a trifold cover today. I may get out of puberty yet.

Oh,  and I mowed day before yesterday. Get off the lawn

Imis

• Sad 1

Keeping my fingers crossed the range and the road won't by too muddy and I can get the motor home in for the April 27 opening match.

If not, that hike from the graveled lot down the dirt road to the CAS range, pushing the gun cart, can be a pain for me. Literally.

On 4/3/2019 at 7:18 AM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Nice Ride ....

Show Photos

Pull up a Stump, grab a Mug of Joe let's have a look ...

Jabez Cowboy

Go to ebay, offical site, punch in Norton Commando, double click the pic, the black 1973 for $10,900.00

Don't know yet what I'm a guna, got word yesterday I need ANOTHER defib/pacemaker, #3 since Jan.

These things must be made by the lowest bidder....

Keep smil'n while ya give my lawn a wide birth.

Carlos "bionic" Murphy

Carlos  the 12 Million Dollar Man ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Inflation ....

All you grumps Should consider Coming to Western Canada this Aug. ta Shoot .... Big Doings !!!

Coffee fer da Grumps and Hay an Water fer da Hayburners.....

Plenty of room fer Tin Wagons ...

Jabez Cowboy

Cleaned and oiled the shootin' irons again, hoping the road and the parking area at the CAS range are dry enough to get in for the 27th 

Hoping to be able to shoot Classic with these.

Now, Get off my soggy lawn!

Classic Cowboy Guns 1871 Open Tops and 1866 Yellow Boy (3).JPG

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

Different Grips than my Open-tops Mine are Navy Gripped in .44 Spl. My 66 Short Rifle is in .45 Colt  and my 66 Sporting Rifle is In .38-40 ( .38 WCF )... Where is your Hammered Double ???  Mine range in Age from made in 1884 to Made in 2017.... The New Short tubed one is Made in Turkey,,,,, Not to be confused with the Turkey's YA meet on the Road ....

Coffee And Shortbread Cookies fer all ....

Now Git Offten Da Lawn !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Got all my CAS bullets made for the year, including the 45-70's in both black and smokeless.  Have to shoot the smokeless 45-70's at the silhouette shoots at Trochu and the black at Lethbridge.  and back to the smokeless for the  CAS side matches.  This is also my 6th year for black powder muzzle loading with the Alberta Black Powder Assoc.  Started off with percussion and last year I added a flinter.  Smoke and flame.  It's going to be a busy shooting summer.

It is 74F in Middle Tennessee, I need to mow again so yall stay off the lawn. Hopeing ya Grumps with health issues are able to shoot CAS for a long time.

Imis

Imis;

I noticed you are into Model Railroading ,,, My Brother-in-Law is really into that as well .... Me I just drove them on down da Rail for CPR for 8 years ....

Anyho that was a spell ago 1980- 1988....

Coffee fer da Grumps an Shortbread Cookies ...

Jabez Cowboy

What is We doing on Page 3 ???

Are we Slipping ???

Or just needing something to recharge the Grump Battries .....

Where is all da Redheads ???

Plenty of Coffee ,,, but the Shortbread Cookies is Bout gone ...

Who's coming West to Shoot this Year???

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez  There seems be a shortage of redheads around the South this year. My blond has several redhead kids and grands, they dont shoot. We do. I been liking trains since I was about 4 feet tall. Never worked for them though. That had to have been interesting, boring, crazy all at the same time.. Gonna mow again today then shoot this sat. 

Yall be well, well off my lawn

Imis 

Yes, trains are cool!

I've been to the Train museum in Carson City, been on the Virginia & Truckee railway steam train ride from Carson City to Virginia City and through gold country. When I live in the San Francisco bay area had dinner on one of the wine country trains, I'm not a wine "connoisseur" had to look that up..... but enjoyed it very much.

I like garden trains and watch them on youtube once in a while.

Carlos Murphy

Lawns git'n warm sos keep off!

Dang you's lot are full of beans, I kin hear ya  all' a hollerin down under ..must be all that coffee & sweet things you be eatin' !!! Git outside an mows some lawn & use up some of dat excess energy'

Me I dun  mine, gunna' go  get some sweeties &  sit back a while.

Grumps..what grumps !!!!

Ah don't stay full of beans fer Long ,,,, they Pass threw Fast ...

But they's a good source of Naturel Gas ....

Jabez Cowboy

I believe we could all be considered good sources of natural gas. yard is mowed, new tree planted , stay off the lawn

Imis  Loading SG shells this week, 400 so far